Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 Limited Nationals Updates

220 Competitors in Limited

24 Grand Masters

43 Masters

This field was deep and strong.

Only 1% seperated the top 5, thats only 15 points after 3 days & 18 stages. B)

The top 12 were above 90%.

33 guys above 80%

Not a spectator sport, my butt

Edited by blkbrd

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only 1% seperated the top 5, thats only 15 points after 3 days & 18 stages.

That's what always astonishes me about IPSC/USPSA. Over such a large number of stages/rounds that it comes down to so few points. Basically if you make a single mistake you have a major hurdle to overcome to claw it back.

The top three were just 9 points apart, that's 0.59%

The top two were 2.4 points apart... That's a 'D' on a single target on a single stage. Imagine hitting a 'D' instead of an 'A' on a single target... and losing the match, because of a 'D'..!

It boggles the mind !

Edited by BritinUSA

Limited division is the deep end of the talent pool. Great shooters going at it until the end...often until the final stage.

The difference between first and second in 2005:

1. 1482.9059 (TGO)

2. 1480.8444 (Manny)

2003:

1. 1630.7545 100.00% (TGO - won on the last stage)

2. 1621.6973 99.44% (Phil)

3. 1619.0974 99.29% (Taran)

2001 (won on the last stage, about 5 pts. separated the top 3 going into the final stage)

:

1. 1492.3693 100.00% (TGO)

2. 1465.4598 98.20% (TJ)

3. 1459.3372 97.79% (The Burner)

And, again this year...a mix of guns. You have to go 7 shooters deep until you get a repeat (if I'm not mistaken?).

1. Glock

2. SV

3. Springfield

4. Para

5. STI

6. Tangfolio

7. STI

-----------------------------

Speaking of the final stage...what happened this year in Limited??

It looks like squad 16 (TGO, Tilley, Dave) shot Stage 16 last ?

My math has those three within 6 points of each other going into Stage 16.

Dave and Chris both ate a penalty, and Robbie was 4 seconds off the pace ???

From a Revolver shooter's perspective:

What a match!! Great performances were posted in all three divisions. Congratulations to the victors in Limited, Limited-10, and Revolver. All were hard-fought battles.

Regarding Jerry Miculek: What can anybody say that hasn't already been said? He's the most talented wheelgunner that ever walked the earth, and a true champion of whom we can all be extremely proud. This year Jerry was under more pressure than ever, with participation in Revo up by more than 50% from last year. We all knew the field was improving, getting faster and tougher. We knew the new young GM from Arizona was going to show us his stuff. And Jerry whomped us all again!

Congratulations to the winners of the other divisions: Dave Sevigny and Max Michel are both truly great champions, and both faced extraordinary battles to achieve their respective victories. Great job, guys! It's a pleasure to watch the true masters play the game, regardless of the type of handgun being wielded. What a pleasure to see the two top seeds in Limited division going into the match (Rob and EB) sharing a golf cart for the match. That kind of true comeraderie and sportsmanship is what this game is all about.

This was just a phenomenal event. I truly enjoyed every aspect of this match. Great stages, great match management, nice recognition and prize table--overall, the 2006 Nationals was very well done. Thanks to everybody who worked so hard to make it so.

-----------------------------

Speaking of the final stage...what happened this year in Limited??

It looks like squad 16 (TGO, Tilley, Dave) shot Stage 16 last ?

My math has those three within 6 points of each other going into Stage 16.

Dave and Chris both ate a penalty, and Robbie was 4 seconds off the pace ???

I heard the TGO forgot a target and had to back up. :o

Can anyone remember when the last time someone NOT named Rob ,Todd or Jerry won the limited lationals?

Big congratulations to Dave.

Yes! Anything I would say about winning the match would be an understatement, so - congratulations Dave!!!

Congratulations to Henning on finishing 6th - especially in that tough field. And he's fairly new to the stock-gun thing - very impressive finish.

be

Excuse me young lady....

You won Limited 10!!!

I hope to see you at Tulsa :D:D:D

47i1vlx.jpg

Hey all!

Congrats to Dave on an awesome last day performance!

Max Michel won L-10.

Jerry won Revolver.

Lisa Munson was high lady limited.

Congratulations to all the winners!!!

I did get some video of the some of the super squad on the last day and will try to post it tomorrow.

All the best,

Julie

Edited by ysued

Ok... Just finished with the videos I posted on my site. Look on the left menu bar under videos here. They are the few clips of the super squad I managed to catch after finishing up with the ladies squad. They certainly aren't the greatest as their last stage was not the most photo/video friendly but it was a treat to watch!!!

Hope you enjoy!

I have vids of my whole "bloopers reel" / match and the last stage and a half of the supers. If someone can host I'll email them tomorrow.

All the runs I talk about here I have on video to share...

Dave's Stage winning run on 15 really put the heat on. It was just really crisp and "one for one" on long partial mini poppers. Chris hung up a mag, and dumped one on the ground, after having several extra shots on the small poppers up front.

On 16, you can't see much. From what I can see, and remember of his run, it looked like Rob ran past the static after the opening "max-trap" on 16. It loooked like he activated the second "max-trap" before he meant to, then remembered the static he passed up. So, he ended up not catching the second one open and had to fire three slow rounds at the top edge "upper A" they left you. You could hear him yell in frustration / realization just as he activated #2 and started backwards. It was BRUTAL to watch the streak end like that.

You look at the scores on 16 and you see the top three finishers clustered tightly, it was a tough way to finish but, WOW, what a match.

The talent pool is just unbelievable in Limited when it's not diluted in a combined nationals.

I shot on squad 35 with Henning, Seeklander, and a bunch more great shooters but those two were especially awesome. And Brian says Henning is new to iron sights?!?!

BTW, on stage 14, Henning dropped a mag on the ground and picked it up and still had a sweet run.

Nobody mentioned the great weather. 75-ish and not very humid. Horrible thunderstorms on the way from Quincy to St. Louis this morning, though.

BTW, though I don't care for half-days of shooting, that was one of the better formats for a national match. I think the small (ten) squads was the ticket.

BTW, though I don't care for half-days of shooting, that was one of the better formats for a national match. I think the small (ten) squads was the ticket.

+1

Much better than the 18 person squads of last year. Instead of doing our "waiting" between shooters in the heat at the range, we "waited" back at the cottage with a cool beverage and our feet up on the 1/2 day we were off.