Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hiperfire triggers

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Out of curiosity, I bought a Hiperfire PDI Blk with the curved trigger.  For me, I was running the same if not occasionally better split times (w/shoe) than my ECL w/green springs.  Pull weight for the PDI is avg 2.0 in an Angstadt lower.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/22/2021 at 9:24 PM, eerw said:

Looking for a new trigger for my PCC.

what’s the differences between the hipertouch models and PDI trigger models? 

any recommendations?

thanks

Hiperfire competition and eclipse are the same but eclipse is nickel boron coated I have both 100% recommend as the best competition trigger and for the extra $20 get the eclipse if it’s available 

4 hours ago, Ner said:

Any 1 who have both an Eclipse and CMC ? Any comparison?

I have the ECL and a friend has the CMC that I've shot back to back.  I'd say they're similar with feel.  I don't like the bottom hook of the CMC.  I do like the strike force of the ECL.  I'd also say don't worry about the the minute differences such as trigger feel.  Get something that works and forget about it. I don't think my trigger is what made me a GM...  

12 hours ago, RWV100 said:

Hiperfire competition and eclipse are the same but eclipse is nickel boron coated I have both 100% recommend as the best competition trigger and for the extra $20 get the eclipse if it’s available 

So if i'm pinching pennies i'll be good with just the competition trigger set?

1 hour ago, StefVanHauwe said:

Hiperfire Eclipse is a drop-in trigger system that is super crisp, has a clear wall and a mega short reset! The adjustable shoe is also an advantage. I installed it on my Bul Armory BL9 PCC. Works like a charm.

Hi Steff

I prefer a curved trigger, that's why I choose the reflex. Tomorrow it will be installed. Let you know.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Bad_Karma said:

Is there any difference in the old version of the Eclipse and the new one being sold now? I know the way the springs are captured is different, I’m asking more about performance and feel. Thx

The new ones have the new and improved disconnector spring that gets mangled or broken in the old triggers. I have two of the older Eclipse and Hiperfire sent me two new disconnector springs to replace the old ones. 

I didn’t feel any significant difference other than having the peace of mind of knowing the disco spring won’t break during a match or two 😆.

10 minutes ago, George16 said:

The new ones have the new and improved disconnector spring that gets mangled or broken in the old triggers. I have two of the older Eclipse and Hiperfire sent me two new disconnector springs to replace the old ones. 

I didn’t feel any significant difference other than having the peace of mind of knowing the disco spring won’t break during a match or two 😆.

I also just got a new disco as my first ECL was the old style. I’d say that added zero felt difference with the new disco and spring rebuild kit in it.