Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MrBullet Feeder/650

I have had my 650 for about two years and I am thinking of adding a MrBullet feeder. I load 9mm, 45’s and 223’s on my 650 and I am looking to pick up as much speed as possible. I don’t have a lot of free time and would rather spend it dry firing. So for the folks with a bullet feeder would you say it’s worth it or save the money to spend on a class/matches? 

SO worth it.

I’ve loaded probably 20,000+ rounds over the past 6 weeks. No way I could have done it without the bullet feeder. Works flawlessly.

Only had one little hang up with the 223, and DA sent me parts to fix free of charge. Was up and running again within a couple days.

I use it for 9MM, 40SW, 10MM, 45 Auto, 223/5.56, and 300 BO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have a case feeder it does not add much in the speed department, it is a really nice luxury item though.

Without it I was loading 1200 rounds a minute, with the BF about 1300. With a bit of practice you can be pretty quick picking up a bullet and placing it on a case.

This is for 9mm btw.

Keep it mind that loading anything other than RN can be finicky to setup, with the FN bullets I have some that do not get flipped and end up nose first into the case.

Hands down one of the two best investment you can make.  A bullet feeder and a casefeeder.  I load all three rounds you do on my 650 also.  The MBF can be a little finicky, but once you get it right it will make your reloading a dream.  (Well sort of...pulling the handle still sucks but I don't need a automated press)

I have not found the bullet feeder to be tricky or finicky at all.

I’ve never had to change the angle. Set it and forget it.

Watch the videos and read the directions. Once you learn what the adjustments do it takes just a minute to swap from one to the next. No more time than changing the case feeder around.

As I said I load several different calibers and many different bullet profiles. The only bullet I’ve found won’t work is the Hornady 147 XTP. It’s tapered at the nose and butt and no matter what you do you get them going in occasionally the wrong way. Everything else from RN to JHP, to FP, to 230gr, to 300 BO subs is GTG.

I think someone else hit it on the head. It is for sure a little quicker, but the real benefit is anti fatigue. You can load much longer without getting worn down. Get a vibra prime, a dozen or so pick up tubes and you can load a couple thousand in no time flat.

1 hour ago, iflyskyhigh said:

I’ve never had to change the angle. Set it and forget it.

I have to change the angle when I am switching from 9mm to 40cal - and even in 9mm, between 147RN vs 124 JHP. But the adjustments are small. It's mostly the shims that I have to adjust because I never bother writing down and labeling them for which ones get used for which projectiles, so I have to tune it a bit after each change.

I have to change the angle when I am switching from 9mm to 40cal - and even in 9mm, between 147RN vs 124 JHP. But the adjustments are small. It's mostly the shims that I have to adjust because I never bother writing down and labeling them for which ones get used for which projectiles, so I have to tune it a bit after each change.

Shims yes. The angle of the bullet feeder (45° recommended) have not had to change.

It says in the directions you may have to play around with the 45° angle of the unit, but I’ve never had to adjust it.

On 9/1/2020 at 7:49 PM, NateTSU said:

Thanks everyone, y’all have helped me make the decision to get one. 

You won't regret it I loaded on my 650 for years without one wish id have bought one sooner.

Stupid question time, how wide is the 650 with a Mr Bulletfeeder on it?  More accurately how wide is the case feeder and bullet feeder?  I am building a new loading bench to mount two 650s on and am trying to figure out how close I can put them.  I want to make sure I have room between them so the Mr Bulletfeeder fits with out touching.

8 hours ago, Gunsnjeeps said:

Stupid question time, how wide is the 650 with a Mr Bulletfeeder on it?  More accurately how wide is the case feeder and bullet feeder?  I am building a new loading bench to mount two 650s on and am trying to figure out how close I can put them.  I want to make sure I have room between them so the Mr Bulletfeeder fits with out touching.

Straight across from MBF to casefeeder is roughly 19"  Measuring from the MBF to the deepest part of the casefeeder is roughly 21"  Sorry, I was doing it one handed.

20200914_051339.jpg

1.jpg

On 8/27/2020 at 12:19 AM, xrayfk05 said:

If you have a case feeder it does not add much in the speed department, it is a really nice luxury item though.

Without it I was loading 1200 rounds a minute, with the BF about 1300.

Holy crap, you're FAST !!

I was in the same boat had my 650 for 2+ years and recently bought a Mr Bullet Feeder, it’s 100% worth it in my opinion. Now my shoulder doesn’t get sore from placing bullets, wish I would have bought it years ago.