Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What to do if you can't reload

AngeloConde

Hello all I've been MIA from uspsa for a year now and was curious if I were to jump back in what ammo do you guys recommend if I dont reload to still be competitive. I live in a small apartment and don't really have room or the time to reload my own 9mm.

Thank you all in advance

Any hobby not requiring you to buy expensive factory ammo at the moment. See if you have a friend that reloads and buy ammo from him. Other than that, do stuff like mentioned above by @Rnlinebacker.

I dusted off my RC truggies and buggies so I can start racing them again since the RC track is only 45 minutes away from my house and they have club races (electric and nitro) every weekend.

18 minutes ago, George16 said:

Any hobby not requiring you to buy expensive factory ammo at the moment. See if you have a friend that reloads and buy ammo from him. Other than that, do stuff like mentioned above by @Rnlinebacker.

I dusted off my RC truggies and buggies so I can start racing them again since the RC track is only 45 minutes away from my house and they have club races (electric and nitro) every weekend.

So its that bad across the board jeeeeesus. I might just start fishing hardcore again for the time being 

I would stop by the retail sporting good stores, Acadamy, Dicks, Duhnams, whatever is near you. Buy a few boxes when you can, and stock up what you can. Guys that I know that do that, buy a few boxes when they can find it, ammo hard to find right now. And than just hope it is enough to get through next year.

Edited by ts199982

Look online at some of the smaller ammo manufacturers and get on their mailing list or FB page. They are all making ammo if you are willing to pay. Mostly 9mm. Need to buy as soon as it comes available as it sells out fast and they only make a limited supply.

Yes, even shotgun shells are getting scarce.

gerritm

10 hours ago, Miranda said:

oooooo.   rough

click

click

click

click

click

click

click

click

what are you doing, dear?

uh...

playing with myself?

Ahh yes taken out of context. Generally wifey will have or find something to occupy your limited free time. 

Edited by Farmer

Oooops! Too late for the shotgun sports too. Biggest issue for us is still primers. My old guy sporting clays, trap, etc shotgun clubber buddies (me too) used to go thru 200-250 rounds a week on a light week. Not no more! Even the cheapest "target" loads have doubled in price to $90+ a case of 10 boxes. I shoot mostly 28 gauge to save on components but still need primers for every shot. BUMMER!

😟

I don't deny It was fun. Gets to you when you drop 2-3 speed loaders a stage. Even ran a Limited Para 16-40 for a while and managed to drop 4 mags on 1 stage. Just got to be time to do something else so I retired and joined a shotgun club for old guys. I've found the people in shooting sports are some of the nicest you'll ever meet and the older we get the easier we are to get along with. Seems the ego and competitive nature of some people softens with age.   

Dry fire to stay reasonably sharp but also pursue other hobbies until you can buy ammo without concern. If you have a hard time buying 200 rounds of ammo a week then shooting a local match isn't worth the ammo expenditure in my opinion. Or even just 100 rounds in personal practice might be better for your long term development versus shooting a local match.

18 hours ago, AngeloConde said:

Bwahahahah was thinking that too might think about quilting 

That’s a great idea. You can even sell your products to different assisted living facilities that are everywhere in Florida 😝.

Then you can use your profits to buy expensive ammo.

46 minutes ago, Miranda said:

I saw a quilt sewing machine recently on facebook.

I have been mostly dryfiring as my training.

well happy practicing in the new year.

miranda

Thank you. Im still on the fence about getting back in lol whether to shoot CO or save and get an open gun either way I have to get a new one

15 hours ago, Miranda said:

oooooo.   rough

click

click

click

click

click

click

click

click

what are you doing, dear?

uh...

playing with myself?

21 hours ago, AHI said:

Try this.          What ammo can you get?          Are you willing to pay that much?

In sarasota atm barley anything lol