Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wiland USA

Bigharge

Has anyone ordered and received anything from Wiland USA in the last month or so.  I placed an order for a barrel on November 30th and still have not received it.  After a few emails I was sent a tracking number last week but it’s just a pre shipment tracking, still shows it hasn’t shipped.

This is my first time dealing with this company and was just curious if this is the norm for them. 

We ordered quite a few other parts to build a gun from other companies that told me upfront they would be 3 weeks at least from shipping and those have all arrived, now we are just waiting on the barrel.

i understand things are taking longer than usual so I was curious if anyone else is in the same boat?

1 hour ago, KelsonAK said:

Todd wound up with Covid and that has put him a bit behind last I heard.  He's a good dude - email him and I'm sure he'll get you a status update.

That's a shame...  I hope he is recovering...  Feeling better.

I ordered one of his chassis systems and a barrel a couple of weeks ago...  Was going to call him...  Guess I'll let him work in peace and catch up.

My understanding is that even prior to Todd being infected with The Vid, hoped-for dates and ship dates were um... 'different'.

I ordered my kit mid Dec also.

I had the pleasure of shooting Jeff Johnston's Wiland RFPI on the 27th. Wow. I'm stoked!

20 minutes ago, BentAero said:

My understanding is that even prior to Todd being infected with The Vid, hoped-for dates and ship dates were um... 'different'.

I ordered my kit mid Dec also.

I had the pleasure of shooting Jeff Johnston's Wiland RFPI on the 27th. Wow. I'm stoked!

I would have to agree with you about this, it was/is my experience with them.

Yeah, I finally got an emailed response yesterday that just said they would be getting it out very shortly.  Just checked again and its still shows to be in the pre shipped status.  I understand people getting behind or some products taking longer if they arent ready to ship, but I also believe that is something you should be upfront with the customer about, like when I ordered the Kidd receiver they told me at the time of ordering that it would be at least 3 weeks, which I was fine with.  If they would have told me in November that the barrel was 6 weeks out there is a possibility I would have looked at a different barrel but probably would have still purchased it anyways but would have had realistic expectations of when I would receive it.

Anyways, sounds like they are back in the shop and over the Covid so that is a blessing for sure, Ill quit venting about stuff that doesnt really matter in the long run!

I know that Todd sent his help home ( with pay by the way ) set up for them to be tested and he worked the shop by him self to try and get as much done as possible.... trying challenges for sure  .... said he is much better BTW 

I ordered the Wiland LLW3 upper for my PCC minus the spring and buffer on Oct 29 it was delivered on Nov 13 (not bad). When I got the upper I inspected it I noticed that there was wear around the ejection port. I asked Todd about this and he said the upper was off his rifle with about 200 rounds through it. Todd mentioned that he wanted to get an upper out to me since I had a match coming up and he was having issues getting his product from the suppliers due to COVID. I had previously asked about the delivery time as I assumed when I ordered the upper it was in stock, but that wasn't the case. Todd said the PCC upper was a new style and that if I wanted a new upper when they come in we could swap them out. I told him, I did pay for a new one but if this upper works out I'll just hold onto it after testing it out. 

In the end, Todd refunded some money for the used upper as I decided to keep it on top of the military discount he provided. I provided a report back to him on how well I like the upper and look forward to getting more stick time with it.

I will order from Wiland again as I like the upper minus a hiccup with Techwell charging handle not working with his bolt. No biggie, the PCC is for steel challenge. I appreciated his honesty about the upper and the willingness to refund some money for the upper not being new.

Communication was OK...could be better. Calling Todd I couldn't get through to him a few times but he did return a call. The email seemed to be the better bet of reaching him.

6 hours ago, Bigharge said:

Yeah, still got the same pre shipment update when I check my tracking.  That was on the 28th of December, I’ve had multiple email replies since then and they all just say it will be shipped shortly, lol

It's been three weeks for my order...  Still says "Awaiting Fulfillment" not pre shipment...  Mybe I'm further down in the queue.

Hope you get yours soon!

Yeah the 28th was when I got the pre shipment notification, order was placed November 30th.  I did get an email today saying it should go out tomorrow so hopefully he is starting to catch back up.  Anxious to put this rifle together and for my 12 year old to quit asking me if it’s here yet!

• 1 month later...

I ordered a Wiland Modular Chassis System and a Stainless 10/22 LLW barrel...  My order sat with the 'Pre Shipment' tag for a month...  I called a few times and sent an email...  Never heard back.

At about the one month mark, I received the barrel...  First 10/22 barrel I've installed so I took my time installing it...  Another week after I received the barrel, my chassis arrived...  Beautiful workmanship...  Absolutely worth the wait.

I had a complete action, so I completed the build in about an hour and drove out to the rang and shot it...  Couldn't be happier...  I don't remember the wait as much now...  Hope you guys get yours soon.

• 1 month later...

I just order a chassis and cheek riser and was told that there would be around a 2.5 to 3 week wait.  Sounds good to me.  Anxious to try it out.  If things work out I will probably order another one for the back up rifle.  

I talked to Todd the other day - seems like a good guy.  I am hoping (optimistic!) for 3 weeks, but not going to worry if things are running longer.  Hoping for the best.  The chassis really looks like it is worth the wait.  If it turns out the way I think it is going to I will be putting in an order for a second chassis for my back up rifle.

My order for 10/22 chassis was placed a month ago, haven’t heard anything. They were quick to process the PayPal payment though.

Since it’s going to take awhile I ordered and received a Taccom chassis, it’s nice.

Thirty three years of owning a small manufacturing company makes it easy for me not hassle him. It will get here when it get’s here.

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to check up on my order of 1-March. Their voicemail box is not setup and they do not respond to emails. I have received no correspondence whatsoever, only paypal has an order number. What prompted ne contacting them is the chassis I ordered is listed "in-stock".

Hell, I had COVID too in December but managed to respond to my customers.  

6 hours ago, JJM7288 said:

I decided to check up on my order of 1-March. Their voicemail box is not setup and they do not respond to emails. I have received no correspondence whatsoever, only paypal has an order number. What prompted ne contacting them is the chassis I ordered is listed "in-stock".

Hell, I had COVID too in December but managed to respond to my customers. 

Go to the Wiland web site and click on 'Contact Us' and you will find an email form...  Fill it out and send it.

It always worked for me.