Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig Romeo3 XL adjustment "click"

vgdvc

Hello shooters. So I just received a new Sig Romeo 3 XL and it looks to be a promising optic. Have not got a chance to mount and try it yet but I do have a concern. It seems the windage adjustment has very faint clicks and the elevation clicks is hardly existing. I viewed a YouTube video where a fella who unsuccessfully sent it back to sig with this issue, and not holding windage, was returned to him with nothing done. He apparently took the base plate off and found a means to tighten the clicks for windage. Wondering if anybody else has come across this and I'm certainly not looking to fix something that isn't broke. Thanks for any shared experiences.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm in the same boat. Windage clicks are faint as well and I have to adjust it to the right about 6 clicks at 10 yards before a Match. Getting old. Would be nice to get it tightened. I did mark the screw to body with a paint pen. Just shot a 125 round Match last night and nothing moved. But, will get out Friday and test it again to see if it is still on point. Following this topic, see who else has the same issue. 

Just found this on the tube. Hope this help. 

Edited by Lastcat

vgdvc, just did mine.

Yep it worked. You'll need a .0325 allen wrench. I turned mine in a 1/2 turn, worked great. No more slop. See how it holds up. Resetting windage Fri. And.. to get that plate off, I pushed from the top of the mounting holes with a very small screw driver and was able to push the plate off. Didn't want to try prying the plate off from the bottom, hth.

Edited by Lastcat

45 minutes ago, Lastcat said:

I'm in the same boat. Windage clicks are faint as well and I have to adjust it to the right about 6 clicks at 10 yards before a Match. Getting old. Would be nice to get it tightened. I did mark the screw to body with a paint pen. Just shot a 125 round Match last night and nothing moved. But, will get out Friday and test it again to see if it is still on point. Following this topic, see who else has the same issue. 

Yep, this is the video I was referencing regarding the subject. I'm going to try to contact the fella and see if he recognized any tension adjustment for elevation in the same manner in case it becomes an issue.

Just now, Lastcat said:

vgdvc, just did mine.

Yep it worked. You'll need a .0325 allen wrench. I turned mine in a 1/2 turn, worked great. No more slop. See how it holds up. Resetting windage Fri. 

Did you happen to take note if there was any similar fix for elevation?

1 minute ago, vgdvc said:

Did you happen to take note if there was any similar fix for elevation?

I'll check, still have my plate off. But my Elev. Adj. is fine. I think that brass plate is what could hold the Elev. Adj. screw down. My 2 small phillips head screw were good. Other than that, it's hard to tell. 

Edited by Lastcat

46 minutes ago, Lastcat said:

I'll check, still have my plate off. But my Elev. Adj. is fine. I think that brass plate is what could hold the Elev. Adj. screw down. My 2 small phillips head screw were good. Other than that, it's hard to tell. 

I appreciate you checking. I did take the plate off of a first-generation Romeo 3 I have but that arrangement is different since it has a lock screw externally. Perhaps the plate you're talking about puts tension upwards on the elevation adjustment screw.I noticed it did seem to have a bend in it that gets forced upwards when the two screws that mount it get installed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2020 at 9:01 AM, Lastcat said:

I was usually going to the Range to check if my dot on my XL was still on the mark before a Match. Had to usually make minor adjustments, maybe 4-6 clicks. The windage adjustment screw really didn't have a solid positive feel. Since finding this post (thanks vgdvc) I was able to follow this video above. So far it has worked great. 3 Matches and 1 practice session, dot is solid and on the mark. 

Nope, had it happen to 2 3Max's .  Won't hold windage, adjustment screw is way easy to turn, so it turns under recoil.  Opted to send them back to SIG for replacement and hopes maybe QC will catch on.  They replace them without much fuss.

Takes much much longer on a frame-mount Open gun versus CO however.

3 minutes ago, shred said:

Nope, had it happen to 2 3Max's .  Won't hold windage, adjustment screw is way easy to turn, so it turns under recoil.  Opted to send them back to SIG for replacement and hopes maybe QC will catch on.  They replace them without much fuss.

Takes much much longer on a frame-mount Open gun versus CO however.

Thanks for the reply! 

I had zero issues on mine as well. I sent it back to Sig and they said they couldn't replicate the problem. So after I got it back I zeroed and put Gorilla tape over both screws. Doesn't look great but who cares, zero hasn't moved. I love the Sig optic and have sent several of them back for different reasons. Good luck!

4 hours ago, Carry9shoot40 said:

I had zero issues on mine as well. I sent it back to Sig and they said they couldn't replicate the problem. So after I got it back I zeroed and put Gorilla tape over both screws. Doesn't look great but who cares, zero hasn't moved. I love the Sig optic and have sent several of them back for different reasons. Good luck!

Hadn’t thought of that. So far no zero issues on my open gun but it’s good to know how to address it if/when needed. 

On 8/22/2020 at 8:28 AM, Posvar said:

Is this issue related just to the XL? My Romeo3Max have kept zero perfectly. 

There is a small set screw that puts tension on the Windage Ajustment Screw. Remove the bottom plate and it's there. I turned mine in a 1/2 turn, worked great. The video posted shows how it's done. 

On 8/29/2020 at 12:10 PM, Carry9shoot40 said:

The last one I put a dot of white paint on the windage screw and started the phone recording video.  Five shots later, the dot is halfway around.  Sent the video to Sig, RMA issued...

Adjusting the tension seems like the way to go if you're in a hurry or they stop warrantying them.

3 hours ago, shred said:

The last one I put a dot of white paint on the windage screw and started the phone recording video.  Five shots later, the dot is halfway around.  Sent the video to Sig, RMA issued...

Adjusting the tension seems like the way to go if you're in a hurry or they stop warrantying them.

i pretty much assume this is bad on every R3 I have, I’ve gone through and adjusted the screw before I even install a new one. I also put a bit of vibra tight on there. Sometimes the tensioning screw will loosen over time as well. 

Edited by Rich406

On 8/6/2020 at 10:48 AM, Lastcat said:

vgdvc, just did mine.

Yep it worked. You'll need a .0325 allen wrench. I turned mine in a 1/2 turn, worked great. No more slop. See how it holds up. Resetting windage Fri. And.. to get that plate off, I pushed from the top of the mounting holes with a very small screw driver and was able to push the plate off. Didn't want to try prying the plate off from the bottom, hth.

Where did you find an Allen wrench that small??

1 hour ago, VU2AKILL said:

Where did you find an Allen wrench that small??

Just had a draw full and got lucky and found just 1.

I shot another Match today, about 98 rounds. Dot is still on the mark. I used the day before a Match, go to the Range and adjust a few clicks. Working great now!

On 8/30/2020 at 6:24 PM, shred said:

Good idea, when I get my new gun and this one becomes my back up I will do that! 

Same issue with windage drifting.  

I didn’t have an allen wrench that small, but had a screwdriver glasses kit and was able to adjust the tension screw enough with a small flathead.  It is now much tighter.

Still checking to see if anyone has found the tensioning adjustment for elevation.

1 hour ago, Whoops! said:

Same issue with windage drifting.  

I didn’t have an allen wrench that small, but had a screwdriver glasses kit and was able to adjust the tension screw enough with a small flathead.  It is now much tighter.

Still checking to see if anyone has found the tensioning adjustment for elevation.

I'm hoping someone could give insight on the elevation tension as well,reason for my op.

My elevation shifted pretty considerably, but windage has been fine. This weekend's match had some tough stages where not knowing your POI at distance was really punishing (misses or no shoots). I thought it was me but rechecked zero mid-match at the advice of squad mates and was glad I did. I originally zeroed at 17 yards. At the match I checked on what was probably a 15 yard target and my impacts were 2.5-3" high. No idea when it originally started to drift but I put the XL on it at the start of July and I'd guess it's seen 2500-3k rounds through it since then.

Would love to know if there is a way to increase the tension for elevation as well. We have our state match coming up soon and I don't think there is enough time to count on a turnaround, and don't want to have to check zero every few stages. 

2 minutes ago, regor said:

My elevation shifted pretty considerably, but windage has been fine. This weekend's match had some tough stages where not knowing your POI at distance was really punishing (misses or no shoots). I thought it was me but rechecked zero mid-match at the advice of squad mates and was glad I did. I originally zeroed at 17 yards. At the match I checked on what was probably a 15 yard target and my impacts were 2.5-3" high. No idea when it originally started to drift but I put the XL on it at the start of July and I'd guess it's seen 2500-3k rounds through it since then.

Would love to know if there is a way to increase the tension for elevation as well. We have our state match coming up soon and I don't think there is enough time to count on a turnaround, and don't want to have to check zero every few stages. 

Was this with a frame mounted open gun or slide mounted?