Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

p320 21 round magazines

yekcoh

1 hour ago, davsco said:

are the factory 21rd sig's the go-to for uspsa carry optics?  with the factory basepads?

Yes but you have to grind a portion of the pad away to make them fit. It's pretty easy and I think the guy from "go fast, don;t suck" did a video on it.

1 hour ago, OhioLefty said:

I use 21 round factory Sig magazines with Taran Tactical Innovations (TTI) +2 baseplates with stock 21 round springs in USPSA.  They fit the gauge and have been 100% reliable.

^^^^This

3 hours ago, OhioLefty said:

I use 21 round factory Sig magazines with Taran Tactical Innovations (TTI) +2 baseplates with stock 21 round springs in USPSA.  They fit the gauge and have been 100% reliable.

I realized that +2 actually requires a special follower to allow 23 rounds.

Don't show OOS at CMMG.

https://cmmg.com/magazine-sig-sauer-p320-21-rd-blk

You guys are awesome. Thanks!! Just placed an order at CMMG 

Edited by yekcoh

10 minutes ago, yekcoh said:

I realized that +2 actually requires a special follower to allow 23 rounds.

You guys are awesome. Thanks!! Just placed an order at CMMG 

No need for special follower. My 21rd mags just needed TTI Base. Stock Spring and Follower. I can fit 23 rd no problem

1 hour ago, SeattleDude said:

No need for special follower. My 21rd mags just needed TTI Base. Stock Spring and Follower. I can fit 23 rd no problem

Hmmm. I have TTI basepad but can only fit 22 reliably. 23 is too tight to cycle. Taran seems to have updated the product description. It used to be called 2+ but now it just says 1+. 

Just now, yekcoh said:

Hmmm. I have TTI basepad but can only fit 22 reliably. 23 is too tight to cycle. Taran seems to have updated the product description. It used to be called 2+ but now it just says 1+. 

Hmm... I picked up 6 of TTI Pads last week from Shooters Connection. 22 Reloadable, 23+1 to start.

9 hours ago, SeattleDude said:

Hmm... I picked up 6 of TTI Pads last week from Shooters Connection. 22 Reloadable, 23+1 to start.

I gave myself the benefit of the doubt and just tried again. 22 no problem. 23 really really forced and not reliable. Thus 22+1

I also tried Gramms follower. 23 but last one is really forced in making the slide difficult to cycle... So I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here

Edited by yekcoh

Just now, yekcoh said:

I gave myself the benefit of the doubt and just tried again. 22 no problem. 23 really really forced and not reliable. Thus 22+1

Its possible that springs will break in a little bit after use

5 hours ago, yekcoh said:

I also tried Henning's follower. 23 but last one is really forced in making the slide difficult to cycle... So I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here

Try Grams spring and follower kits.  With the TTi basepad my magazines hold 23+1.  With most stages being 8 round neutral, that gets you through three arrays without a reload.  If the stage is longer than that, reload with a magazine holding 22 rounds so it will function.  If the reload contains 23 rounds, it may not seat all the way and drop out or there is enough pressure on the slide to stall the gun.  With that one reload, you have 46 rounds available which is more than the normal field course.

https://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/Grams-SpringFollower-Kit-Sig-Sauer-P320P250-P4544.aspx

It also helps to use a Uplula to load the mags, specifically loading the 23rd round.

https://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/Uplula-Universal-Pistol-Loader-P437.aspx

BC

3 hours ago, BillChunn said:

Try Grams spring and follower kits.  With the TTi basepad my magazines hold 23+1.  With most stages being 8 round neutral, that gets you through three arrays without a reload.  If the stage is longer than that, reload with a magazine holding 22 rounds so it will function.  If the reload contains 23 rounds, it may not seat all the way and drop out or there is enough pressure on the slide to stall the gun.  With that one reload, you have 46 rounds available which is more than the normal field course.

https://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/Grams-SpringFollower-Kit-Sig-Sauer-P320P250-P4544.aspx

It also helps to use a Uplula to load the mags, specifically loading the 23rd round.

https://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/Uplula-Universal-Pistol-Loader-P437.aspx

BC

Correction, I tried Grams follower and spring and I'm still getting 22 reliably. 23rd one is forced in. I normally use 22 rounds just fine but there is at least one stage at a majaor where 23+1 is a big advantage so I need at least one that works. Here is one example... 

Not sure why I have to explain why I need a 23+1... 🤦‍♂️

You aren't kidding.  I looked around for some new 21 round magazines and they are out at all of the places I usually buy from.

My mag setup is using the 21 round magazine body with the Taran +2 and the Grams spring and follower for a reloadable 23 round magazine.  I did have a few magazines that wouldn't quite fit the gauge with this combo so I had to take a tiny bit of material off the back of the feed lips but they are all good now.

1 hour ago, wurm said:

You aren't kidding.  I looked around for some new 21 round magazines and they are out at all of the places I usually buy from.

My mag setup is using the 21 round magazine body with the Taran +2 and the Grams spring and follower for a reloadable 23 round magazine.  I did have a few magazines that wouldn't quite fit the gauge with this combo so I had to take a tiny bit of material off the back of the feed lips but they are all good now.

Yeah I searched for them for two weeks and realized all outta stock but the kind folks on the forum guided me nonetheless.

I'm still having a hard time fitting 23 rounds... Springs are new but I still find that concerning especially since I'm shooting majors pretty soon...

I have a few 21rd magazines that have grams springs, followers, and TTI basepads.  I don't trust them to run 23+1 rds.  Sometimes they work,  sometimes they don't... perhaps they are still relatively new but so far they're not 109% reliable.  

I have 8 21rd. mags with TTI bases, stock spring and follower, and get 23 reloadable. I use a LULA on the last round, but I can do it with my thumb if I want to. Don't want to do it all day though.