Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cost of LP primers

lgh

9 hours ago, lgh said:

Does anyone remember what LP primers were selling for circa 2012?  My brother wants to buy my supply but I don't know what I paid for them. Thanks.

In 2012 (prior to Sandy Hook) 25 to 30 bucks per each brick was a fair price.

I am a member of a gun club/range that has a dealer’s account with Graf’s of Mexico, Missouri.

So I was getting primers at near wholesale.

When I am back at my reloading shop, I will have to look through my primer stash.  On some of the boxes , I wrote the date that I bought them and their price.

• 8 months later...
On 11/7/2020 at 9:21 AM, lgh said:

Thanks for all the replies. I was guessing about 25-30.

I'm sure everyone remembers the primer shortage around 2008. I stocked up as soon as I could. I shoot 9mm now and don't need so many LP.

I remember the primer shortage of 94 or 95.Its been awhile😂

On 11/4/2020 at 1:08 PM, lgh said:

Does anyone remember what LP primers were selling for circa 2012?  My brother wants to buy my supply but I don't know what I paid for them. Thanks.

What you paid for them isn't what should set the price now.  The cost to replace them is what sets the price.

On 7/18/2021 at 7:39 PM, SGT_Schultz said:

What you paid for them isn't what should set the price now.  The cost to replace them is what sets the price.

They are for my brother. He pays what I paid.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2021 at 10:18 AM, lgh said:

They are for my brother. He pays what I paid.

Does he do the same for you? A lot of times that ends up being a one way deal.  Will he shoot them or flip them?

• 1 month later...

I got 9k CCI LPP @ $40 per K this week, talk about shocked when I saw the price in the ad? I couldn't get on my bike fast enough to ride the nearly 100 miles round trip.

That caused a serious imbalance in my primer stock with 2x as many LPP's so I'm switching over to .45 and 10mm until the imbalance is balanced.

3 hours ago, gnappi said:

I got 9k CCI LPP @ $40 per K this week, talk about shocked when I saw the price in the ad? I couldn't get on my bike fast enough to ride the nearly 100 miles round trip.

That caused a serious imbalance in my primer stock with 2x as many LPP's so I'm switching over to .45 and 10mm until the imbalance is balanced.

Where??? Still $60 locally, about $75 online, and $100+ with scalpers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...