Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am all for free market. Also, if whoever you're mad about for attempting to sell primers at the price of $125 a 1000 actually sells them, I have some primers I will sell LOL. I think one of the strict rules in the classifieds is no price policing, but I can't remember that for sure. Anyway put me down for free market economics is always the way to go

52 minutes ago, RJH said:

I am all for free market. Also, if whoever you're mad about for attempting to sell primers at the price of $125 a 1000 actually sells them, I have some primers I will sell LOL. I think one of the strict rules in the classifieds is no price policing, but I can't remember that for sure. Anyway put me down for free market economics is always the way to go

I would rather see people join just to sell something that several people here may want, than to see us look like gunbroker. 

54 minutes ago, RJH said:

I’m certainly not mad. Free market is not the same as gouging. It just strikes me as odd that we see the classifieds so strictly controlled except for blatant  thievery. 

1 minute ago, Sarge said:

I’m certainly not mad. Free market is not the same as gouging. It just strikes me as odd that we see the classifieds so strictly controlled except for blatant  thievery. 

Sorry, but gouging is free market. If the buyer gets to set the price , I will take all of your small pistol primers and I will pay you $30 a thousand shipped. The problem is some people may really need the primers and the only way to have them available AT ALL is for a couple of people to be price gougers, because the hoarders have the rest. So sometimes you just got to pay for what you want or just go without. That's precisely what the free market is, not some person gets to arbitrarily decide what is price gouging and what is fair. However if you like for an arbitrary person you get to set prices, I will p.m. you my address and you can get those primers shipped my way LOL

21 minutes ago, Sarge said:

It’s not thievery. It a reward for being the kind of person who saves up, and isn’t looking for a primer handout from the government. Oops. I mean the forum. 🤣

If you don’t like the price, don’t pay it. If you’re in desperate need and didn’t plan ahead? That costs more.

Plain old wonderful capitalism. :) 

Edited by MemphisMechanic

47 minutes ago, RJH said:

Sorry, but gouging is free market. If the buyer gets to set the price , I will take all of your small pistol primers and I will pay you $30 a thousand shipped. The problem is some people may really need the primers and the only way to have them available AT ALL is for a couple of people to be price gougers, because the hoarders have the rest. So sometimes you just got to pay for what you want or just go without. That's precisely what the free market is, not some person gets to arbitrarily decide what is price gouging and what is fair. However if you like for an arbitrary person you get to set prices, I will p.m. you my address and you can get those primers shipped my way LOL

Why are people criminally charged for Price gouging when selling, gas, ice, water, etc when There is a hurricane? 

8 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Why are people criminally charged for Price gouging when selling, gas, ice, water, etc when There is a hurricane? 

I guess because government control of the situation is BS. What ends up happening is people that really need gas ice water Etc can't find it because the hoarders have already snatched it up. If it cost a lot more people would only buy what they needed. This is been proven time and again, but yes the government "helps out" and screws people

9 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Any way you look at it you are an idiot if you pay that much for primers. 

Probably so, but didn't Barnum say,  "an idiot is born every minute" or something pretty close to that LOL

The problem is that what you may consider price gouging could be pocket change to someone else. The line between expensive and gouging is different for everyone.

While I wouldn’t pay $125 / 1000 for primers today, I would probably pay more than others if I needed and wanted them. And, who knows, $125 may seem like a good deal a year from now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, RangerTrace said:

Personally, I think it's low class.  But that's just my opinion.  This Forum is supposed to be more of a friendly/family sort of place.  

That was my initial point. We spend a lot of keystrokes talking about how much better of a place this is compared to other internet sites. But the truth is, with this type of selling practices, we are just like all the rest.

21 minutes ago, Sarge said:

That was my initial point. We spend a lot of keystrokes talking about how much better of a place this is compared to other internet sites. But the truth is, with this type of selling practices, we are just like all the rest.

One bad apple does not mean the entire crate is bad.

So I thought the rules called for the people using the classifieds being regular contributors?

Contributing to the Forum The Classified Forum was originally created to serve as an outlet to allow contributing members to buy, sell, or trade their equipment and supplies. This Forum, in general, was not intended to be free place to buy or sell firearms, shooting gear, or unrelated items. Meaning, if you're only here to sell your goods, you are not welcome. In addition to the minimum post-count criteria, you are not welcome to post in the Classifieds Forum until you are considered, .....
  •  

The poster in question hasn't contributed since 2016. 😉

6 hours ago, Sarge said:

Are we as a forum actually going to let somebody sell primers for $125 per thousand? 
As strict as the classified rules are I would think price gouging needs to be added to the no no list.

Me thinks you've never read a definition of price gouging: 😀

Price gouging is similar to profiteering but can be distinguished by being short-term and localized and by being restricted to essentials such as food, clothing, shelter, medicine and equipment needed to preserve life and property. 

also defined as:

Price gouging refers to when retailers and others take advantage of spikes in demand by charging exorbitant prices for necessities, often after a natural disaster or other state of emergency. 

Kind of challenging to make primers meet that definition.  

TL;DR: Seller believes his primers are very dear to him; buyers are free to agree and buy, or disagree and not buy...... 

4 hours ago, Sarge said:

Because those are products considered to be essential to human survival.  Food, water, clothing, shelter, medications, and other supplies needed to ensure human survival.  Interestingly only 36 states may have laws or statutes regulating this; these are generally civil offenses, not criminal offenses, but in some states criminal charges are possible.

Primers - unlikely to be covered....

6 hours ago, Sarge said:

Are we as a forum actually going to let somebody sell primers for $125 per thousand? 
As strict as the classified rules are I would think price gouging needs to be added to the no no list.

Hi Sarge,

I think I might agree with you... umm however... we may have to discuss some way to decide. 

One that does not include the price as the ONLY decision point.

is 339.50 too much? it is 10 times what I paid for a box of primers and stored for a few years...

If I sell them, I will be hunting for primers in the open market...

i dunno know about you but I can't find primers of any sort.

that simply makes the danged things priceless...

so perhaps price gouging/free marketing/black marketing/piracy is a problem.

I would think allowing bidding may be the correct path.

like a post stating " I need 2k of SPP for my competition meets next year. am willing to pay 105 per k "

might be better...

And sadly, I suspect 150 will be a common price for the next year.

I'd like rifle primers and I do not have any real need right now so I'll wait.

miranda