Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Price gouging.

falconew

I never worry about price gouging, cuz I don't wait till the last minute to buy my s***. For better then 10 years every 2 weeks I take $100 and buy reloading stuff whether I need it or not. Just saying I expect them to do this that's why I do what I do so I can keep shooting. Plus I buy local so I don't have to pay shipping or Hazmat fee. Good luck guys hang in there.

1 minute ago, usmc1974 said:

I never worry about price gouging, cuz I don't wait till the last minute to buy my s***. For better then 10 years every 2 weeks I take $100 and buy reloading stuff whether I need it or not. Just saying I expect them to do this that's why I do what I do so I can keep shooting. Plus I buy local so I don't have to pay shipping or Hazmat fee. Good luck guys hang in there.

I got an ok supply.  My buddy sent that to me because he was looking for some.  I was like are you kidding me.  

Just now, falconew said:

I got an ok supply.  My buddy sent that to me because he was looking for some.  I was like are you kidding me.  

Yeah, me too.  I have seen some proposterous prices before, but +500%?  

Check out GunBroker. $100+ all day long and people are bidding. There was one that ended on Sunday at $146 for a brick of Federal GMM primers. These are people voluntarily paying that much, so I don't consider that gouging. But a shop...its crappy and sucks but I don't hold it against them. I bet the shop didn't have any ammo or guns to sell either. They have to make money on something besides ear pro and range bags.

*Edit: I didn't check out the store link until after I posted. But yea that store looks intentionally set up for gouging. I was referring to my local shops that have nothing to sell, can't order any guns, they have to keep the lights on somehow. I remember 12 years ago when this type of demand happened. Some stores could flourish, some managed, and some went under.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Ken6PPC said:

Isn't gouging illegal? 

Not in general. Some states have price-gouging laws for necessities, but primers aren't a necessity. The prices are ridiculous and unfortunate, but it's supply and demand.

“Price gouging” is a myth and the language of the left.

It’s the free market at its best. Read some Mises and Rothbard. Don’t fall into the trap of the radical left.

Don’t like it. Don’t buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, iflyskyhigh said:

“Price gouging” is a myth and the language of the left.

When we are outside the bounds of human decency, buying up essential commodities (gas-food-water) during a crisis and reselling at 15 times cost for example, I can't think of a more accurate term. 

For things that are not essential, ok. 

And also why I’m siting on enough reloading supplies to last me the rest of my life. [emoji846]

If I want to sell 5000 of those primers to someone for $300 and they are willing to buy them, am I price gouging?

If I’m willing to sell and the other person is will to buy, is that price gouging? Two willing parties?

31 minutes ago, iflyskyhigh said:

And also why I’m siting on enough reloading supplies to last me the rest of my life. emoji846.png

If I want to sell 5000 of those primers to someone for $300 and they are willing to buy them, am I price gouging?

If I’m willing to sell and the other person is will to buy, is that price gouging? Two willing parties?

I'm willing to buy 5000 of your primers for $150....  🤣    Shipped, of course!  😆  

No, actually, I have enough primers.  Just trying to lighten this up a little....   

2 hours ago, aandabooks said:

Did you forget a 0 in that humble brag?

No,  Don't get me wrong, I hate price gougers.  Inevitably someone will pony up the money they are asking.  Like many reloaders, I stock up when I can.  I haven't shot a match this year.  I'm sitting on the primers because sooner or later I'll be using them.

14 minutes ago, Ken6PPC said:

I'm willing to buy 5000 of your primers for $150....  🤣    Shipped, of course!  😆  

No, actually, I have enough primers.  Just trying to lighten this up a little....   

Sold. Drop em in the mail tomorrow.

Considered it lightened.