Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open gun upgrades

proshooterGT

email Matt Cheely at Cheely Custom Guns and ask about the DVC and his grips.  His metal e2 grip is the best around IMO, and should fit right on the DVC, as long as STI did its part.

As far as a faster trigger:  what do you mean?  Faster lock time?  Shorter take up an?  Faster reset?  

Sell your STI/Staccato and get anything else. It will crack a slide or compensator(probly both) and then you are in trouble cause they dont have any warranty.

Edited by Kema

14 hours ago, proshooterGT said:

Hi I will like to know what kind of upgrades I can do to my STI dvc open to make it faster than what it is .

If you manage to combine them it will be the fastest STI in your country.😉

7 Fastest Cars in the World: Supercars Top Speed (2021 Updated)

if it runs 100% there is nothing at all you can do to make it faster, other than practice with it. Max was crushing soles with a true bore, ITS NOT TH GUN that's holding you back.

you can do things to personalize t and make it more the way you want it but don't delude yourself into thinking this will make it faster. Steel grips are nice and I like how they feel but if I change from a plastic grip to a steel grip the guy that finishes just ahead of me at every match will still finish just ahead of me, the only way to catch him is practice.

20 hours ago, MikeBurgess said:

if it runs 100% there is nothing at all you can do to make it faster, other than practice with it. Max was crushing soles with a true bore, ITS NOT TH GUN that's holding you back.

you can do things to personalize t and make it more the way you want it but don't delude yourself into thinking this will make it faster. Steel grips are nice and I like how they feel but if I change from a plastic grip to a steel grip the guy that finishes just ahead of me at every match will still finish just ahead of me, the only way to catch him is practice.

++ This

On 3/8/2021 at 6:14 PM, proshooterGT said:

Hi I will like to know what kind of upgrades I can do to my STI dvc open to make it faster than what it is I first wanted a akai custom open gun butt in my country they only sell STI guns I want a faster trigger and a metal frame.

As mentioned, Cheely Custom Gunworks (link) makes some very nice metal grips.  Find a gunsmith that is competent with a 1911 / 2011 trigger and have them tune the trigger until the pull weight is to your liking. 

After that my suggestion would be to concentrate on getting ammunition and trigger time.  There is a saying:  It's the indian not the arrow.  Translation, it's the person's skill set that improves, not the gun.  And that takes practice.

It's true that if you "like" the gun with specific changes such as a 16 ounce trigger and a metal grip, then you will spend more time practicing with it.

BC

• 2 weeks later...

When I did my open gun  build I stayed with a plastic grip for a little bit. Wasnt bad except getting a consistent trigger pull and mags dropping free. I found with plastic grip I squeezed it to hard and would pinch the mag in the grip. But it shot nice. Now it has a LSI grip.