Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CCI Area 4 SCSA Championship - Texas July 23 thru 25

Hoops

I am curious about attendance.  Are any of you Enos SCSA shooters planning to shoot the match?  It just opened yesterday on Practiscore and so far no one has signed up.

It is 165 miles from me.  I have never shot a Level III match.  Turn 70 at this time so I am considering going.  I have never been to this range NE of Bryan/A&M.  They have 2 SCSA matches each month.  I may go there in April to check it out.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, Hoops said:

I am curious about attendance.  Are any of you Enos SCSA shooters planning to shoot the match?  It just opened yesterday on Practiscore and so far no one has signed up.

It is 165 miles from me.  I have never shot a Level III match.  Turn 70 at this time so I am considering going.  I have never been to this range NE of Bryan/A&M.  They have 2 SCSA matches each month.  I may go there in April to check it out.

A friend mentioned this match just a few days ago.  It was the first I had heard of it.  Nice to see Area 4 getting their own match.  Not sure if I will make it or not.  Texas in July is usually toasty and not sure how much ammo I will have left by July.  🙂  Don't worry about it being a Level III match, just think of it as more folks at your local club match.  

2 minutes ago, AR_James said:

A friend mentioned this match just a few days ago.  It was the first I had heard of it.  Nice to see Area 4 getting their own match.  Not sure if I will make it or not.  Texas in July is usually toasty and not sure how much ammo I will have left by July.  🙂  Don't worry about it being a Level III match, just think of it as more folks at your local club match.  

July in Texas can be toasty for sure (but I love it).  That's the way I think about it.....meet some new shooters.....enjoy the experience.  I'm an 86% Master class RFRO so no expectations at age 70.  Just to have fun and my gun runs. 😎

Ahoy Shooters!

The Brazosland Pistoleros are delighted to announce the 2021 CCI Area 4 Championship will  held in Navasota, TX July 23-25 2021. Registration opened March 1, 2021 and ends on July 10th, 2021. If you have any questions I'll be happy to answer them here but I've included a bunch of details below which will likely answer most questions folks have. YES, we will have ice water, shade and PediaLite popsicles on every stage all weekend 😈

Match Sign Up: https://practiscore.com/cci-area-4-steel-challenge-championship/register

The match fee will be $75 per entry. Payments will be made online only. You will receive a confirmation email with payment instructions after you register. The match fee will include lunch, match t-shirt as well as help us provide appropriate accommodations for our staff and R.O.s Match fees are non-refundable. Match Shirt: Shooters must be registered by July 2nd to receive a match shirt. Shirts will be high quality, breathable, lightweight material and will be included with the match.

Shooters will shoot a half day schedule with 2 flights per day. You are responsible for squadding your entries. You can shoot any gun during any session with a maximum of 2 guns in a squad / flight. Once a squad is full it's full. We have no ability to wait-list you for a full squad.

If you are wanting to volunteer to work the match, please contact us before registering! We are planning on compensating RO’s with both a hotel and food stipend.

RO Staff Application: https://tinyurl.com/yxkr2xmb

There is not a match hotel this year. Hotels may be booked in either Navasota or South College Station for a very reasonable rate due to the off season. Food options are better in College Station. RV's are welcome and parking is available on solid gravel spots but no hookups are available.

Weather Policy:

In the case of severe weather that causes the match to be canceled: all incurred match expenses will be covered from collected match fees. After match expenses are covered, all remaining monies will be distributed as partial refunds to all competitors equally. This policy will only be exercised in extreme circumstances; however, all decisions made by match management will be final.

Trophy Policy:
1. Divisions - Level III / Nationals
A minimum of 10 competitors per Division (mandatory)

2. Categories - Division status must be achieved before Categories are recognized. All level matches - A minimum of 5 competitors per Division Category (see approved list below)

3. Individual Categories: Categories approved for individual recognition are as follows:

Lady - Gender as listed on a government issued ID.
Junior - Competitors under the age of 18 on the first day of the match.
Senior - Competitors over the age of 55 on the first day of the match
Super Senior - Competitors over the age of 65 on the first day of the match. A competitor over the age of 65 on the first day of the match may enter Senior Category only if Super Senior is unavailable.
Military - Military personnel on current active duty orders.
Law - Full time law enforcement officers with arrest powers.

4. Individual Classes: Division status must be achieved before Classes are recognized. Level III/Nationals - A minimum of 10 competitors per Class (mandatory)

Prize table and Awards will be held at the range on Sunday after the match is complete. There will be 2 Prize Tables. The main prize table will be split by Division (e.g. PCCO, PCCI...) and will be walked in order of finish. The Youth Shooter Random Walk prize table will be for youth shooters only and will be walked in random order until all prizes have been claimed.

We are also delighted to work with industry partners to grow the sport, the match and give shooters an experience to remember! 

I have signed up for Saturday and Sunday match.  Should be a fun couple of days.  Glad I looked closer at location.....the range being used for this match is not their usual Brazosland range and just South of Bryan in Navasota TX.  CCC Shooting is supposed to be a nice facility.  It is still about the same driving distance for me.....2.5 hours.  The match is starting to fill in.  I hope it gets fully squadded.  It will be fun to watch some of the youngsters shoot.

We have shot @CCC for years. It is a great facility. We have shot their USPSA, night matches, & Steel Challenge matches. The team at Brazosland Pistoleros put on quality & professional matches. You will have a blast. Their usual range for SC is way too small. It will be hot, but most of the bays have shade & if not they will provide cover.

gerritm

3 hours ago, gerritm said:

We have shot @CCC for years. It is a great facility. We have shot their USPSA, night matches, & Steel Challenge matches. The team at Brazosland Pistoleros put on quality & professional matches. You will have a blast. Their usual range for SC is way too small. It will be hot, but most of the bays have shade & if not they will provide cover.

gerritm

Great.  Good to know.  I am looking forward to shooting there.  I turn 70 a few days before the match so my BD present 😀

You shooting the match?  We have 7 folks from our area that have signed up.  

hoops

I am making an assumption that Squads 1-8 will also match the classifier stage order of SC-101 thru SC-108?  Is this typical set up for full 8 stage matches?

Plenty of time left but I am seeing squads slowly get filled in.  

Thanks.  

5 hours ago, Hoops said:

I am making an assumption that Squads 1-8 will also match the classifier stage order of SC-101 thru SC-108?  Is this typical set up for full 8 stage matches?

Plenty of time left but I am seeing squads slowly get filled in.  

Thanks.  

I don't think that you can count on that. For instance at my range the size of the bays determine what stage will fit in it, and we have numbered bays and that numbering does not change. The MD can and usually does change the order to the ones that are actually in the bays. I would say that squad 1 will start in stage 1/bay 1 but I couldn't tell you what SC number it will be unless you are at my range.

Hey guys! I'll try to get the Mods (Help @shred, you're my only hope) to merge this topic under the thread with all the official details. Until then I'll answer questions as best I can. 

@Hoops we are setting up stages in an order that will allow good match flow and give people something to do if Smoke and Hope cycle times are shorter than Outer Limits. We have 2 demo bays and some very, very exciting vendor things planned. All the bays are quite sizable, 50 yards long and between 30 and 50 yards wide. Squad 1 will start on stage 1 though. Typically as a shooter I don't like doing mental math to start my matches either 🤣

@mreed911 you're approved buddy. Looking forward to seeing you at the match. 

ALL of the bays will have shade, coolers with ice water and PediaLite Popsicles. I'm contemplating those pickle juice pops but they taste awful in comparison and I doubt the kids will like them as much. 

I see the info about two flights, but not start times for AM and PM flights.

I squadded into a PM slot - what's the start time for those?

I might actually have time to shoot my local Steel Challenge match that morning before the Area 4 match in the afternoon.  :)

2 hours ago, Darqusoull13 said:

Hey guys! I'll try to get the Mods (Help @shred, you're my only hope) to merge this topic under the thread with all the official details. Until then I'll answer questions as best I can. 

@Hoops we are setting up stages in an order that will allow good match flow and give people something to do if Smoke and Hope cycle times are shorter than Outer Limits. We have 2 demo bays and some very, very exciting vendor things planned. All the bays are quite sizable, 50 yards long and between 30 and 50 yards wide. Squad 1 will start on stage 1 though. Typically as a shooter I don't like doing mental math to start my matches either 🤣

@mreed911 you're approved buddy. Looking forward to seeing you at the match. 

ALL of the bays will have shade, coolers with ice water and PediaLite Popsicles. I'm contemplating those pickle juice pops but they taste awful in comparison and I doubt the kids will like them as much. 

Thanks.  Good idea to make posts under your Official post.

4 hours ago, Darqusoull13 said:

Right now I think we are targeting 8 am and 1 pm for start times. We need to get a few lunch details settled out as well as side events but remember, it's July. While we will have ice water and refreshments you might pace yourself 😜

At least an hour and a half of AC and hydration between the local match and this one.  :)

Threads merged, maybe some continuity problems. ;)

Steel is way nicer to shoot in the heat.

FWIW, there was an Area 4 Steel Challenge in 2004 at the Clark's range, which may have been the only other.  Got the plaque on my wall :D

43 minutes ago, shred said:

Threads merged, maybe some continuity problems. ;)

Steel is way nicer to shoot in the heat.

FWIW, there was an Area 4 Steel Challenge in 2004 at the Clark's range, which may have been the only other.  Got the plaque on my wall :D

Thank you sir! Hope to see you out this year to add another win in another decade 😉

• 4 weeks later...