Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 Texas State Open Championship

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a great time with Squad 8 - Dave, BJ, Adam P, Bob L, thanks for making the match so much fun - it was great to shoot with you!! Maybe next time I will let that last shot just go and promise to leave mags on the ground!! :P Thanks to the staff at the Open!! Great Job guys!!

Jamie,

My apologies for the no show. No excuses, I just blew it and I am sorry.

Thank you for setting the dinner up.

Jerry Snyder

Jamie,

Kevin Gentry and myself, Jerry Snyder will there Friday and Saturday.

Thanks

Jerry

:huh::( Do You know what it is like to be sitting in a bussy restaurant at a table that sits 12 and be with just one other person?

Jamie,

My apologies for the no show. No excuses, I just blew it and I am sorry.

Thank you for setting the dinner up.

Jerry Snyder

Thats IT! :mellow: thats the apology? At least I got a HUG :devil: from Carina ;)

Its Ok Jerry I know the Bad Boys lead you to a girlie bar

Jamie,

Kevin Gentry and myself, Jerry Snyder will there Friday and Saturday.

Thanks

Jerry

:huh::( Do You know what it is like to be sitting in a bussy restaurant at a table that sits 12 and be with just one other person?

Thanks for setting up the dinner Jamie. It was nice to finally meet you.

I had a great time at the match. And thanks again to all the RO's that worked, we couldn't have done it without you.

Ross

Thanks for setting up the dinner Jamie. It was nice to finally meet you.

I had a great time at the match. And thanks again to all the RO's that worked, we couldn't have done it without you.

Ross

Thank you Ross, for all your hard work at the range earlier in the week.

Jamie...

Mike, Mike, FTE on the Friday dinner.

Saturday was great and George O's!!!!

Squad 10 was a ton of fun! Take a bow folks!

Barrett

YES....Yesss IT wass funn B) .... I almost got a DQ over that Ice Tee thing though, Did you get to see how fast Forrest moved when he saw the glass full coming at him? :blush:

Jamie...

Mike, Mike, FTE on the Friday dinner.

Saturday was great and George O's!!!!

Squad 10 was a ton of fun! Take a bow folks!

Barrett

YES....Yesss IT wass funn B) .... I almost got a DQ over that Ice Tee thing though, Did you get to see how fast Forrest moved when he saw the glass full coming at him? :blush:

Haha...that was a close one. I've never seen him shoot, but if he moves that fast everyone better look out.

BTW...Thanks to everyone who let my dad and I shoot through. I had a final exam on Saturday morning and didn't get out to the range until 2:30 that afternoon.

I learned that shooting through is not an easy way to do it. I dropped way too many shots on Saturday because I was so rushed on every stage. I will probably never do a shoot through again....it's not worth it IMO.

Shooting through can definitely be a challenge. ;) You need to still focus, and prep each stage the same way you do any other - but it gets easier to do as you gain experience at stage prep and stuff...

After assisting w/ all the setup, man, I think you earned that shoot through privilege... ;)

Squad 8 was a lot of fun, too... We had Lucy (BJ's fiance) driving the clipboard for us all weekend, and Tim Norris playing squad dad, so the administration stuff was in good hands all weekend. All we had to do was shoot and tape... and give each other a hard time constantly.... :D

Shooting through can definitely be a challenge. ;) You need to still focus, and prep each stage the same way you do any other - but it gets easier to do as you gain experience at stage prep and stuff...

After assisting w/ all the setup, man, I think you earned that shoot through privilege... ;)

Thanks Dave, I like to help out where I can, and I really enjoy setting stages up. (Plus I get to know where all the traps are!)

I did all the same stage prep I normally do, I just didn't have enough time to really program the stage. I missed a few reloads (either reloaded too early, or ran to slide lock). I still had a great time, I just didn't shoot to my full potential.

Had a great time at this match! Squad 5 was a hoot as usual, and 9 out of 11 of us walked away with trophies - unfortunately, I was one of the 2 that didn't... :blush: But the pool party at Hotel Waco made up for that! Thanks again to Arthur and all the staff that put this match together, y'all did a great job. Hope to see it back on the calendar for next year.

Had a great time at this match! Squad 5 was a hoot as usual, and 9 out of 11 of us walked away with trophies - unfortunately, I was one of the 2 that didn't... :blush: But the pool party at Hotel Waco made up for that! Thanks again to Arthur and all the staff that put this match together, y'all did a great job. Hope to see it back on the calendar for next year.

I was the one of the other ones with no trophy. The match was run very smooth and was very challenging. I applaud the guys that stepped up to RO the match. They were short handed on Range officers and the match ran smoother than some others I have attended that had a full staff. I approached a couple of stages with a hoser mindset and got caught in a speed trap that cost me points and penalties. I will be better prepared for the match next year. My squad was a hoot as usual and the gathering at the pool was one for the books. If you can't let your hair down in front of your friends what good are they. That pool also appears to have a strange appetite for Oakleys and cell phones, doesn't it Rhonda!

Hey Guys,

Squad #5 was an absolute pleasure. I was your scorekeeper on stage 01. My ears are still ringing from the blasts of Rhonda's gun and the concrete walls on both sides of the stage. Ya'll even broadened my vocabulary :roflol:

Seriously, ya'll were a great squad :cheers:

Edited by baerburtchell