Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Division Proposal

Balakay

I would propose SAO, frame mounted optics, magwells allowed, compensators allowed and ported barrels optional

I would explicitly ban DA/SA because having to invest in a dremel may discourage participation.  Excessive amounts of polishing compound may lead to premature metal fatigue

If flashlights and lasers will bring new shooters into the sport, I fully support them too.  Same thing with AIWB

It would also be mandatory, if you want to shoot this to division, to continuously post on this forum regarding the relative merits of the division as well as a weekly email to your section coordinator, area director and YML

Edited by Balakay

51 minutes ago, Balakay said:

I would propose SAO, frame mounted optics, magwells allowed, compensators allowed and ported barrels optional

I would explicitly ban DA/SA because having to advanced in a dremel may discourage participation.  Excessive amounts of polishing compound may lead to premature metal fatigue

If flashlights and lasers will bring new shooters into this port, I fully support them too.  Same thing with AIWB

It would also be mandatory, if you want to shoot this to division, to continuously post on this forum regarding the relative merits of the division as well as a weekly email to your section coordinator, area director and YML

with the Exception of the dremel and SAO, how is this different than open? 
I don’t see the point…

what am I missing?

3 hours ago, Balakay said:

I would explicitly ban DA/SA because having to advanced in a dremel may discourage participation.  Excessive amounts of polishing compound may lead to premature metal fatigue

If flashlights and lasers will bring new shooters into this port, I fully support them too.  Same thing with AIWB

Poor man's open part 2! Doesn't IDPA and Tactical games rules allow guns with these specs?

11 minutes ago, Kwontanamo said:

Poor man's open part 2! Doesn't IDPA and Tactical games rules allow guns with these specs?

I know nothing of those games..

I just think that that my ruleset works best in today's USPSA landscape. 

I would also consider banning the use of factory ammo and prohibiting anyone who is classified in PCC or revolver from participating.

2 minutes ago, Zachjet said:

Question. In this new class can I hire someone to shoot in my place

Yes, with a caveat...

This change would necessitate dropping from major to minor scoring as well as a mandatory increase in power factor back to the original IPSC standard (you get double F*$#ked)

A nomenclature analogy:

Class:Division::Clip:Magazine

15 minutes ago, Racinready300ex said:

Damn, bringing the heat. 

I'm classified in both of those and support your campaign. 

I suspected that  this would be an issue with you.

After consulting with Steaksauce and Hotdog, we will allow such competitors to compete only if they achieve the "Trifecta of Unwantedness". This entails achieving an additional classification in Limited 10 (on top of revolver and PCC).  If you live in a ban state or shoot at Cameo, it must be done with 170mm mags, downloaded to 10 rounds.  A waiver will be found in the appendix of the rule set pending approval

12 minutes ago, Balakay said:

I suspected that  this would be an issue with you.

After consulting with Steaksauce and Hotdog, we will allow such competitors to compete only if they achieve the "Trifecta of Unwantedness". This entails achieving an additional classification in Limited 10 (on top of revolver and PCC).  If you live in a ban state or shoot at Cameo, it must be done with 170mm mags, downloaded to 10 rounds.  A waiver will be found in the appendix of the rule set pending approval

This seems like fair punishment for the offense. 

Just now, waktasz said:

Jokes are supposed to be funny.

I will count you as a non-participant

after reading the neverending echo chamber of single action optics threads, this is comparative comedy gold

3 minutes ago, waktasz said:

I don't think you are qualified to rate your own failed joke thread. 

probably no more qualified than the typical B/C geriatric shooters opining on the usual topics. You have been here long enough.  You know how the Internet works

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...