Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 Uspsa Area 2 Championship

Sure could use the Match Hotel Info ASAP. I'm driving out, but I'd sure like to nail down my hotel reservation right now. I think I'm going to come out a few days early as well... Maybe a week or so total. Some places, shps, et al. I'd like to visit while I'm out there. :)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got all my flight, hotel and car from hotwire.com...flight $176.00.hotel $116.00 and car rental for $89.00 everything just under $400.00

i chose to stay at a hotel near the airport so that i'm not in a hurry

and worried by the time i leave on sunday about 5:30pm. i should

be back to los angeles in les than 2 hrs.

NOW I JUST NEED TO GET IN THE TOURNAMENT ! OTHERWISE ALL THESE ARE NOT REFUNDUBLE.

Will the prize table be by random drawing (My favorite) or by shooter order of finish?

Nope, not random. If you want to win, you have to win! You walk the tables by division standing. Having said that, I want to point out that the prize tables have been excellent. There were many guns in each division. So, get your best game on, you will need it!

Later,

Chuck

Hi all,

I just got word from Barb. The banquet will NOT be at the range. It will "be at a nearby banquet facility near a golf course".

Later,

Chuck

Good. It will be nicer than last year. I didn't mind because the prize table is so great but it'll be more comfortable.

• 2 weeks later...

Will Anyone Be Posting stage design on the Area 2 web page or anywhere else? going to try to make this one will be my first.

it will do no good! believe me.

lynn

The only good it'll be for would/might be round count ;)

barry B)

You have to wonder what will happen when it gets to the point where, between all the different overnight services, Barb receives more app's than she has room for on the first day. Maybe a lottery would be the best way although the idea brings up some other questions:

1) Should a % of the slots be reserved for members within Area 2? (I know some of the folks in my section feel pretty strongly about this issue) :unsure:

2) Should the match admistrators try to balance the numbers with regards to division and class? If so how?

3) How many slots get reserved for sponsors or previous winners?

I wonder if this isn't why we now have separate nationals for different divisions? Could the same approach work with A2?

Then again, we could also adopt the slot assignments by section and/or club based on activity. Of course that process doesn't happen by itself. I sense that Kim and her colleages at HQ put a lot of time into that process every year. I have to wonder if that's something A2 could pull off with a volunteer staff.

Questions, questions... Not many answers.

Any idea how quick this one usually fills up? Is it worth Overnight shipping on the Apps? How do most send in their apps?

It filled up in about 4 days last year. I would definitely recommend overnighting if you want to get one in. I am here in Phx and since they won't take hand delivered even the locals are going to send overnight....not nice! :(

Any idea how quick this one usually fills up? Is it worth Overnight shipping on the Apps? How do most send in their apps?

It filled up in about 4 days last year. I would definitely recommend overnighting if you want to get one in. I am here in Phx and since they won't take hand delivered even the locals are going to send overnight....not nice! :(

OK, thanks for info. Guess it is fedex next day for me as well.

The locals could probably figure out which was the appropriate post office and just mail the apps there-- instant overnight, (so long as they look at the zip code before bundling it into a bag and sending it over to central processing.)

Otherwise it might be fun to mail in 4 identical apps spaced over 6 days regular mail-- start a week before the start date and one should make it in the open window.

Otherwise it might be fun to mail in 4 identical apps spaced over 6 days regular mail-- start a week before the start date and one should make it in the open windown.

Sounds like the process should be made Virgina count. <_<

Later,

Chuck

LOL!!! :angry: