Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

p320 21 round magazines

yekcoh

3 hours ago, OPENB said:

I have 8 21rd. mags with TTI bases, stock spring and follower, and get 23 reloadable. I use a LULA on the last round, but I can do it with my thumb if I want to. Don't want to do it all day though.

Which TTI base pad?

21 hours ago, cheby said:

I have a few 21rd magazines that have grams springs, followers, and TTI basepads.  I don't trust them to run 23+1 rds.  Sometimes they work,  sometimes they don't... perhaps they are still relatively new but so far they're not 109% reliable.  

hmmmm I'll try grams follower with stock spring..... I feel like that's  pushing reliability in another direction....................................

Can't believe running 24 round in CO could be this dreadful... 

Edited by yekcoh

Its terrible. 🤣🤣 although mine just sits on the bench. The girlfriend loves her 320 legion though. Probably close to 30k rounds now on it and so long as I keep it clean and the mags clean no issues. And to be honest it only get cleaned before a major. 

On 7/30/2021 at 8:19 PM, yekcoh said:

hmmmm I'll try grams follower with stock spring..... I feel like that's  pushing reliability in another direction....................................

Can't believe running 24 round in CO could be this dreadful... 

I originally set up my mags with Springer base pads. I could only get to 23 if I used Grams guts. I tried the TTI bases, and 23 was easier to load to, but I was curious if I could get there using the stock spring and follower, and sure enough, 23. I have 8 mags set up this way, and all work as they should. Good luck, but I didn't find it hard to get 23 at all. Borrow someone's LULA, load them to 23 and let them sit, they should loosen up. Like I said, I can do it by hand, but I wouldn't want to do it all day at a major.

Plus I hated that little set screw in the Springer pads. 

Edited by OPENB

On 8/2/2021 at 1:02 PM, yekcoh said:

Check again, it says +1. No where does it say +2.

What is LULA?

It says it in the page title bar when you look up the correct TTI base pad. You see it to the left of the BE page title in this screen shot. I didn’t make up that link, I just copied it in. Trust us, we’ve done the leg work for you, all you have to do is as we’ve suggested, get the TTI small base pad (they only make 2 sizes for the 320) add it to your 21rd. mag, load with a LULA, and you’ll get 23. Or not, whatever. 

2BA25DD1-A242-4A59-BEF5-BA9037A0B3C6.png

4 hours ago, OPENB said:

It says it in the page title bar when you look up the correct TTI base pad. You see it to the left of the BE page title in this screen shot. I didn’t make up that link, I just copied it in. Trust us, we’ve done the leg work for you, all you have to do is as we’ve suggested, get the TTI small base pad (they only make 2 sizes for the 320) add it to your 21rd. mag, load with a LULA, and you’ll get 23. Or not, whatever. 

2BA25DD1-A242-4A59-BEF5-BA9037A0B3C6.png

Dude man. I'm not trying to argue that it's not 2+. It LOOKS LIKE Taran had listed the pad as 2+ but realized that it can't be done 100% of the time so they retracted that description.

Read the product description.

As others are saying, 

4 hours ago, Boomstick303 said:

TTI with my 21 round magazines was a 50/50 proposition.  Half of them would reliably operate with 23 rounds, half of them would not operate reliably.  

TTI 23+1 only works sometimes with stock spring, not TTI extra power spring, and it is highly unreliable.

13 minutes ago, Boomstick303 said:

Not for me. Like I mentioned above 50/50 proposition. As I was using gram springs and followers. 

I’ve used this combo with dozens of different magazines, not a single issue. 

Edited by Rich406

17 hours ago, Rich406 said:

I’ve used this combo with dozens of different magazines, not a single issue. 

8 hours ago, echotango said:

On a 17+5/6 combo I could not get the grams springs to work at all.

I use grams followers and tti springs to get 23+1. 

I've settled at 22+1 for now.

I did not like how weak the spring felt after 23+1 with grams follower.

The reason is that the slide movement at trigger break was quite significant with weak magazine spring.

Most striker fired pistols require good spring force to keep the slide kept up.

17 minutes ago, yekcoh said:

I've settled at 22+1 for now.

I did not like how weak the spring felt after 23+1 with grams follower.

The reason is that the slide movement at trigger break was quite significant with weak magazine spring.

Most striker fired pistols require good spring force to keep the slide kept up.

I have practice mags that have 300+ cycles on them. No problems with reliability or accuracy. They’ll stop locking back the slide around 200ish cycles.  But for practice mags, it doesn’t bother me. 

If you don’t feel like shopping around BenStoegerProShop has a ready to go mag with extension already installed. 

https://benstoegerproshop.com/sig-sauer-p320-23-round-magazine-kit/

Sig Sauer P320 - 23 Round Magazine Kit

This magazine kit is perfect for USPSA Carry Optics shooters.

• Magazine can hold up to 23 Rounds
  • Henning +6 Basepad
  • Grams Spring and Follower
  • Factory Sig P320 Magazine Tube
  • Fits 140mm Magazine Gauge
  • Weighs 3.8 Ounces

• 2 years later...

Check where the mag is impacting the gauge.

In my case it was at the rear of the feed lips.

I removed a small amount of material from that area.

It wasn't much; just had to knock the point down a bit.

If the pads were plastic I would have considered grinding them down just a hair...but they're not.