Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Florida Gators Beat The Nuts Off The Buckeyes!

XD Niner

I just watched my Gators totally destroy the over hyped, under powered and generally pathetic Ohio State Buckeyes. The win is all the sweeter given the inflated egos of the Ohio State fans in Arizona and else where. It was an incredible performance by Florida after the FUBAR on the opening kickoff. Florida is now the first University to ever have the reigning NCAA football and basketball champions at the same time (and that’s not counting Emmitt Smith’s victory in Dancing with the Stars!) B) GO GATORS!!! :):):):):):)

(Maybe they should change the saying to “Duh Ohio State”) :lol:

The SEC is (IMO) the most competitive and toughest conference in college football in the country and it isnt very often you see a team emerge from the SEC w/out at least one loss. It has been done, but with that type of competition all year long, even a National Champion from the SEC will most likely have 1 loss.

Everyone kept saying Florida didnt have a chance, but I said it would be closer than what they think. I didnt ever imagine it would have been like this.

Flex,

Its funny b/c my dad has always been an Ohio State fan since I can remember (Woody Hayes days) and he always said, "Ohio State is great throughout the season, but when an important game comes along at the end of the year (ie big rivalry last game, or Rose Bowl) they always lose and fall apart." Its almost like it is a ginx. I thought that was resolved after they beat Miami, but bit them again this year.

What amazed me is that Gators kept it together the second half. Ohio really never got their game together. Florida's offensive line kept pressure on the whole game! GO GATORS.

That is a beautiful stadium and loved the camera work.

That was the best the Big 10 could do? Please!! What and over-rated team. The Buckeyes were out of condition and there was no comparison in speed. They were over-whelmed. The SEC is the better conference in college football - the bowls showed that. BTW - OSU has never beaten an SEC team in a bowl game.

The SEC.....Gamecocks, Gators, and Tigers...... Oh My!!!

Edited by Jack Suber

This years BCS games showed how weak the Big 12 and Big 10 conferences really are. Maybe, just maybe they will start to see how a playoff will determine a true National Champion in the future.

I personally had no doubt about the outcome of both the USC/Michigan or the Florida/Ohio State games. Wasn't betting it would be that much of a beating!

I'de like to see that Boise State/Florida game, or USC/Florida, or USC/Boise State.

Sort of makes Kentucky look pretty good at least they kept it close, 17-14.

Heck Auburn beat UF 27-17 and all we got was this

Middleman,

I bleed Blue & Orange too (the Auburn variety) but I'm afraid my Tigers will have to settle for the distinction of being the only team to beat the national champs (and LSU). ;)

It's our own fault.

If not for that miserable outing against Georgia it may have been OU vs. AU.

Borges better find a way to get some production out of that offense next year.

Man I'm glad the championship game is over.

Pulling for Florida caused me more stress than I care to deal with.

Now I can go back to my normal contempt. :D

I think what you are seeing is the latest "hot" offense put to good use.

In football those that adopt and perfect innovative systems are ahead of the curve until the rest of the world figures out how to defense it.

Remember when Texas and Alabama adopted the "Wishbone" and slaughtered all comers?

The next big thing was the "West Coast" offense.

Now defensive coordinators know how to defeat it.

Now comes the spread offense and the temporary prominence of the teams that have embraced it.

Has Ohio State faced this spread this season?

Fla probably gave the Buckeyes more formations and "looks" in one game than you would normally see in a whole season.

Tls

Edited by tlshores

That's ok, I'll settle for beating bama 5 years in a row.

"Normal contempt" - Not in Mr & Dr Middle Man's house! My wife is a native Floridian that grew up and Auburn fan, feelings of contempt for the Gators passed her in pre-school. She may actually hate the Gators more than a native Auburn fan hates Saban's Tuskalooser Pachyderms. However, she didn't mind that the Gators won, she really thought the Buckeyes were overrated all season.

Yeah, the spread O is full of gimmicks and is the new, hot offensive philosophy. The SEC, WAC, & Pac 10 play defense against it with varying degrees of success, however Ohio State and the Big 10 probably had zero experience on how to handle it. Heck, I don't think the Big 10 at large has much experience vs the more advanced West Coast O either. As a bonus, UF and many SEC defensive coordinators are ahead of the curve because they study and work with/against some of the best offensive innovators week in and week out.

Ahh, Bo Jackson running the bone...memories, fond memories

War Eagle!

The spread misdirection offense is going to be hard to stop.Look at Arkansas this year.The Big Orange Pumpkin up in Knoxville is too stubborn to see it.He will be fired or forced to resign within 5 years.

The spread misdirection offense is going to be hard to stop.Look at Arkansas this year.The Big Orange Pumpkin up in Knoxville is too stubborn to see it.He will be fired or forced to resign within 5 years.

NO!!!

Don't let Fulmer get fired, he is the best thing that the Gators could ever hope for!! :D

+1 on hanging on to Fulmer. We like him just where he is. He's our MVP - Most Valuable Putz

Funny, if he's a putz..........He's a putz that has as many National Titles as Urban Meyer or Spurrier.

Edited by jasmap