Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

07 L10 Nationals gossip thread

dirtypool40

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I talk to Manny briefly last night. He confirms that Rob is in fact acting like a 500# Silver back and so far at least, beating them all into bananna puree.

Going off the posted scores and only those that have shot the same stages, after two days it looks like this:

TGO, with a total of three deltas in 8 stages. and three stage wins. Nothing lower than 11th. :surprise:

Taran Butler +28 points off 1st. 1 Mike, 9 Deltas.

Ted-Zilla Puente +47 points off 1st. 1 Mike, 3 deltas.

Dave Sevigny +50 points off 1st. 3 Mikes, 2 penalties, 3 deltas.

Manny Bragg + 61 off 1st. 1 Mike, 10 deltas.

This is a guesstimate and impossible to tell how accurate it is, there are several top guys spread out over a couple of squads. Strader for instance has shot different stages than these five.

Stage 10 looks pretty tough as it has side by side double swingers with steel no-shoots in front of them

Steel no-shoots....in the shape of an IPSC target? I didn't think that was legal.

Huh? :huh:

Is USPSA rule 4.3.1.8 any different from IPSC 4.3.1.8?

Stage 10 looks pretty tough as it has side by side double swingers with steel no-shoots in front of them

Steel no-shoots....in the shape of an IPSC target? I didn't think that was legal.

Huh? :huh:

Is USPSA rule 4.3.1.8 any different from IPSC 4.3.1.8?

It's not a 4.3.1.8 thing. USPSA rules (and IPSC) defined what targets were legal (penalty too) in the rulebook. Steel targets are a certain size and shape. Then, before the last World Shoot (IIRC) IPSC put out an exception/interpretation that allowed the use of steel targets as no-shoots that were different than the targets specified in the rule book. (I'm not certain if other shapes were allowed, and I am going off memory here. We could probably talk about that in the rules forum...likely a thread there already.)

Do we still have a 500 made rule for USPSA Limited / Limited 10 or is it anything goes that meets the rules? Could I make a 7" slided 1911?

Bucky, I think that, as long as there are 500 made and it's been out 1 year, it should be legal for L and L10.

Somebody should tell that silverback guy that shooting a single stack against the competition is a disadvantage. :unsure:

Check out this picture Saul had on his website. Has a good view of the gun Rob is shooting. Not a lot of "meat" on the front end of that thing. Kinda looks like a Superman logo on the pocket of his pants too.... :lol:

us07_10.jpg

Edited by cpty1

Check out this picture Saul had on his website. Has a good view of the gun Rob is shooting. Not a lot of "meat" on the front end of that thing. Kinda looks like a Superman logo on the packet of his pants too.... :lol:

us07_10.jpg

and look, his back IS all silver!!!

For the Lim-10 Supers, 340 match points are up for grabs for the last three stages tomorrow.

Rob has a firm lead.

Robert Leatham GM Limited 10 1329.6859 100.00%

Ted Puente GM Limited 10 1272.5305 95.70%

Taran Butler GM Limited 10 1266.8789 95.28%

Travis Tomasie M Limited 10 1260.7765 94.82%

Dave Sevigny GM Limited 10 1248.5871 93.90%

Emanuel Bragg M Limited 10 1238.2763 93.13%

Michael Seeklander U Limited 10 1171.3842 88.09%

Ron Avery M Limited 10 1148.2892 86.36%

Lee Dimaculangan M Limited 10 1137.8049 85.57%

Doug Koenig GM Limited 10 1126.8038 84.74%

In order for the 2nd place shooter to overtake Rob, TGO will have to give up 20pts per stage to Ted.

Ted will have to best Rob by 14.66% on stage 5, 17.32% on stage 6 and 19.05% on stage 7.

Taran in 3rd spot will have to manage 21%, 19% and 16%

I just don't see it. TGO will prpbably pull away some more.

Wow!