Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited Optics

Rich406

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

Green light as provisional or an established division?  

Good question, I guess we'll see when it comes down to it. I am a bit sick of scavenging .40 brass, and I can't imagine them backtracking so heavily that a LO gun won't be viable in any division after the provisional period has ended. 

15 minutes ago, konkapot said:

Absolutely agreed. Once it's "provisional" it is definately here to stay. 

I disagree.  I could see them researching some numbers and deciding that LO and CO are too similar to have both and simply allowing SA (and possibly magwells) in CO and being done with it.  I won’t mill a Limited gun for LO until it’s for real.  I have no interest in an Open minor gun.  

5 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

I disagree.  I could see them researching some numbers and deciding that LO and CO are too similar to have both and simply allowing SA (and possibly magwells) in CO and being done with it.  I won’t mill a Limited gun for LO until it’s for real.  I have no interest in an Open minor gun.  

This is kind of my point. Even if they do decide to go this route you'll still have a useable gun in this theoretical CO with the limited gun you milled

13 minutes ago, CC3D said:

This is kind of my point. Even if they do decide to go this route you'll still have a useable gun in this theoretical CO with the limited gun you milled

Maybe maybe not.  If it’s basically LO but still called CO, I agree with you.  On the other hand, they may simply allow SA in CO but keep the size restrictions, which would make some newly-milled LO guns useless.  I’ll wait until all this is ironed out before milling a $2000+ gun.  Like you, I have a big CZ that I would consider milling.  

Edited by deerslayer

15 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

Maybe maybe not.  If it’s basically LO but still called CO, I agree with you.  On the other hand, they may simply allow SA in CO but keep the size restrictions, which would make some newly-milled LO guns useless.  I’ll wait until all this is ironed out before milling a $2000+ gun.  Like you, I have a big CZ that I would consider milling.  

Do CO currently have any size restriction? I didn't think it did....well 59 oz I guess but I don't see that changing. 

20 minutes ago, Racinready300ex said:

Do CO currently have any size restriction? I didn't think it did....well 59 oz I guess but I don't see that changing. 

Current CO guns have to be on the Production list, which have to fit the box.  Obviously, allowing SA in CO wouldn’t require the guns to be on the Production list, but I don’t want to assume there wouldn’t be some size restrictions.  Size restrictions wouldn’t make any sense, but sometimes that’s irrelevant.  

1 hour ago, deerslayer said:

Absolutely acknowledge there is some risk involved in deciding to mill an expensive gun for the provisional division. But with that in mind- in order for there to be a provisional division in the first place, a good number of people are going to need to make that decision/ investment or no one will be participating... outside of those throwing a mag well on their current CO gun. Hope I'm making sense with that point. 

If LO is minor-only then I suspect a significant number of CO shooters will throw a mag-well and perhaps even a thumb-rest on their gun and move divisions. 

It will take a few months for 2011 shooters to start showing up at L1 matches, I don't know how many 2011 Limited~Minor guns are out there at the moment, I suspect it's very few. So they will need to invest some significant dollars to get a custom 2011 set up for LO.

Now if they keep LO as Major/Minor then I don't see many people in CO switching to LO. 

Another reason why they should make LO as Major/Minor, if its just Minor then its too similar to CO.