New Springfield double-stack ?

IowaNewbie

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I have both duramags and Atlas in 17 and 21. I use the dura mags when I want the slide to lock back and the atlas all other tmes.  So far 7 or 8 thousand rounds and no issues... 

Glad to hear that the Duramags are working well for everyone. I think for years that good money should not have to be spent on mags and then the shooter has to tune on them. We, as shooters should not have to tune anything that the manufactures sell as working products. JMO on this. I will be checking out the Duramags.

Thanks to all for the info.

On 1/15/2024 at 12:06 PM, troupe said:

Glad to hear that the Duramags are working well for everyone. I think for years that good money should not have to be spent on mags and then the shooter has to tune on them. We, as shooters should not have to tune anything that the manufactures sell as working products. JMO on this. I will be checking out the Duramags.

Thanks to all for the info.

The Duramags seem to work just fine. 

However when used with a non-Prodigy you may need aftermarket base pads.

And if you want your capacity to get close to Atlas/MBX you'll need aftermarket springs/followers.

I went down this path and if I knew then what I know now I'd just wait for an Atlas sale.

19 hours ago, ddc said:

The Duramags seem to work just fine. 

However when used with a non-Prodigy you may need aftermarket base pads.

Has anyone tried the 20-round Duramag on an STI Gen1 grip with a Brazos Big Mouth II Magwell? Would the basepad clear the magwell?

Would love to order a couple for spare/barney mags.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, risingsun said:

Has anyone tried the 20-round Duramag on an STI Gen1 grip with a Brazos Big Mouth II Magwell? Would the basepad clear the magwell?

Would love to order a couple for spare/barney mags.

Thanks.

Not exactly what you're looking for but it doesn't clear on a MPA DS9 LO.

It will clear with TTI+4 base pads and also if you use the Prodigy 17 round base pads.