Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Do People Do..........

wow!, Certainly a lot of different professions here. Didn't think I'd get this much response to my question.

I'm always interested in what other folk do for a living, must be the bosey nastard in me!!

Cheers all.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As of late I'm an R&E lead at a local MRO.

Anyone who know what that is will share my concerns about job security!!!

I know what it means and I understand your concerns. If your willing to move to the Gulf or commute every 7 days, we have job openings now. If you've got rotorcraft experience you can go EMS where we have locations across the country. Only 3 layoffs in the 57 year history of the company. Last one about 10 years ago. If you know any sling wing pilots we can use them also. Company website.
Aereonautical engineer.
Hey Luca, is it true that somewhere in aviations early history that some aeronautical engineers wife was caught cheating with an aircraft mechanic and from then on aircraft were designed with parts that were inaccessable and/or would draw blood from the hapless mechanic as payback? :rolleyes:

wow!, Certainly a lot of different professions here. Didn't think I'd get this much response to my question.

Yeah .. one of the things I've noticed early on was that USPSA/steel/action shooters come from ALL walks of life, and no one looks down upon anyone else. USPSA may have a classification system, but it doesn't have a class system.

I teach in a small Wyoming public school system where I spend most of my time abusing the school network by wasting bandwidth.

Daily activities include cross-functional work in the disciplines of gas turbines, centrifugal compressors, gas measurement, plant, pipeline, controls and corrosion with a primary emphasis on gas measurement.

So basically you pass gas?

Hey Luca, is it true that somewhere in aviations early history that some aeronautical engineers wife was caught cheating with an aircraft mechanic and from then on aircraft were designed with parts that were inaccessable and/or would draw blood from the hapless mechanic as payback? :rolleyes:

:lol::lol::lol:

I dunno, my wife swears she doesn't know my colleagues ... :D

• 2 weeks later...

Shrink / Prognosticator

Daytime I run a drug treatment program for inmates who enter federal prison addicted. Also therapy, suicide prevention, confrontation avoidance, firearms instructor, etc.

After dark I teach graduate psychology classes at troy university. (Research Methods, Statistics, Group Therapy, Tests and Measures, that sort of thing)

ajm

• 4 weeks later...

DOD civilian employee

US Army Corps of Engineers

Jacksonville District

Planning Division

Environmental Branch

Special Projects Section

Biologist, basically doing environmental compliance for Corps civil works (flood control, navigation, shore protection, etc.) and military projects (DERP-FUDS).

Essayons!

• 2 weeks later...

Was in Procurment (people called and i found what they wanted)

Now.

Karate and Aikido Instructor

House wife (while my mother heals from surgery) this job sucks! thank god i'm a temp!!!

Web Design

Firearms instruction (NRA and CCW classes)

Fixing to start a used car lot and mini storage alogn with some rental properties...

ooh yeah and i shoot guns too.

Critical Care Nurse -- last 16 years in Interventional Cardiac Cath Lab (inserting stents in heart arteries & carotids)

Major match stats -- at various shooting disciplines

At the major match, shooters only think they are dying when they are having a bad day . . .

Linda Chico

Columbia SC