Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Gun Pictures

shooterbenedetto

Here is the completed gun I built for my Junior(11) shooter. It is an STI frame with a 6" STI slide and a 6" Scheumann TryBrid barrel in 9mm. I love the feel and weight of this gun and if I build another open for myself, it will be exactly this configuration. The gun tracks great, and the popel holes/comp do an amazing job keeping the muzzle down. Works flawlessly with minor or major loads. Thanks to SPRINGCO for the recoil reducer, it really helped to make this gun shootable for my son. Plate-Tacular did the finish and Daniel met all my hopes, the gun is beautiful. I did the machine work on the slide myself. Only thing I might do now is try a frame mount for the Leupold Deltapoint

post-14188-0-17968200-1355263395_thumb.jpost-14188-0-42448000-1355266571_thumb.j

That looks awesome! What type of finish was is that? With the different colors, about how much did it run? How well does the finish wear?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

My 38 super/supercomp shorty, builder unknown. And my Millennium Custom also in super/supercomp. I'm still debating going total blackout on the millennium.

Clean lines. Really diggn' the simple look!

It was for sale in the classifieds here forever!! Finally got the cash together to buy it. Awesome gun!!!!

A little off the norm, but it is an open gun. My sons open Long Range pistol for the Long Range event at the Masters. The Juniors shoot 6 & 9" plates out to 100 meters, freestyle. This is also my practice gun for the Long Range event, much cheaper ammo. It is built on a Ruger Charger, with a Tac Sol barrel and brake. The trigger uses a cantilever system and pull is right around 8-10 oz. It will shoot into 1" at 100 meters. The paint is '90 Corvette Red post-14188-0-77516000-1358426749_thumb.jpost-14188-0-41472900-1358426761_thumb.j