Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA BOD Meeting 20th May 2021

BritinUSA

33 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

If you're the President of an organization be careful how you talk to your members in public at a national event.

Toxic. Just imagine how he talks to members in emails, phone calls, etc.

1 minute ago, cbrussell said:

For those few relics of us who do not use Facebook, could someone reprint the account?

Thanks.

This thread will be locked within the hour

14 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

Agree, but it should not be locked. This is our sport, our national championship and there was an incident involving our elected President.  This is a taboo subject on a forum dedicated to competitive shooting? Whatever....

48 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

That's the second time you've made that prediction in this thread.

If your crystal ball is so accurate, how come you weren't the winner of last night's lottery? 

:lol:

31 minutes ago, Balakay said:

Agree, but it should not be locked. This is our sport, our national championship and there was an incident involving our elected President.  This is a taboo subject on a forum dedicated to competitive shooting? Whatever....

Brian's no-politics rule remains in effect, as does his requirement for people to post civilly. We would appreciate everyone keeping them in mind. 

THAT would go a long way towards keeping this open.

Thanks all...

3 minutes ago, ima45dv8 said:

That's the second time you've made that prediction in this thread.

If your crystal ball is so accurate, how come you weren't the winner of last night's lottery? 

:lol:

Brian's no-politics rule remains in effect, as does his requirement for people to post civilly. We would appreciate everyone keeping them in mind. 

Thanks...

I didn’t play. 

and it looks like I’m wrong about it being locked up within the hour. But.... if track record of how these threads go is any indication......  

I mean, if someone even post saying what allegedly happened, that’s pretty much politics. So,...  🤷‍♂️

Edited by B_RAD

14 minutes ago, ima45dv8 said:

Thanks all...

Just for clarification, if someone new what happened, posted it civilly, and didn't get political with it, would that be OK?

As in, allegedly so and so did such and such, and left it at that?

I have no idea what happened, but would like to know for future reference.

Thanks

No first hand knowledge but from information gathered around the inter-web; There was an argument between President Foley and a USPSA member that included a suggestion from the former - to the latter - to go away and do something that is anatomically impossible to themself.

People behave badly. At the same event I personally watched a competitor use the F word at a RO and CRO and had quite the rage fit about a call they didn't agree with. The next day it was forgotten, as it is one competitor out of hundreds. But there is only one President, so hopefully this will be handled upfront and transparently.

8 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

. At the same event I personally watched a competitor use the F word at a RO and CRO and had quite the rage fit about a call they didn't agree with.

I think that would qualify for ‘un-sportsmanlike conduct’, some professional sporting events would throw a competitor out for that.