Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2023 Holosun Competition Optic. (507 Comp)

Michael303

On 4/14/2023 at 9:53 AM, Badger663 said:

The window coating looks like it's got that dumb blue tint though. I switched from a 509t to an acro and the clarity of the glass is def worth the extra money.

The 509T is well known to have a significant fishbowl and tint. The newer EPS sights have fixed that issue.

Their single window offering like the 507c looks almost neutral. It has less tint than a SRO and way less than a Romeo 3 XL/Max. I haven’t seen the 507 Comp yet but I dont see why it would have a dramatically different coating from their other singe pane offering.

Edited by tt350z

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/14/2023 at 7:51 AM, Racinready300ex said:

Yeah, OP saying they have something doesn't mean much. They'll even "ship" it but it'll just say label created and then you can't change or cancel your order because it's "shipped" even though they really haven't done anything with it.

That said a buddy of mine saw one of these at a match recently. Not sure how the dude got it, maybe sponsorship. He said it was fine, not good enough to move from his SRO which isn't really a surprise. 

lolz...
I had heard about stories like that but forgot the details. thanks for the reminder. guess I'll just save $$$ til then. I just called the LGS and he said that their dist is listing it but its not in stock so...

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, mrvip27 said:

Early reviews from Stoeger and Lockwood say the dot has the SRO double dot issue...

Most dots do… its just a matter of the sun being at the right angle…

2 minutes ago, Dirty_J said:

Most dots do… its just a matter of the sun being at the right angle…

I guess they will tell us the severity if it as bad as an SRO.

I hardly ever ever get adouble dot on my FTP alpha.

My SRO was another story.

Edited by mrvip27

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, AcePrater said:

le sigh. still waiting...
Anyone seen these out yet? link:
https://www.kenziesoptics.com/product/holosun-507comp-green-dot-1/

I'm on probably 10 waitlists at this point. Think I've got every major supplier, and some off-the-beaten-path suppliers covered. I really want to grab one when they hit the market - hoping it will be a great SRO alternative. 

I picked up red one this afternoon. It hadn't even made it out to the display case yet at the gun store, having just been delivered moments before.  (I'll have it mounted and such this weekend.)

Honestly, I'm not sure what to expect as this is my first optic of any sort ever. (I just started my competitive shooting adventure earlier this year.) 

Best of luck to everyone!

Edited by jlewis39
(edit)

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2023 at 10:14 PM, OPENB said:

I think the it’s a big whiff on the reticles. 2moa dot is way too small for the majority of USPSA shooting, and the circles are useless to me. The video they are talking about 50 and 100 yards. Not in this game. And 2moa is the size of dot Aimpoint puts in the T2, a rifle optic. I’d like a 5moa dot in green, please!

A Big Plus 1. 2 MOA is fine for a long gun but useless for an action pistol. A 5 and 8 moa dot would be much more effective. As for the circle reticles, maybe on High Power Rifle, but useless on a pistol. I'll stick with my Trijicons.

On 1/18/2023 at 10:14 PM, OPENB said:

I think the it’s a big whiff on the reticles. 2moa dot is way too small for the majority of USPSA shooting, and the circles are useless to me. The video they are talking about 50 and 100 yards. Not in this game. And 2moa is the size of dot Aimpoint puts in the T2, a rifle optic. I’d like a 5moa dot in green, please!

Took my 507Comp out for zeroing and a bit of shooting today. First match with it tomorrow. 

I really dig the dot + 20 moa circle.

Enough separation to use the dot solo for precision shots… the larger circle allows for faster, less precise shooting on low risk targets. 

I think a few of the options are not needed at all… but I think the reticle options are far from a big whiff. 

Edited by Dirty_J

7 minutes ago, Dirty_J said:

I think a few of the options are not needed at all… but I think the reticle options are far from a big whiff. 

Having more options is great as long as you can pick and choose which ones you want.  

I do not like the size of the bezel on that optic.  Not sure if the reticle options would be enough to sway me to try the optic or not.  Although it does intrigue me to have options for a reticle.