Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C&H Precision adapter for Glock MOS, thoughts?

Jetskidawg

I bought the C&H Defender polymer plate for the Holosun 508T V2. 

I was a little skeptical of the polymer plate but I love it. Rock solid. Sits closer to the slide. And it takes up all the extra room so there is no room for the RDS To live anywhere.

I’m tough on my guns. But Arron Cowan of Sage Dynamics is WAY harder. He beat the snot out of the polymer plate and gave it the thumbs up. 

3C5C0DD7-1592-4EB9-9A38-1ED012CE1C7A.jpeg

I have a PWS V4 Mil/LEO on a Gen5 G34 married up with a Holosun 507. Ive been using it for about a year; No problems. FWIW, the mount is both better and more secure than the factory MOS system (IMO). The screws from C&H grab more meat in the slide and it has a more precise fit. 

52 minutes ago, iflyskyhigh said:

I bought the C&H Defender polymer plate for the Holosun 508T V2. 

I was a little skeptical of the polymer plate but I love it. Rock solid. Sits closer to the slide. And it takes up all the extra room so there is no room for the RDS To live anywhere.

I’m tough on my guns. But Arron Cowan of Sage Dynamics is WAY harder. He beat the snot out of the polymer plate and gave it the thumbs up. 

3C5C0DD7-1592-4EB9-9A38-1ED012CE1C7A.jpeg

Good point, I should have looked up Aaron’s review.  He does “quality” torture tests!

Hello: I have one mounted on my G17 Gen 5 with a Holosun 507C Gen 1. I removed the Holosun but left the mount on to try some iron sights on the pistol. Removed the iron sights and reinstalled the Holosun and did not have to change zero at all. That is how secure it holds the Holosun in the mount. Mine is the V4 MIL/LEO model with the "T" nuts. It is aluminum plate but uses the "T" nuts as the hold down threads as well as the locator pins for the red dot. Now they just have to make one for the RDS2/Sig Max. Thanks, Eric

On 2/26/2021 at 11:32 PM, Jetskidawg said:

This is great feedback, thank you.  I’ve heard of too many MRDS launching off the factory MOS plate and want to avoid it.  Sounds like C&H has it figured out.

A lot of these launches are due to incorrect installation by the end user.  The plates are thin.  If the screws used to attach the RDS to the plate are even a smidge too long and bear against the slide itself, that is a recipe for disaster.  One must test-fit the RDS to the plate and ensure that there is no protrusion of the screw, but I feel that is true whether it's an OEM plate or aftermarket.  (This is no aspersion of the C&H product.  It is a fine piece.)

Hello, the screws I have had to remove from the plates where the red dot flew off have signs of being over tightened. The screw was stressed at the base of the thread by over torqueing the bolt. I have not seen this on a C&H plate yet. It is kinda funny to see the red dots fly off of the pistols but after seeing 3 do it, it is kinda scary. Thanks, Eric

Installation is key.  1. Do a dry run and check part fitment, screw length, etc.  2.  Clean everything thoroughly before assembly, particularly male screw threads and female slide, plate and t-nut threads.  3.  Use the correct locking compound for your parts (most recommend Vibra-Tite VC-3).  4.  Use a torque wrench or torque limiter and don't over torque the screws.  5.  Put a dot from a paint pen (sold at crafter stores) or spot of nail polish on the screw heads then check them every once in a while.  If they start to move, you should have plenty of time to notice before it gets to the point that your optic goes airborne.

• 3 weeks later...

I put a C&H on my Glock MOS 34 to run a DPP 6 MOA, quality was great, but one of two screws had a large burr on the end from being cut, and this created some install issues but nothing a file didn't fix :) Was solid. I was surprised at the recommended 10 in lb of torque but with vibratite it's holding. 

• 2 weeks later...

Friend of mine has been running a C&H Plate for at least a year of CO on a 34, and he shoots a lot - at least 4 live fire practices a month + 2-3 matches. (yeah he was smart and stocked up on a crap ton of components and ammo). He's had no problems with the plate, I think he checks it every couple of months. 

I have two of their plates - one for the 507c and 509t.  Both are working great and have great finish and tolerance.

I have also seen that if they have a new version out for the plate that you can send yours in and upgrade for a small fee.  Not too shabby!

• 4 weeks later...

After reading and re-reading a bunch of different threads on the C&H MOS plate I just ordered the "V4 MOS GLOCK MIL/LEO" plate for my Holosun 507C.  It looks like a solid product, can't wait to install it.

9 minutes ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello, I think you will really like the way it fits and how well it installs. Do not over torque the screws. Thanks Eric

Thanks, yeah, I have a torque wrench.  10 ft/lbs right...  :)

I also reached out to them to see if they can mill my G41 for MOS plates.  I put an EGW plate on it that slides into the dove tail, but it's too high.  Not too many places seem to want to mill a G41, not sure why.  I figure I'll go with the MOS for variety since I already have a couple of spare Burris FF3 dots and the MOS plate for it.

I had a C&H adapter plate for my x5. No issues with a couple thousand rounds. However I recently removed the red dot and when I remounted, the lugs sheared off. I contacted customer service and they explained its meant to only be mounted once. They made it right though. Perhaps it was only the particular model I got? 

I also have the Forward Controls plate for a Glock and it seems very solid. Another brand to consider. 

2 hours ago, dgl503 said:

I had a C&H adapter plate for my x5. No issues with a couple thousand rounds. However I recently removed the red dot and when I remounted, the lugs sheared off. I contacted customer service and they explained its meant to only be mounted once. They made it right though. Perhaps it was only the particular model I got? 

I also have the Forward Controls plate for a Glock and it seems very solid. Another brand to consider. 

Mounted only once?  With so many optics going to that footprint, buying a new plate each time you upgrade a brand makes no sense to me.

4 hours ago, vluc said:

Mounted only once?  With so many optics going to that footprint, buying a new plate each time you upgrade a brand makes no sense to me.

You're right, it doesn't make sense. I think it was an oversight in the design. They discontinued the plate. It was for the original X5 (non-legion) Romeo1 to RMR footprint. I wasn't the only one with the issue but like I said customer service made it right for me so I'm still a happy customer.