Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

07 L10 Nationals gossip thread

dirtypool40

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The arrival of Ted Puente? The man is our Limited 3 Gun National Champion for Christ's sake! Good shooting, Ted. :cheers:

I spoke to Ted today, and he was his normal, humble self. He said he just trie dto stay clean and "survive".

He is a helluva shooter, and a killer nice guy.

I tried to write him up for Front Site and got a "Who's he?" reaction. :blink:

Congrats to Rob and Julie.

Robbie keeps doing it. Well done friend.

J

Yeah, Robbie keeps doing it ..... I think he'll keep doing it until he retires.

I call him the Chuck Norris of practical shooting!

Robbie dosen't shoot fast .... we are just so much in awe, that while he shoots time slows down!

I want to thank all the shooters who kept busting their butts to get the stage reset quickly in the heat. We averaged 2.5 - 3 minute turn arounds which really saved us given the long transit delays for squads coming down from 18 and the other delays that came our way.

I was the CRO on Stage 2. Great to see a lot of forum folks who introduced themselves.

Thanks for the video. I wish we could get elevated platforms for spectators so you can see the shooter and the targets. Oh well.

We were so backed up all the time I never got to run around and see the other stages (or to get to lunch/vendors) so the only way I get to see the other stages is through other folks video. :)

Hi all,

I was one of the ROs on stage 3. I would thank all that came out to play, it was a fun match and I learned alot.

I hope all who attended had a good time.

Thanks also to my CRO Danielle and, RO Gene for putting up with a first timer.

I Hope to see you all next year!

Thanks also to Bubback for letting me use his computer.

RPM

The arrival of Ted Puente? The man is our Limited 3 Gun National Champion for Christ's sake! Good shooting, Ted. :cheers:

I spoke to Ted today, and he was his normal, humble self. He said he just trie dto stay clean and "survive".

He is a helluva shooter, and a killer nice guy.

I tried to write him up for Front Site and got a "Who's he?" reaction. :blink:

I know that Ted is our 3 Gun Champ, and I certainly didn't mean to belittle that. My point was that 3 Gun requires a different skill set and I think many have overlooked him for that reason... and personally I think that a 2nd place finish at this year's L-10, against a field as strong as it was, is even more impressive. I've only met Ted briefly but he seems like a terrific guy and I absolutely wish him the best of success. He should get a Front Sight write-up.

As one of the RO's on stage 12 "Crowded Corner" I would like to thank all the competitors for their help taping the stage. I would like to apologize for having to use tape the last day instead of pasters & for not being able to mix the tape & pasters. It was impressive to watch Max shoot targets going prone & get 20 hits in 7.68 seconds.

you ran out of pasters...at a nationals match? :huh:

A lot more pasters than expected got used on Wed & Thur and a Thur overnight order from a supplier wasn't delivered by Fri night. So available stocks were shifted to insure that pasters & tape were not used on a stage presenting a shooter with 2 different types on material on the target. It was a pain 'cos I would have liked to have some myself. I think we will know better next time, if there is a next time.

Cool looks like the USPSA was giving out door prizes on the stages :surprise:

Alan

THEY NEEDED G.S. THERE THAT WOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED!

Leatham -- L10 Champion.......again.

"The Dynasty Continues" :cheers:

He sure gets lucky...alot.

B)

What is the old saying? The harder you work, the luckier you get.

Luck. N. When preparation meets opportunity. ;)

A lot more pasters than expected got used on Wed & Thur and a Thur overnight order from a supplier wasn't delivered by Fri night. So available stocks were shifted to insure that pasters & tape were not used on a stage presenting a shooter with 2 different types on material on the target. It was a pain 'cos I would have liked to have some myself. I think we will know better next time, if there is a next time.

it's worse than i thought. you ran out of pasters...at nationals...1/2 way through the match... :huh:;):P

larry, what's a GS? a Giant Supply of pasters???

it's worse than i thought. you ran out of pasters...at nationals...1/2 way through the match... :huh:;):P

larry, what's a GS? a Giant Supply of pasters???

We didn't run out of pasters. We appeared to be running low on pasters, even though I'd ordered plenty. Because of waste and some being squirreled away, we looked to be low. I probably could have ordered more in the beginning--hindsight is always 20/20--but as it turned out we had enough to finish with, even though we did use tape on a few stages as a precaution. Once all the buckets were turned in, it was apparent that there were enough.

Troy

I noticed that a lot of folks had those CED paster guns that use the standard Target Barn type pasters. I suspect a few of those arrived at the match empty and got filled at the first stage.

Nothing wrong with that; it just makes an artificial deficit in the paster supply early on.