Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 Limited Nationals Updates

Thanks for the update Manny. You are my pick to win it all this year!! You've been smoking all year long at Area matches and I'd love to say that I took a class from the National champ the same year he won it!

Come on Manny, or do I have to remind you of the lessons you drove into my head? Sight lift, trigger prep, focus. You'll do fine I'm sure.

Good luck Manny, I'll pulling for ya!!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's turning into just the match we thought it would. Right now, everything is still up for grabs! Just about everyone in our squad is shooting well (Limited) plus Henning, Ron, and Seeker in the other. Henning is giving a clinic from what I've heard. Simply AWESOME. I just hope someone got stage 2 or 6 on tape!

I'm definitely going to shoot any and all dark stages in the future with one hand! Nothing quite like doing 3 unplanned reloads on a 14 round speed shoot! 30+ match points later.... :angry:

Good luck to everyone tomorrow.

Phil

I don't know who is shooting on which squads...

But, going off Robbie after his 8 stages:

718 - Robbie (not winning a stage)

707 - Chris

707 - Dave

705 - Phil

692 - Taran

692 - TJ

682 - Travis

Henning is on the other Limited SS, which seem to be a stage or two away from the other SS...and Henning has 3 100%'s and a 97%. B) (Looks like he had a problem on Stage 7, but it was only a 40 point stage.)

A lot of the talent is spread out this year.

(Jerry has won 6 of 9 stages in Revolver so far...shooting on a real Revolver Super Squad.)

Is it only me that thinks shooting can also be a spectator sport??? <_<

Its hard to be much of a spectator and follow the Nationals "Our Super Bowl" when the organizing body wont post daily results. Heck I think with our membership we should have webcams, photos, interviews and after action commentary from super squad members.

I think it would be worth a little of my membership $$$ to have some daily updates and photos posted.

I would lay odds that "the best writer I have seen published in front sight" our own dirtypool AKA Eric would be happy to write some articles and do some real time interviews if the board would ask him nicely. Of course trying to shoot the match may get in the way of this?

This is in no way a knock on the girls and guys working the match as they bust their butts getting the match run and scoring done. But there has to be a way to follow the Nationals??

The results from today have not been posted yet. Not sure why.

Just where on the USPSA site are the results supposed to be updated. So far I haven't been able to find them - yesterday or today.

Poker is on TV. Darts is on TV. Bowling is on TV. And just think of it, even Golf is on

TV.

Just think - playback, commentary, multiple angles. It would sell a lot of toilet paper and soap. It would make money.

Maybe next year they can think about offering a subscription service like the cable channels. If enough people are interested in coverage to pony up some bucks in advance then I'm sure someone will show up to do some reporting.

As much as I would like to see interim results, I can completely understand the match staff not getting them out. You work all day long getting scores entered, working all the other issues around a big match stats shack, spend time confirming the scores entered against the score sheets because it's a big match and little mistakes are huge, etc. and you finally get out of there around 9:00 dead beat, hungry, maybe wanting to spend a little time with people you haven't seen in a year, whatever. We're just going to have to be patient.

:thread derailment mode on:

I would be more thatn happy, as a professional sports broadcaster, to do interviews and have them posted on the web for future matches. They could be post stage interviews with the Super Squad members.

Just a thought.

:thread derailment mode off:

I know its tough keeping up with everything and running the Nats, but I would love to have more updated info from day to day or even every few stages. Would love to have webcams.

Cant wait till next month when Im in Tulsa.

+1

It's tough to comment on this, since no one wants to be unfair to the men and women who are working hard to put on this match.

But this is a showcase event, and for those of us NOT at the match, it would be nice to just have scoring updated once or twice a day, and possibly a blurb and photo, or short video on the USPSA 'Nationals' page.

Web-cams, TV coverage, live interviews...hmm, maybe a bit much. But I think the above is reasonable...