Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Getting rid of my stuff

Nemo

I hate having to get rid of the shooting gear that has taken a lot of effort to obtain, because of bad "moves" have taken a toll on the house finances.

:(

Hopefully, eventually things will get back to normal.

Hey Nemo,

Sorry to hear about your troubles....just keep in mind life is cyclic and frought with highs and lows, and things have a way of working themselves out.

Here's hoping things improve quickly.

Everything has turned to s*$%# with my household finaces more than once. I feel your pain. Be happy that you have what you need to turn things around, and people happy to buy what you need to sell to get back on your feet.

Best wishes

Anthon :D

Nemo,

Know just how you feel. Like CDRODA says, things come and go.

When I have to do something in that order, I ususally ask for first chance back at what I get rid of (helps the mind a little). ;)

and Yes, you still have US! :)

Hop

You need to find a way to market your smile :D

I second that! Good God the man has a huge smile. It makes you feel happy :D just looking at him.

Sorry for the mis-fortunes, you will always be able to re-collect the hardware later. Family & household top priority!

I navigated through a divorce and all that goes with it a couple of years ago. I saw a lot of "stuff" go by the wayside. After an inventory of what I had left I discovered that I had absolutely everything that was important.

It turns out that I had family, friends and peace, none of which can be bought. The rest, just stuff. It can be pretty damn tough to look at these situations philosophically while in the midst of it all. It sounds like you are working hard at maintaining a healthy perspective and you obviously have a bunch of committed friends to see you through.

.......... After an inventory of what I had left I discovered that I had absolutely everything that was important.

It turns out that I had family, friends and peace, none of which can be bought. The rest, just stuff. It can be pretty damn tough to look at these situations philosophically while in the midst of it all. It sounds like you are working hard at maintaining a healthy perspective and you obviously have a bunch of committed friends to see you through.

Slowhand said a bunch here. Truer words were never spoken. What a great way to look at things. :)

Thanks for your words, guys. It will all be ok, eventually. It's just that the immediate situation sucks.

God allowing, tomorrow I'll wake up on the right side of the grass, in my house, on my bed, next to my beautiful wife, to wake up my two good and healthy sons. Then I'll have to figure out what to wear to go to work. How many won't be able to do any of that?

A little less money and a little less stuff. Big deal. Tomorrow I'll face the day and smile.

:D

I had my manufacturing facility burn down about 6 years ago. I looked at my father and he said well do we quit now.....I said let's try to bring it back, if we fail, then we can quit. We came back better than before. Somehow the threat of losing it all made the choices and decisions very clear. As George Carlin put it we all have too much stuff! I seemed to be much happier when I was younger with less stuff. Good luck.

Hola Mi Amigo!

Like Jon said, it'll get better. Too, Sam (hopalong) brought up a great point about getting first dibs on your stuff back. I have a buddy holding my first Open gun for me back in CA. The original owner and I have agreed that WE will always hold onto this one.

Rich

I had my manufacturing facility burn down about 6 years ago. I looked at my father and he said well do we quit now.....I said let's try to bring it back, if we fail, then we can quit. We came back better than before. Somehow the threat of losing it all made the choices and decisions very clear. As George Carlin put it we all have too much stuff! I seemed to be much happier when I was younger with less stuff. Good luck.

I like what Chuck said. Especially that last sentance, there. :rolleyes:

Things are looking up for you already, Nemo ................. 'cause you still got Friends, Family, a job, FREEDOM, and of course that great smile! ;)

Ive been fortunate to always be able to keep my guns (for the most part) but I have restarted my life several times do to divorce and life changes. Trust me when I say that a determined man will rise again. It makes you stronger, a believer and a better person all around. Those that stand beside you will shine, those that dont, were not as close as you thought. You will see whats important and whats not, you will learn what made you happy and what didnt. think of it as a sould cleansing.

Todd

Wishing you nothing but the best Nemo. I know it's a pain in the ass when the fiscal vice grips get clamped down, but the greatest part is that they eventually let go.

Here's to an early release!

Ive been fortunate to always be able to keep my guns (for the most part) but I have restarted my life several times do to divorce and life changes. Trust me when I say that a determined man will rise again. It makes you stronger, a believer and a better person all around. Those that stand beside you will shine, those that dont, were not as close as you thought. You will see whats important and whats not, you will learn what made you happy and what didnt. think of it as a sould cleansing.

Todd

+1

Nemo,

hope everything turns out well

Edited by ogiebb

You guys have no idea how many times I've come back to read your words. Very comforting during these days of angst.

¡Muchas gracias, amigos!

Nelson,

My heart goes out to you brother. Its tough to see things you really enjoy

go out the door. But, stuff happens for a reason. Its makes you enjoy the

time with family a little more. It makes you stop and smell the roses and

appreciate family and friends even more. And 10 years from now you'll

look back and realize that you are a better and stronger person because

of those bumps in the road.

Ron

Nemo,

I have been there, I had a couple of bad things happen, job related.

I got rid of a bunch of stuff to make ends meet, a couple of guns that I will never be able to replace.

a Springfield Professional model that was completed and dated and signed by Dave Williams on 9-11-2001

Two Colt National Matches from 1960 and another from 1958

Two consectutive serial number Colt Special Combats

A custom built Nowlin .40s&w limited gun by John Nowlin Sr

A custom built Nowlin .45acp single stack by Joh Nowlin Sr.

And while I know that I can never replace them, I have been able to keep my house, and my family together.

When it comes right down to it, the most important things are the most important things, and that is family.

I might not be able to replace these guns ever, I still have what is the most important thing to have the love of my family, a house and a decent job.

The greatest thing about this hobby and sport we get into is that even without all those things we think we might need, we can still get out there with a $400 CZ and have fun.