Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 Texas State Open Championship

Holy cow! That means all the hotels will be filled with media peeps.

I'm hoping the Secret Service ends up in there with us :lol:

Oh my that would be funny as hell. The bomb sniffing dogs should go nuts with gunpowder residue all over the match shooters. :lol:

Guess who is back from the dead... Just made my reservations now if I can get a match or two in before this one... haven't shot since DTC2007....

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess who is back from the dead... Just made my reservations now if I can get a match or two in before this one... haven't shot since DTC2007....

Who are you again??? :huh:

:lol: There's a lot of matches between now and May, Kurt!!! :D

Hotel Waco is the match hotel. There is a block of rooms. Highly recommend reserving now - Jenna Bush apparently announced last Friday that she's getting married at "The Ranch" (in Crawford, TX) that same weekend ;) Number is 254-753-0261

awesome, thanks for the info Dave...i am assuming you are shooting the match???

Just made reservations at Hotel Waco. Anybody know if Arthur will be using USPSA's online squadding for this match? I missed the Waco match last Sat, I heard he made an announcement about the match but nobody said anything about squadding. Their monthly matches are really fun, I'm sure this one will be a blast! B)

• 2 months later...
Anyone want to try a go at a reservation for dinner - after DTC08 - this could be crazy! Anyone want to name a good place to eat?

George's - Home of the Big O beer and best chicken fried steak in town. I know about half the people that work there, so it shouldn't be too hard to get in, and they have a big party room. It's only about 5 minutes from the hotel.

Buzzard Billy's - really good cajun food.

Even closer to the hotel, on the same exit.

A few others too...

Larry, don't even. Only reason you weren't there is because ya'll couldn't remember which restaurant we were going to.

And in case you didn't pick up on it the first 8395 times we said it, YOU MISSED A HELLUVA GOOD TIME!!!

ok - I nominate Jamie to make the reservation to whatever place he thinks will be good since he knows everyone in Waco!!

Jamie - lets start a list so we know who all is coming!

All them girls are married now....and so am I :unsure:

Besides with my spellng skill ...are you shurr you want me to do it?

Jamie - you be the man to do it!! Lets make sure and get a place that serves beer and whatever else - I know Waco is a dry county or something like that. You know the BEer's will need liquid motion potion!!

Edited by KGentry

Crickets bar and grill is a great place to hang out in Waco. It is near the Brazos river and they have untold numbers of beer on tap like the flying saucer in DFW. They had a pretty good food menu last time I was there as well. This place should be perfect since they dont mind loud and obnoxious groups. Not that anyone on this forum or in our sport would fit that description.

My travel schedule just opened up, so I called Art and will get to shoot this event.

Money will be sent in today.

I enjoyed Double Tap so much, I signed up for Space City and the Texas Open.

Look forward to meeting more of the BE members.

KG - Bring your Ipod headphones.... I snore pretty loud.....

Jerry Snyder

Edited by 1911jerry

YES JERRY YOU SNORE LOUD!!! :surprise: :surprise: :surprise:

It will be a fun event - We are going to stay far away from that wedding though - secret service - gun bag with 400 rounds of ammo - nope - just not going to do it :P

• 2 weeks later...