Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig Romeo3 XL adjustment "click"

vgdvc

My current pick is the SIG Romeo3 XL for Open with a 6MOA dot. The features that set it apart from the rest for me is the wide range of brightness settings, size of the glass, very little distortion in the glass on the edges and very little parallax. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 9/24/2020 at 8:22 AM, vgdvc said:

Thanks for the heads up, I will. Not drawing any final conclusions but based on forums and personal experiences I've seen with several shooters that have them on slide and frame mounted applications I have yet one to tell me they have had an issue with it. This is a greater consistency than any other optic I've  researched for our sport application.  I'm sure no one optic is going to have every feature desirable be at 100%, but reliability is at the front of importance IMO. I'm not biased toward any of these products so I would certainly welcome other experienced opinions to the better choices. Thanks

I've been through multiple units of all the majo optics shooting CO and the Romeo 3 max/XL has proven the most durable. I had mixed luck with SRO's but the warranty service was excellent. If I couldn't run a Romeo 3 I'd be using the SRO. 

On 8/6/2020 at 10:52 AM, vgdvc said:

Hello shooters. So I just received a new Sig Romeo 3 XL and it looks to be a promising optic. Have not got a chance to mount and try it yet but I do have a concern. It seems the windage adjustment has very faint clicks and the elevation clicks is hardly existing. I viewed a YouTube video where a fella who unsuccessfully sent it back to sig with this issue, and not holding windage, was returned to him with nothing done. He apparently took the base plate off and found a means to tighten the clicks for windage. Wondering if anybody else has come across this and I'm certainly not looking to fix something that isn't broke. Thanks for any shared experiences.

lol.. that has to be popsquest.. good friend of mine.. shill runs the 3xl - but I think he puts electric tape on the screws to they dont move

On 9/14/2020 at 4:42 PM, Posvar said:

Ok. I wonder if the XL optics are worse as my Romeo3 Max is still dead on with my open gun. 

Although the electronics are the same, the shape and size of the lens on the XL should theoretically have the potential to impart more uneven harmonics on the sight.

Thanks for the insight on the elevation adjustment - I ended up using a drop of Green Loctite.  Seems to work well.

On 10/4/2020 at 5:45 PM, scroadkill said:

lol.. that has to be popsquest.. good friend of mine.. shill runs the 3xl - but I think he puts electric tape on the screws to they dont move

I ran one match with mine. Knocking on wood so far so good but that is just a sad story you told.

• 6 months later...

I had the same issue.  I did contact Sig Optics Division and actually got an RA #; however, it was really obvious to me what it was.   The set screw on the windage under the floorplate is very short and has very few threads which allows it to walk backwards and out similar to how an overtravel screw on a trigger on a 2011/1911 can do.   I fixed mine by putting a very small drop of 222ms loctite designed for small screws and being sure that it did not get in the detent when putting the screw back in.   It is crazy that they use this screw on such an important part of the optic.  I love the optic and have purchased several more.  All of them will have loctite on that set screw.  I am glad I did not send mine back after hearing their Optics Division said it was fine.  

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks to this thread. I had the same issue with my MAX and was able to fix it.

Another discovery for me was that six tiny screws that secure the bottom cover were loose!! Some of them were half way out. That would affect the water proofness. 

I was able to take the optic off, and adjust the tiny set screw that tensions the detent on the windage adjustment, so I am back in business. I am glad that it's an easy fix. I will look into that special lock-tite for small screws, the next time it occurs

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...