Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA BOD Meeting 20th May 2021

BritinUSA

2 minutes ago, BritinUSA said:

I think that would qualify for ‘un-sportsmanlike conduct’, {snip}

No doubt.

I was CRO at an area match and a competitor was bragging to his squadmates that he gets into a "f#@k-you match" with ROs at every nationals he attends. I should have let it pass.

1 minute ago, ima45dv8 said:

No doubt.

I was CRO at an area match and a competitor was bragging to his squadmates that he gets into a "f#@k-you match" with ROs at every nationals he attends. I should have let it pass.

Paul (BritinUSA) shared the version I've been hearing. 

30 minutes ago, RJH said:

Just for clarification, if someone new what happened, posted it civilly, and didn't get political with it, would that be OK?

As in, allegedly so and so did such and such, and left it at that?

Not trying to speak for the entire Mod team (we confer - a lot), but that sounds in-bounds to me.

Whatever happened, I'm glad it's being addressed, and I hope a good resolution will result.

I write this with full intentions to stay in the guidelines and as members have requested more information as they are unable to source it other places.

An USPSA member at LoCap Nats, who supposedly had been critical of the Prez in the past, had a conversation with the Prez, again witnessed by multiple people, where in reply the member was supposedly belittled as a competitor and individual and cursed at repeatedly and loudly.

If you want something more filled in or salacious you'll have to do your own legwork.

9 hours ago, Sarge said:

Toxic. Just imagine how he talks to members in emails, phone calls, etc.

Trevor’s write up of the incident is all over Instagram. If the investigation confirms his story, our organization has some absolutely disgusting leadership that needs to be removed by the board ASAP. 

The outside counsel the board brought specializes in Corporate law and specifically employment law. If they severance Foley out with any amount of money, and hopefully we will know, then the organization is corrupt. 

Edited by pealandco

22 minutes ago, pealandco said:

Trevor’s write up of the incident is all over Instagram. If the investigation confirms his story, our organization has some absolutely disgusting leadership that needs to be removed by the board ASAP. 

The outside counsel the board brought specializes in Corporate law and specifically employment law. If they severance Foley out with any amount of money, and hopefully we will know, then the organization is corrupt. 

And THIS is the last post of this sort that will remain visible or tolerated at all.

If you have some facts to share, please do so. But this will not become a platform for a public hanging and/or emotional outbursts.

pealandco, and any others who wish to follow in his footsteps are on notice.

Knock it off or risk a suspension.

-Admin

1 hour ago, Sestock said:

See attached for details

image0.jpg

This is but one side of the story, and it will be the end of this thread. 

If and when an official statement is made by Mike Foley and the organization, the link will be posted here.

I apologize for posting the incorrect link, it was sent to me by others as the most recent statement (I do not Facebook).

• 2 months later...

Minutes    of    the    USPSA    Board    of    Directors    Meeting August    11,    2021
Roll    Call:        Area    1,    Area    2,    Area    3,    Area    4,    Area    5,    Area    6,    Area    7,    Area    8,    President
Called    to    order    at    9:03    PM    Eastern
Motion    by    Area    1,    Second    by    Area    3,    for    waiver    of    notice.
Roll    Call    Vote:     A1-Y,    A2-Y,    A3-Y,    A4-Y,    A5-Y,    A6-Y,    A7-Y,    A8-Y,    President-Y
Motion    Carried
Area    1    made    the    following    statement:    under    WA    law    it    is    illegal    to    record    someone    without    
their    consent    and    Area    1    does    not    give    consent    to    record.        Area    6    claimed    the    same    for    the    
state    of    Florida.        Affirmed    understand    by    all verbally    and    individually.
Agenda-to    discuss    the    recently    authorized investigation    into    an    alleged    member    incident
Motion    by    Area    3,    Second    by    Area    1,    to    enter    executive    session.
Roll    Call    Vote:    A1-Y,    A2-Y,    A3-Y,    A4-Y,    A5-Y,    A6-Y,    A7-Y,    A8-Y,    President-Y
Entered    executive    session    9:18PM    Eastern
Motion    by    Area    3,    Second    by    Area    8,    to    exit    executive    session.
Roll    Call    Vote:    A1-Y,    A2-Y,    A3-Y,    A4-Y,    A5-Y,    A6-Y,    A7-Y,    A8-Y,    President-Y
Exited    executive    session    12:15AM    Eastern    (August    12,    2021)
Motion    by    Area    2,    Second    by    Area    4,    to    remove    the    President    from    office    per    bylaw    7.7.
Motion    by    Area    1    to    table    this    motion,    withdrawn.    
Motion    by    Area    1    to    amend    the    previous    motion    by    Area    2    for    removal    per    bylaw    7.7.        
to    add:        The    Board    will    take    up    the    matter    on    August    24,    2021.
Area    2    and    Area    4    accept    the    amendment.        Motion    reads:
Motion    by    Area    2,    Second    by    Area    4,    to    remove    the    President    from    office    per    bylaw    7.7.        The    
Board    will    take    up    the    matter    on    August    24,    2021.    
Per    bylaw    7.7,    Area    3    was    appointed    as    Chairman    by    unanimous    consensus.
Motion    by    Area    4,    Second    by    Area    8 to    adjourn.
Motion    carried.        
Meeting    adjourned    at    12:37AM    Eastern (August    12,    2021).