Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sailer leaving Infinity?

IPSCLUVERRR

On 12/28/2020 at 3:45 PM, motosapiens said:

Not that I really care, but if I were speculating, I'd speculate that maybe he wanted to shoot some other division or do some other thing that didn't fit into their plans.... Or maybe he wants to cut down his match schedule to focus on school..... wutever. He is a terrific young man, and will go far in life. And as far as I can tell infinity is a reputable and successful company that will continue to be successful. Everyone should be happy.

Sounds like they fired him

On 12/29/2020 at 10:58 AM, CHA-LEE said:

I think that the marketing engine in the gun industry is well past the "Win on Sunday, Sell on Monday" strategy. The gun industry marketing effort has trended towards Brand Ambassadors which have a higher engagement with a direct audience via various mediums. 

Winning matches with specific products is nice, but that isn't the primary marketing goal for most companies. The primary marketing goal is to promote brand awareness in a manner that translates into sales. If anyone looking to get sponsored doesn't realize that their "Sponsorship" MUST translate to an increase in product sales they are delusional. This is no different than seeking employment. If you can't produce profitable value, well beyond your compensation, to a company then there is no reason to employ you. 

We will likely never know the details of why Infinity and Christian decided to part ways. Honestly, it doesn't matter as it is really none of our business. I am sure that Infinity will continue as a successful custom gun business and that Christian will continue to perform well in the Practical Shooting Sports. I wish them both the best moving forward!!! 

I agree.  In the ski industry they moved from instructors getting the best pro-form prices to ski shop employees.  The ski shops were where most of recommendations for equipment came for buying equipment. Brand ambassadors are IT.  “How many followers” or who goes to the shops and shows are key. 

5 minutes ago, pjb45 said:

I agree.  In the ski industry they moved from instructors getting the best pro-form prices to ski shop employees.  The ski shops were where most of recommendations for equipment came for buying equipment. Brand ambassadors are IT.  “How many followers” or who goes to the shops and shows are key. 

do you think people are ditching their guns and buying what sailer or any other shooter is currently shooting?

1 hour ago, DirkD said:

do you think people are ditching their guns and buying what sailer or any other shooter is currently shooting?

Of course he doesn't know the answer to that.  Neither do you, me, or anyone else on here.

Who cares why he left?  This drama is ridiculous and should be beyond grown men.

22 minutes ago, SGT_Schultz said:

Of course he doesn't know the answer to that.  Neither do you, me, or anyone else on here.

Who cares why he left?  This drama is ridiculous and should be beyond grown men.

he seems to think who a guy like sailer shoots for is going to relate to sales, I don't see it that way, a sponsored shooter will shoot for whoever pays them or gives them equipment.

what drama is there ?

11 minutes ago, DirkD said:

he seems to think who a guy like sailer shoots for is going to relate to sales, I don't see it that way, a sponsored shooter will shoot for whoever pays them or gives them equipment.

What's your take on how a sports sponsorship deal works, for both sides of the deal? 

I don't really care what gun he shoots. He is a very nice young man with a bright future, if it is the shooting world or not. I wish him the best. I will say anyone would be lucky to have a shooter like him in the fold, what I've seen I would want him to rep my company, super nice and really good with young shooters.

It's all about social media now and driving sales. Metrics can be easily tracked to see if you're performing or not. Winning only gains followers but you still have to close the sale.

But it seems likely that he may want to focus more on school right now vs shooting but that's only speculation. As good as he is now, it would be hard to turn it into a lifelong career in shooting. More likely to get a degree and work in the industry.

19 hours ago, DirkD said:

People buy and sell guns for their own reasons.

I know I went to Infinity not because of their champions at that time, not even Doni influenced me.  🙂 

I knew Max years before I ever purchased a X5 and I did not buy it because of him.

I knew Angus years before I ever purchased a CZ.

I knew John Paul years before I ever purchased a JP.

I might not be the best judge of character :-).

• 2 weeks later...

I remember watching that Nike video some time ago.  Very sobering.  And not at all surprising considering Nike is pretty awful company in general.  As for CS/Infinity, could be any number of things.  But I'd guess it's probably about school and moving on to a real career.  Although maybe a handful of top shooters make a decent living doing it, they'll never come close to what you can make in a high-level professional occupation.

• 2 years later...

CS--you are still one of the nicest guys I have ever met.

Travis, Max and you are the most gracious people.

Yeah, I would probably include TGO and some guy from VA (is that where you live Todd?). Those guys started the "GMs are easy to talk with.." philosophy and the next generation has take up the mantle.