Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Friday Flamer - 11-18-2005

kimel

Welcome to Friday everyone! It's time to light the humble little conflaguration we know and love as the Friday Flamer.

Remember to follow the forum rules and have a blast!

I hate prednisone. Thank God I am done with that course tomorrow. The high doses made me unable to remember even simple things for more than about 10 seconds. Monday was pure hell at work. I found I had to write myself notes to remember where I was going. Heading to a meeting outside of the building? Write a note. Heading to meet the wife for lunch? Write a note. I was afraid to drive, I was almost afraid to cross the street on my own. I did have enough foresight to leave the carry blaster at home due to muddled judgement but I hated having to do it. I hate what it did to my "normally sunny disposition". I am not known for being a freaking ogre that yells at his employees for no good reason...until this week anyway. I was about to have a t-shirt made "on medication, not repsonsible for own actions". I'll probably end up buying everyone lunch next week once I return to "normal".

What is worse is that the condition the prednisone was prescribed for was not affected in the least. So, 10 days of hell for no net gain. Now it is time for the surgical options and I am not what one would call thrilled about that either.

I Hate politics. Federal, state, local, office. I hate them all. What a total waste of the human mind.

I hate drug dealers. Remember the meth lab bust across the street last Spring? Same house, different tenants....another drug bust. Not manufacturing, just distribution from all appearances. This is a tiny town of about 1K people! If I win powerball I am buying that trailer slum across the street, renting a D8, shoving the slum into a pile and making a REAL Friday Flamer!

I hate that our company’s Insurance has cut our Short term Disability’s by 20% but you have the option now to put it back to 100% if you pay a little more money! I hate this time every year because we have to redo our insurance plans. And every year they just take a little more from us and make us pay a little more!

I hate that my 2m radio in my car bit the dust. I hate that I have not had the time to take my daughter to go practice or have worked with her to get her ham ticket. (Amateur licenses)

I hate that I am not going to fulfill any of my shooting goals this year. I guess you have to practice.

I hate that I took a class from Manny Bragg and wanted to quit shooting after that because I fell like an A-class beginner! I did find a lot of my little problems, but it’s kicking my ass trying to fix them!

I hate that I have got on a kick to load 10,000 rounds of 40 and 38 super. I hate that I have to find 40 brass, when 6 months ago our indoor range had 100,000 round and scraped it!

I hate that I have been paying child support via payroll deduction for 9 year, and now that my daughter is of age and I'm trying to get it stopped, they are saying I somehow owe about $1100. THEY SET IT UP AND IT COMES RIGHT OUT OF MY CHECK!!! HOW CAN I OWE MONEY???

I hate weather in general. It's 60 degrees so that means no gloves or coat but the wind is blowing 20-30MPH so my stationary targets are swingers. I can dry fire anytime but I need daylight to shoot & if it is day time time that means the wind is howling.

I hate when your wife picks up something for you, and gets picked up by your brother at the airport. Then your "brilliant" brother goes to fill up, and rather than wait for the pump on the "right" side to be open fills up on the "oposite" side. Then said brother strings the pump and handle across the truck, when he does so he starts it pumping and HE LETS GO OF THE HANDLE. Then the hose comes out of the truck spewing gas all over your wifes luggage.

I hate that management decided that Friday morning is a good time to update the software on a Production tool... right before a holiday week... software upgrades are never smooth...

I also hate that we converted a tool to a different process 2 weeks ago and they decide today is a good time to start converting it back...

I hate people that drive stupidly. I hate that I bumped such a person. I hate that she is planning to sue me because she thinks she has won the car crunch lottery. Injuries, pain and suffering my backside (pun intended). I endured the same impact, I have a fractured tail bone with continous lower back issues and I didn't even feel sore. I hate that I'm at fault. I hate that I get so angry with myself for making this kind of mistake.

Ahh, again... I still hate traveling so much, I hate that I thought I had all of the lose ends tied up at the new company we're setting up so I could stay home next week. Then of course the new company loses an semi important employee and my company won't even consider letting me see my wife more than two days a week.