Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 legion limited gun idea

Bakerjd

Well I have this complete trigger group laying around and a legion grip module. Womdering if anyone knows what upper combo in 40 would fit them. Slide/barrel/guide rod setup. Looking to hopefully use the tungsten guide rod that Springer precision makes. 

My reasoning for this build is my girlfriend already shoots a P320 legion in carry optics and this would be a easy transition if she wants to shoot limited. 

One of the guys at DSC created his SIG in .40 by just buying the complete top end.  He goes from CO in 9mm minor to Limited 40 major in a couple of minutes. He swaps the top end units and then bolts the mag well back onto the grip.

BC

4 hours ago, Babayaga said:

Can the legion grip modules handle the 40?  I know when I got my grip it had the sticker that said it was for 9mm only. 

Mason Lane won Limited Nationals with a GGI P320 in 40S&W recently:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CG0ZJd_JBkz/?igshid=59v5qbmhdppy

He used the TXG grip and it worked well enough for him

4 hours ago, Rudukai13 said:

Mason Lane won Limited Nationals with a GGI P320 in 40S&W recently:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CG0ZJd_JBkz/?igshid=59v5qbmhdppy

He used the TXG grip and it worked well enough for him

He did train for about 500 rounds and then shot the match.

That doesn´t tell very much about long term reliability.  

I've been shooting Limited .40 with mine for a couple years now.  No issues with the tungsten grip at all, did break a Goguns take down lever.  Only issue I've found are the mags are particular about the bullet I run.  I thought at one time it was my COAL but came to learn it just doesn't like to run coated bullets in my mags.

21 minutes ago, Gen said:

I've been shooting Limited .40 with mine for a couple years now.  No issues with the tungsten grip at all, did break a Goguns take down lever.  Only issue I've found are the mags are particular about the bullet I run.  I thought at one time it was my COAL but came to learn it just doesn't like to run coated bullets in my mags.

Issue is prob something else.  The actual bullet does not touch the mag, therefore it does not matter what kind of bullet. 

4 hours ago, echotango said:

Issue is prob something else.  The actual bullet does not touch the mag, therefore it does not matter what kind of bullet. 

Well, then copper plated bullets magically fix the issue.  However the bullets stack up, the bullets do drag up the inside of the mag and seem to slow down the stack enough to not feed 100%

1 hour ago, Gen said:

Well, then copper plated bullets magically fix the issue.  However the bullets stack up, the bullets do drag up the inside of the mag and seem to slow down the stack enough to not feed 100%

Then your load is too long if they touch the front.  If they touch the side, then you have the wrong mags(not sure how but....).  The bullets should not touch the inside of the mag.  Or you just had a load that did not function with your coated bullets(crimp, length,, etc).  

Edited by echotango

I did this with my Legion and a 40 full size red box gun I got at CDNN a couple years ago. They were selling the CPO guns for $250 with 3 14rd. mags. I got some 18rd. mags, added the TTI base pads and get 20 reloadable. I can switch from CO to Ltd. in minutes. The only downside has been in sight selection. Dawson is really about it for sights suitable for competition, and they are not adjustable. 

2 hours ago, ddc said:

Is there enough meat in a 9mm X5 barrel to bore it out to .40?

I have no idea if it is feasible even if technically possible, just curious...

You would also have to move the extractor and possibly the ejector in the slide.

5 hours ago, Doge said:

I know GrayGuns is working on manufacturing the slides Mason used for Limited Nationals. Nice option! 

Wonder what the release date is ? Would be nice if they kept it 5 inch somehow. 

• 1 month later...
On 2/18/2021 at 1:46 PM, Doge said:

I know GrayGuns is working on manufacturing the slides Mason used for Limited Nationals. Nice option! 

This would be AWESOME. Not that I would gove up my custom 2011 limited gun but still. 

As for the lonely FCU. I ended up snagging an X5 upper, then bought a bare legion grip in large, expensive tungsten stuff, GG trigger stuff, and now have a second very nice CO gun. I swear one day I'll stick with the same gun long enough to wear out something in it. 

On 3/31/2021 at 5:01 AM, Bakerjd said:

This would be AWESOME. Not that I would gove up my custom 2011 limited gun but still. 

As for the lonely FCU. I ended up snagging an X5 upper, then bought a bare legion grip in large, expensive tungsten stuff, GG trigger stuff, and now have a second very nice CO gun. I swear one day I'll stick with the same gun long enough to wear out something in it. 

I emailed them and they confirmed it i signed up to their mailing list. I currently have a CZ TSO and i love it but my 320 just feels better in my hand and points more natural so i want to give it a go!

6 hours ago, Lowsc3 said:

I emailed them and they confirmed it i signed up to their mailing list. I currently have a CZ TSO and i love it but my 320 just feels better in my hand and points more natural so i want to give it a go!

Mmmm I'll have to keep an eye on this. 

• 2 weeks later...