Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Meopta Specific Questions?

dghboy315

I run the LaRue 104 also...the best fit if you run the scope just in front of the charging handle. I too tend to keep my nose on the charging handle.

I have yet to change the batteries...Had the scope about a year and love it. I still wish the dot was a little smaller but can work with it.

Coming from the military I zero at 25 meters and have no problem out to 300 meters.

Busyhawk

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the PRI mount and rings on top of my CTR02 at Rocky Mountain. The zipper broke on my Blackhawk rifle case(bottom zip), the gun did a magic flip and landed on the eye piece in a grass field. About a 2 foot drop. Changed the zero 18 clicks down and 9 right. I now use the LaRue. The same may happen with the LaRue, but it looks stronger. I probably won't try the drop test, but I will sell the PRI...

Chuck

I had a similar experiance as chuck but on a tile floor. Ruined the top turret cap the scope and LaRue mount were unfazed. still held zero. I sent the scope to Meopta and they repaired the turret assembly so I could remove the cap. No charge either even though I explained it was my fault.

I had the PRI mount and rings on top of my CTR02 at Rocky Mountain. The zipper broke on my Blackhawk rifle case(bottom zip), the gun did a magic flip and landed on the eye piece in a grass field. About a 2 foot drop. Changed the zero 18 clicks down and 9 right. I now use the LaRue. The same may happen with the LaRue, but it looks stronger. I probably won't try the drop test, but I will sell the PRI...

You should drop it again with the Larues. :lol:

I think it's the scope. I get the feeling that you kind of have to baby this scope. I lost zero too. Not as bad as yours --- 6 clicks vertical and 2 horizontal. But then again I use the PRI.

So yah... drop the scope again. You know just to make sure it was the mount. :D

You will definately need the SPR-E if you shoot nose to charging handle.

I have the plain SPR (non extended) mount, but I shoot with my head further back than the nose to charging handle. As you can see from the photo, there's not much room for me to move the scope forward if I were to need to. My mount is also the higher 1.93, which is not quite as comfortable to me as the 1.5, but I wanted the option of putting my IR laser under the top of the scope.

I'm still reserving judgement on this scope/mount for what I'm using it for overseas, but so far I am pleased. I did have some slight difficulties fine tuning the zero (I think I may have been "chasing the zero." To move it two clicks right, I eventually started moving it 10 clicks right and then back 8 clicks left. That seemed to help. Does everyone uses this technique?) However, with a non-free float barrel with no telling how many rounds through it and a heavy trigger, I can't say for sure that the problems I had were due to the scope and not the rifle.

I check my zero as often as I can, and so far no problems even though it's been knocked around more in a few months than it ever would in 3 gun matches. (I still keep an ACOG under the seat in case I do have problems.)

post-6373-1195540868.jpg

Edited by Leozinho

• 4 months later...
What about using two 2032's? That's what you do to make a Docter brighter (using a Arredondo mount). Or a combination of a 2032 and a 2016.

this is what i did on my k-dot, works fine :cheers:

• 1 year later...

Does anyone have full dimensional info in MOA on the K-Dot reticle?

From earlier posts by Kurt & Pacman in this thread:

* Dot size (4x): exactly 2 MOA

* Distance from bottom of dot to top of vertical hash mark (4x): ~4 MOA

How about:

* Distance from side of dot to side hash mark: Also 4 MOA??

* Length of hash marks: ?? MOA

Thanks folks!

On top of being an outstanding scope, Meopta has the best customer service I have encountered in a long, long time.

My scope started to randomly lose illumination. I sent an email to the company, received a response with a return authorization the next day with no questions asked. They had the scope for 1 week then I receive an email that they had identified the problem and rather than repair and return it which would take 3 to 4 weeks, they were just going to send me a brand new scope.

Not many companies operate that way anymore. As a result I will give Meopta my money anytime one of their products is suitable for my needs. :bow:

Marc

On top of being an outstanding scope, Meopta has the best customer service I have encountered in a long, long time.

My scope started to randomly lose illumination. I sent an email to the company, received a response with a return authorization the next day with no questions asked. They had the scope for 1 week then I receive an email that they had identified the problem and rather than repair and return it which would take 3 to 4 weeks, they were just going to send me a brand new scope.

Not many companies operate that way anymore. As a result I will give Meopta my money anytime one of their products is suitable for my needs. :bow:

Marc

I had the exact same problem and exact same outcome. They would have replaced the scope whether or not if they could duplicate the problem.

How about:

Thanks folks!

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=861623

• 2 weeks later...

How about:

Thanks folks!

I made up the following reticle dimensions from my own measurements. I believe them to be accurate, but if anyone finds errors, let me know.

Reticle_dimensions_in_MOA.pdf

I made up the following reticle dimensions from my own measurements. I believe them to be accurate, but if anyone finds errors, let me know.

Thanks for the diagram! Comparing it to AlamoShooter's post, it matches up with his except for the bottom bar. He basically describes it as being the same dimensions as you show for the left/right horizontal bars (vs. slightly longer as in your diagram). I'm not sure which is correct though??

Thanks for the diagram! Comparing it to AlamoShooter's post, it matches up with his except for the bottom bar. He basically describes it as being the same dimensions as you show for the left/right horizontal bars (vs. slightly longer as in your diagram). I'm not sure which is correct though??

I also thought they were the same until I photographed the reticle. I then copied the photo into power point and scaled it up. This is also how I came up with all the other dimensions.