Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open/Production Uspsa Nationals - 2006

Yes, side matches can be set up and staffed during the match and shooters can participate as often as their desire, free time, and money permits. The shoot-offs can only be set up after the match, and as mentioned earlier, usually always extend the stay another day for those that can participate and those who want to attend.

Edited by cpty1

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The shoot-offs were for a bit more than bragging rights. If I remember there was a check that went along with winning the shoot offs. Not a huge amount but it was not bad either.

As a side note we won't be holding shoot offs at the 2006 Area 1 match but we will be doing at least one side match.

Am I the only one that shot the shoot off at the 2002 Area 6 match that took place after the match and before the awards. I know I didn't dream this, so someone tell me what that was. It was a man on man or woman shoot off. GM to D, Open, Limited or Limited 10, class on class. They may have shot high Open against high Limited at the end, that part I'm not sure of.

Did anyone see the shoot off at the Fl Open last year? This was kind of the same thing, using a handicap system for GM against B etc.

As I recall both shoot off's only took about an hour or so. There were only about 20 or so shooters to shoot them. The Area 6 was 9 US poppers, reload then 1 PP. The first PP on the ground won. This sounds like a shoot off to me. You didn't have tobe at the top of anything, you just had to pay $20 to shoot it. As I said I've never been to the Nationals before, so I don't know what they have done in the past. So maybe this was a SIDE MATCH SHOOT OFF, if so, it was fun and I would like to shoot it again.

Ronnie

Yes I was at the Florida Open last year. Yes I shot that shoot off. No it is not a Nationals style shoot off. If you want your, (Florida Open) style, it's going to be something new. I think everyone knows the type you're talking about but it has not been done at Nationals. And the shoot off at the Florida Open took a lot longer than an hour. I think it was a couple. And there really weren't that many people that signed up.

I heard that Glenn Martin the OK section Corrdinator was going to be Match Director.

They are looking for RO's also ( We are also looking for more RO's for the Double Tap Championship in March, have a good package if intrested)

OMG, if Glenn is the match director.....I hope you guys are ready for a sick match. Glenn brought me into competition shooting, I was a "native" at ITPSC in Duke (his range). He will tax your shooting skills tremendously.

This is gonna be fun...

I heard that Glenn Martin the OK section Corrdinator was going to be Match Director.

They are looking for RO's also ( We are also looking for more RO's for the Double Tap Championship in March, have a good package if intrested)

OMG, if Glenn is the match director.....I hope you guys are ready for a sick match. Glenn brought me into competition shooting, I was a "native" at ITPSC in Duke (his range). He will tax your shooting skills tremendously.

This is gonna be fun...

stage designs are being accepted for nationals and should get sorted out at the staff meeting next month, from what i'm told.

glenn's 'considering' submitting a couple stages for tulsa. <grin>

nice to hear ya out there, eric! we thought you dropped off the earth, bro.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the completion of the USSA range is on schedule for the 2006 Nationals? Website says completion in summer 2006.

I just tried calling their contact phone number but no one answered.

barry B)

I spoke to Tom last week. He said that they were on track to open in June 2006 and was hoping to have a couple big matches under his belt before the Nationals.

Oh! :o I guess that explains why when I google earth the area, there's nothing there!

I spoke to Tom last week. He said that they were on track to open in June 2006 and was hoping to have a couple big matches under his belt before the Nationals.

That's great! I was wondering about the wisdom of scheduling a serioulsy major match on a range that is not going to open until summer. Still sounds a bit risky though. In any case, it should produce some great Forum fodder. <_<

My guess would be because USPSA wants a World Shoot capable range. Holding the event there gets them at least two nationals shots 2006 and 2007, before having to state their case before the general assembly. USSA is our best shot at holding a World Shoot in the US. I think it's worth the risk. And after talking to Tom, I can pretty much guarantee that if he says it'll be done...it'll be done.

I am a relative nube C class production shooter, I am always interested in learning and I am sure that a major match like this is a great place for that. I am wondering if a guy like me, a regular club level shooter can go to this match, shoot, have a good time, and learn. Or is this more of a big guy, pro shooter type match where I would be better off watching than shooting? Also, how do I got about getting registered/waitlisted?

I am a relative nube C class production shooter, I am always interested in learning and I am sure that a major match like this is a great place for that. I am wondering if a guy like me, a regular club level shooter can go to this match, shoot, have a good time, and learn. Or is this more of a big guy, pro shooter type match where I would be better off watching than shooting? Also, how do I got about getting registered/waitlisted?

Bufit,

It's absolutely a match you could attend. There will be lots of C class shooters at the Nats. I believe the wait list for left over slots will open up on May 1, 2006. You can contact Kimberly with USPSA and she can give you the run down on that process. Good luck.

Edited by Bryan W

Bufit,

If you have the opportunity to shoot at the Nationals, go for it!

It's up to you if you "have a good time and learn", I always do ;)

It doesn't matter if you are a "nube C class..." as BryanW said there are lots of C class shooters. There are also D class shooters and unclassified shooters. There are guys I shoot with who tell me they won't go to a major match because, "I didn't do well at my last match" or "I want to get better before I go to a major match"...

Shooting is way more fun than watching :D

barry B)

I'm with Bryan on this one. If you can float the match fee, by all means go! The sooner you start shooting big matches, the better. You'll be hard pressed to find a higher quality match than a Nationals (some Area matches are quite strong, as well), and you do get your money's worth out of the shooting, so... :)

What is planned for the range surface? New construction will likely turn to dust, or mud. <_<

It certainly won't be the first time they've done this! I'm pretty sure the first time the nationals was held in Virginia some years back, most of those pits were brand new for that match.