Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, RaylanGivens said:

I check every day...  haven't seen any 115gr JHP in months.

A friend said he clicks on a "let me know when these bullets are available" button...  Doesn't seem to exist...  😕

Call them on phone, I just got an order in about 3 weeks.

in principle i agree. it is a ridiculous price even at the current market panic etc. in practice, who is going to be the one person who decides what your stuff is worth when you try to sell? if you set the price for someone else's property today, it is only fair that others get to set the price for your property if you decide to sell..... "a fool and his money are soon parted", id laugh my butt off at who ever buys at that price, but i dont think it is up to me to set the price either.

I'm sorry - with all the restrictions that exist here on BE so that the place can be what it is, allowing these sorts of post in the classifieds makes no sense.

BTW - the poster in question hasn't been here in 4 years. Shows up just to sell scarce reloading supplies in classifieds and that's OK ?   

Edited by warpspeed

assuming you meant the insulin joke...

think of who the customers are,  a diabetic who planned well enough to have primers

and

didn't plan enough to have insulin...

the price of primers is a problem.  the price will go up again after the shortage is abated.

so expect that 60 to 70 is cheap for now...

miranda

OK. . .lots of folks have griped about what they see as 'subjective rules and enforcement' over the years, but that's mostly because they themselves got moderated for. . .something. Usually, if they had actually read the Forum Guidelines and the Complete Classifieds Rules beforehand they would see we have strived to put in place objective rules whenever possible. 

Now, we have people in this thread complaining and saying we shouldn't allow pricing they disagree with because 'it's too high'. Sorry, but we ain't opening that can o' worms.

The Moderating Team recognizes that we aren't in a position to effectively and fairly place restrictions on the prices members put on their for-sale items. We (logically, I think) take the stance that the market will validate or invalidate those prices without our involvement. Either they will sell at that price, or they won't.

Don't like the price? Move along and keep your money in your pocket, and your opinion to yourself. 

On 10/1/2020 at 1:10 PM, ima45dv8 said:

OK. . .lots of folks have griped about what they see as 'subjective rules and enforcement' over the years, but that's mostly because they themselves got moderated for. . .something. Usually, if they had actually read the Forum Guidelines and the Complete Classifieds Rules beforehand they would see we have strived to put in place objective rules whenever possible. 

Now, we have people in this thread complaining and saying we shouldn't allow pricing they disagree with because 'it's too high'. Sorry, but we ain't opening that can o' worms.

The Moderating Team recognizes that we aren't in a position to effectively and fairly place restrictions on the prices members put on their for-sale items. We (logically, I think) take the stance that the market will validate or invalidate those prices without our involvement. Either they will sell at that price, or they won't.

Don't like the price? Move along and keep your money in your pocket, and your opinion to yourself. 

Go and read Brian's post regarding the classified rules. I'll make it easy because I know how busy the mods are. 

Pay attention to the part where Brian says " Members using the Classifieds on an ongoing basis are expected to contribute to the core mission of Brian’s Forums – the discussion of shooting."  Bolding is Brian's, not mine.

I'll say it again. Poster in question here hasn't contributed for 4 year.

An whether or not I've ( or anyone else ) has been moderated is not relevant to this situation.  

In the past the Moderating team has refused some members permission to post in the classified forum. Not because they haven't posted in the general forums, but because  they have ONLY posted in the classified forum. They used this forum for their own financial gain. This case is comparing apples to oranges. We don't set prices. If some one hasn't posted in years and starts to overuse the classifieds then rest assured that member will be warned. This case was ONE classified post. For the last time, if you don't like the price don't buy. If you wish to bring any further concerns to the Moderators, please feel free to continue this in a PM. For now, I think we have gone to slide lock on this subject.