USPSA election

Jaxshooter

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually 38% is a pretty good number. Remember the percentage is based off of total number of members. A good chunk of those are not active. For example, I've maintained my USPSA for the past few years. But in reality, since 2002 I have only shot 1 USPSA match and a half dozen classifiers. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I did some research here, since we have a pretty good cross section of members and the numbers were surprising.

Of the 10919 Brian Enos forum members (as of this day) there are 123 very active posters (over 1000 posts); 245 fairly active posters (over 500 posts); 808 active posters (over 100 posts) and 4800 non posters (0 posts). In percentage terms we have: Very active - 0.011%, Fairly active - 0.024%, Active - 0.07% and Not active - 43.96%

Equate that to the number of members that shoot, Once a week, once a month, once a year, or hardly ever.

If 38% of USPSA members are active enough to care to vote, I say thats pretty good.

Congrats to the winners!

I am afraid that 38% is pretty typical response to ALL elections in this country. A Czech friend of mine asked me why people don't vote (this was in 1991, 2 years after the Russians left his country). I still have no good answer. Or at least, no flattering answer.

That said, I think the real reason for the poor turnout was Alan Meek and we should start a recall right now <_<

:surprise:

Chuck you are a funny guy.

hmm wonder what job I can volunteer Chuck for :ph34r:

Alan :cheers:

Now on a serious note:

Congratulations to all those that have been re-elected, I am looking forward to working with all of the board and the Staff at USPSA.

For all the candidates that stood up, I extend my thanks for caring enough about this sport to step up and volunteer to take on the jobs associated with being on the BoD or as President.

For all those that voted, thank you for taking the time to express your desires in how you would like to see USPSA run.

Alan

I would like to congratulate all those who not only won, but who stepped up to the line and took a shot at being elected to a position of trust in the organization we all love so much.

As I noted in a private e-mail to a friend, I never felt this election was about me personally. It was about someone who had an amount of experience and was willing to make a 100 percent committment to the sport. I will continue to serve USPSA in whatever manner is approptiate in the future.

When I got up this morning I checked and the sun was still rising in the East and appears to be heading toward the West. That is the way it should be.

Thanks again to all those who supported me in any way. I appreciate it more than you will ever know.

All is well. :cheers:

Gary

Do it again and I'll vote for you again. Hope you stay near to continue supporting us, shooters. USPSA is better with you here.

See you at the range!

I would like to congratulate all those who not only won, but who stepped up to the line and took a shot at being elected to a position of trust in the organization we all love so much.

As I noted in a private e-mail to a friend, I never felt this election was about me personally. It was about someone who had an amount of experience and was willing to make a 100 percent committment to the sport. I will continue to serve USPSA in whatever manner is approptiate in the future.

When I got up this morning I checked and the sun was still rising in the East and appears to be heading toward the West. That is the way it should be.

Thanks again to all those who supported me in any way. I appreciate it more than you will ever know.

All is well. :cheers:

Gary

Do it again and I'll vote for you again. Hope you stay near to continue supporting us, shooters. USPSA is better with you here.

See you at the range!

+1 here :cheers:

Now on a serious note:

on another serious note...23 prez ballots, and 22 area ballots were filled out incorrectly... :surprise: ...and these people are running around with guns!!!

(yes, i know that would include any mickey mouse write-ins...)

Edited by driver8M3

Now on a serious note:

on another serious note...23 prez ballots, and 22 area ballots were filled out incorrectly... :surprise: ...and these people are running around with guns!!!

Ok I just have to know.......just how many votes dis Mickey Mouse get?

Jim

Now on a serious note:

I agree, that scares me!!

how can you fill out a ballot incorrectly?? :surprise: :surprise: :surprise:

Now on a serious note:

Ok I just have to know.......just how many votes dis Mickey Mouse get?

Jim

Probably 23

Y

I did some research here, since we have a pretty good cross section of members and the numbers were surprising.

Of the 10919 Brian Enos forum members (as of this day) there are 123 very active posters (over 1000 posts); 245 fairly active posters (over 500 posts); 808 active posters (over 100 posts) and 4800 non posters (0 posts). In percentage terms we have: Very active - 0.011%, Fairly active - 0.024%, Active - 0.07% and Not active - 43.96%

Pat, your research made my jaw drop. I almost don't believe it, but the numbers don't lie. [EDITED to add: in relationship to NOT VOTING in public elections] ... it it truly unbelievable how many people go through life with their "cruise-control" set on "clueless". [EDITED to add: If people don't vote for the political topic of their choice, then they have no right to complain about the outcome. I don't think those people realize the potential damage they can do to a country (or organization) by doing nothing.]

Edited by CHRIS KEEN

Pat, your research made my jaw drop. I almost dont believe it, but the numbers dont lie. It it truly unbelievable how many people go through life with their "cruise-control" set on "clueless".

This happens!! The sad thing is that this cluelessness is so prevalent!!

I would have hoped for a larger turnout in voting, this gives me a really bad feeling about how much members care... they just don't!!!

Y

Pat, your research made my jaw drop. I almost dont believe it, but the numbers dont lie. It it truly unbelievable how many people go through life with their "cruise-control" set on "clueless".

Huh? How does number of internet forum postings translate to cluelessness?

Also, those numbers total 44%.... what category do the remaining 56% fall into?

Obviously those that posted more than once and less than a hundred.

Keep in mind too, thats the number of posts since May 2, 2001

He did not report the group of 1-99 posts so that must be the other 56%.

I would also be interested in how this data has anything to do with cluelessness. In fact if you follow this logic the members with the most clue might be the ones running their post count up in the thread labeled "Which one?" which appears to be over 3000 posts of useless info (I'll admit I have not read all of it.....maybe I'm wrong :P ).

If this was an internet forum about the internet in general I might have to agree with you. But this is a forum about SHOOTING SPORTS, and more recently ... the politics that accompany them.

The numbers that Pat put up ... that I was so impressed ( depressed with ? ) with were indirectly related to the minimalist turn out of USPSA voters in the recent election. The 60% + of folks who neglected to return their ballots, or who in other words, CHOSE TO NOT CHOOSE, are MY Migrane Headache!

IF YOU CHOOSE NOT TO DECIDE, YOU STILL HAVE MADE A CHOICE - RUSH

I see these 60% + as voting without voting. (if that makes any sense) :angry:

Don't forget that some of the membership (like myself) hasn't been a member long enough to vote. I didn't join USPSA until May and while it may seem a small number at first glance I know of three other people who joined after I did so that's 4 of us that weren't eligible to vote, even if we did want to. I'd bet there's at least a 1,000+ members in the same boat.

Don't forget that some of the membership (like myself) hasn't been a member long enough to vote. I didn't join USPSA until May and while it may seem a small number at first glance I know of three other people who joined after I did so that's 4 of us that weren't eligible to vote, even if we did want to. I'd bet there's at least a 1,000+ members in the same boat.

1000 + members who may have WANTED to vote .... while very nice indeed, does not offset the 9000 + ballots not returned, tossed in the trash, forgotten about, and generally NEGLECTED <_<

In fact if you follow this logic the members with the most clue might be the ones running their post count up in the thread labeled "Which one?" which appears to be over 3000 posts of useless info (I'll admit I have not read all of it.....maybe I'm wrong :P ).

Which One is in the humor section, and the posts in Humor DO NOT count in your post count :cheers:

In fact if you follow this logic the members with the most clue might be the ones running their post count up in the thread labeled "Which one?" which appears to be over 3000 posts of useless info (I'll admit I have not read all of it.....maybe I'm wrong :P ).

Which One is in the humor section, and the posts in Humor DO NOT count in your post count :cheers:

That's true. Now.

The first 2,500 or so posts were made before it was moved to the Humor forum. :rolleyes:

Wow! That is a truly ignorant and close minded statement.