Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C&H Precision adapter for Glock MOS, thoughts?

Jetskidawg

17 hours ago, dgl503 said:

You're right, it doesn't make sense. I think it was an oversight in the design. They discontinued the plate. It was for the original X5 (non-legion) Romeo1 to RMR footprint. I wasn't the only one with the issue but like I said customer service made it right for me so I'm still a happy customer. 

That’s good that they made it right. I’m a bit concerned as I mounted a Trijicon RMR and you have to remove the optic to mount the battery 

On 5/3/2021 at 2:23 PM, dgl503 said:

I had a C&H adapter plate for my x5. No issues with a couple thousand rounds. However I recently removed the red dot and when I remounted, the lugs sheared off. I contacted customer service and they explained its meant to only be mounted once. They made it right though. Perhaps it was only the particular model I got? 

I also have the Forward Controls plate for a Glock and it seems very solid. Another brand to consider. 

Would you mind sharing the text from that full conversation?  I've had good experience with their plates but that seems a bit silly.

19 hours ago, Michael303 said:

Would you mind sharing the text from that full conversation?  I've had good experience with their plates but that seems a bit silly.

Sorry the discussion was done over the phone. Nothing to copy. I hope that it was just that model plate and not the others. 

Can anyone confirm if the Trijicon SRO will mount to the plate with the screws provided by C&H?

The Trijicon website says you need there “kit” to mount the SRO to the actual MOS plate. 

Thanks. 

C&H plate should come with everything you need to install the optic.  Mine had all the correct screws for both the plate and the optic, several torx keys, vibra-tite, etc.

• 1 month later...
On 5/5/2021 at 10:05 AM, Cuz said:

Can anyone confirm if the Trijicon SRO will mount to the plate with the screws provided by C&H?

The Trijicon website says you need there “kit” to mount the SRO to the actual MOS plate. 

Thanks. 

It does, I bought one last week and everything you need is included. 

I also got an FCD (forward controls design) which is a great plate. 

• 1 month later...

I just got the plate for my G48 MOS and Holosun 407k x2 GR. The screws are too

long and hit the ejector rod! 

Anyone else have this issue- PS just got it Saturday- and they where closed, so

ill call Monday and see what they say- also the screws are not black but silver!!

2 hours ago, Rolex said:

I just got the plate for my G48 MOS and Holosun 407k x2 GR. The screws are too

long and hit the ejector rod! 

Anyone else have this issue- PS just got it Saturday- and they where closed, so

ill call Monday and see what they say- also the screws are not black but silver!!

I run the same set up and no issues here.  Are you using the supplied screws that were in the CHPWS kit?

11 hours ago, chubs3a said:

I run the same set up and no issues here.  Are you using the supplied screws that were in the CHPWS kit?

YES- silver color, not really a flat head screw, some said they are for RMR setup and not Holosun

I had to ask them to send me extra screws for the Holosun.  They really don't seem to hold up to repeated removals, getting stripped out at the heads.  Has me concerned going forward.  Had a similar issue with the Vortex Venom to the point I needed to get out the screw removers.  I sweated that one out that I might not get the damn sight off of the slide.  Truth be told that issue never existed with the MOS setup.  YMMV

1 hour ago, vluc said:

I had to ask them to send me extra screws for the Holosun.  They really don't seem to hold up to repeated removals, getting stripped out at the heads.  Has me concerned going forward.  Had a similar issue with the Vortex Venom to the point I needed to get out the screw removers.  I sweated that one out that I might not get the damn sight off of the slide.  Truth be told that issue never existed with the MOS setup.  YMMV

why do you need to keep removing the sight???  I’m getting ready to use red loctite on mine to keep them from loosening up.  I wouldn’t plan to remove it unless it breaks. 

Cuz, just a quick suggestion, I wouldn’t use red loctite, I’ve had to switch sights and the blue loctite made it  difficult enough to remove the sight. Red might make it a nightmare! 

26 minutes ago, dapribek said:

Cuz, just a quick suggestion, I wouldn’t use red loctite, I’ve had to switch sights and the blue loctite made it  difficult enough to remove the sight. Red might make it a nightmare! 

I totally understand, but I don’t plan to switch sights unless they break. I think the MOS system is great for Glock, and marketing because they can make one product that works across many red dot platforms. But I’ve come to learn (a little too late) that it’s not the best thing for a competitor that knows what sight he wants to install. If I were to do it again, I’d get a regular slide and have it milled for the dot I wanted. 

8 hours ago, Cuz said:

why do you need to keep removing the sight???  I’m getting ready to use red loctite on mine to keep them from loosening up.  I wouldn’t plan to remove it unless it breaks. 

Upgrading holosun from 507 to 507 acss Vulcan. Point being screwheads should not strip so easily. 

Install on the plate calls for certain torque, and with the holosun design, the chps provided torque heads don't fit straight down. 

1 hour ago, vluc said:

Install on the plate calls for certain torque, and with the holosun design, the chps provided torque heads don't fit straight down. 

Yes, I noticed that too. I tried to find a 2” long torch but without any luck. I ended up switching to a Trijicon SRO, so it didn’t matter, but now that I think about it I have another one coming that will get a Holosun, so I need to start looking again. 

42 minutes ago, Cuz said:

Yes, I noticed that too. I tried to find a 2” long torch but without any luck. I ended up switching to a Trijicon SRO, so it didn’t matter, but now that I think about it I have another one coming that will get a Holosun, so I need to start looking again. 

As did I with no luck.  But my first stripping was on a Venom with the chp plate.  Not sure if there is another supplier of screws that would fit that plate's posts with a better quality screw.  The screws Holosun provides for the MOS plate never stripped on me despite going back and forth between MOS and chp.

13 hours ago, Cuz said:

NO RED_ 

5 hours ago, vluc said:

Upgrading holosun from 507 to 507 acss Vulcan. Point being screwheads should not strip so easily. 

AND- I have called and emailed them- NO response- the provided screws are to long- have a terrible head designed

compared to the factory flat head designed,  so how long and what thread for the Glock 48 MOS slide? with their plate?

My other slides are milled direct- but just had to try the G48 MOS- with some regrets now because of screw length.

• 1 month later...
On 5/2/2021 at 1:36 PM, Cuz said:

Thanks, yeah, I have a torque wrench.  10 ft/lbs right...  :)

I also reached out to them to see if they can mill my G41 for MOS plates.  I put an EGW plate on it that slides into the dove tail, but it's too high.  Not too many places seem to want to mill a G41, not sure why.  I figure I'll go with the MOS for variety since I already have a couple of spare Burris FF3 dots and the MOS plate for it.

Jagerwerks will, but there is a $20 up charge to install a SS plug in the slotted channel for proper screw engagement. 

13 minutes ago, Indy574 said:

Jagerwerks will, but there is a $20 up charge to install a SS plug in the slotted channel for proper screw engagement. 

I sure wish I'd known this before I sent my slide off to someone else to butcher it...

• 1 month later...