Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC and bipods?

DocMedic

Dumb question, but I'm looking over the rules for PCC division and I don't see any specific ruling saying a PCC can't use a bipod. What would be the call if I used one at a USPSA lvl2 match?

Thanks for the answers, I had clarified with the MD prior to the match start and as it was answered here, yes you can however it must be attached the whole time. To answer some questions, sometimes you just find a advantage for more stablation at longer shots at matches that have 80 yard shots...

Shooting 3-4 aimed shots at those targets would be easier than trying to setup and the get out of a bipod position.... I'd argue taking a mike would be better for your score than trying to do it as well. 

Edited by mikeg1005

3 hours ago, mikeg1005 said:

Shooting 3-4 aimed shots at those targets would be easier than trying to setup and the get out of a bipod position.... I'd argue taking a mike would be better for your score than trying to do it as well. 

You arent thinking outside the box enough. Start knelling, low ready. Bipod is already deployed, mount and shoot. Leave position. It will 100% be beneficial in certain situations. Watching IPSC rifle matches, there is some very unique stuff. 

1 hour ago, Maximis228 said:

You arent thinking outside the box enough. Start knelling, low ready. Bipod is already deployed, mount and shoot. Leave position. It will 100% be beneficial in certain situations. Watching IPSC rifle matches, there is some very unique stuff. 

Isn't he talking about shooting in regular USPSA matches in the PCC division.  Not rifle only matches.

Rifle matches with rifle-difficulty targets can certainly benefit from a bipod. But if it's a pistol match where a rifle shooter would benefit from a bipod, the targets are not appropriate for pistols. 

1 hour ago, MHicks said:

Isn't he talking about shooting in regular USPSA matches in the PCC division.  Not rifle only matches.

Speaking strictly from a gaming aspect off a start position. It can be done and would have benefits for a PPC shooter in a specific situation. Much like why some PPC shooters use 2 red dots... it make sense on certain leans. 

4 minutes ago, Maximis228 said:

Speaking strictly from a gaming aspect off a start position. It can be done and would have benefits for a PPC shooter in a specific situation. Much like why some PPC shooters use 2 red dots... it make sense on certain leans. 

Some stages do allow you to start anywhere in the shooting area. I suppose you could start kneeling but I don't know about having the bipod already deployed. The stages I've seen that allow starting anywhere have never had long range, small targets that you'd want to be your first target. 

When I've run across a stage with a mini popper or two out at 40 or 50 yards it's always the last shots you'd probably take. The possibility of this specific instance that a bipod would be a benefit sounds pretty remote vs having to have a bipod on your PCC  all the time.

10 hours ago, Maximis228 said:

I don't know about where you're shooting, but most of the WSB i've seen, even if it is a "start anywhere" stage still reference "standing", which is clearly defined and doesn't allowed for a kneeling, crouching, or even hunched start.  I can't imagine a bipod being useful at all in a USPSA match unless absolutely everything could be shot from a single position, which should never be the case.  

If there was a USPSA match where it was actually useful for the PCC guys to use a bipod then wouldn't that be at least half a clue that that match was foobar'd for all the pistol shooters? i.e. for better than 90% of the participants?

4 hours ago, ddc said:

If there was a USPSA match where it was actually useful for the PCC guys to use a bipod then wouldn't that be at least half a clue that that match was foobar'd for all the pistol shooters? i.e. for better than 90% of the participants?

Just use a bipod on the pistol as well? 🤷‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...