Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for 1911-like PCC Trigger

I have a Velocity 3 lb. trigger on my PCC.  It's a nice trigger, but after 150K+ rounds with the short reset on my 9mm 1911 I'm looking for something with little take-up and a very short reset in the 3 to 3.5 lb. range.  I'm primarily shooting steel challenge, but want to dabble in USPSA and when I shoot doubles with the  Velocity triggerI sometimes short stroke the trigger.

I have a CMMG PCC so I really need an AR15 trigger, but it seems that most of the trigger suppliers have similar offerings in PCC and AR variants.  And some, Hyperfire comes to mind, have what appears to be a baffling array of triggers.

Hiperfire Hipertouch Series (Eclipse, Competition, Reflex)... pull weight can be 2 - 3.5lbs depending what springs you use, virtually zero take-up, reset is as short as a top shelf 1911.

Good suggestions that certainly line up with the reviews.  I do also have a CMC trigger in my wife's PCC and I'll try that today, but it's a PCC-specific trigger; I need an AR version for my ADM/CMMG SBR.  Not going to try another trigger until I resolve my light strike issues which are possibly not lower related. 

I Run 3lb single stage velocity triggers and all my 3-gun AR's. It has almost no take up in a very short reset. Just saying Mech Tech sys make a carbine conversion that uses a 1911 lower. Again, just saying.

no such thing as a 1911 style trigger for the AR9 style PCC......if you mean flat trigger, that's different. But flat triggers for the Ar platform rotate on a pivot point.....they are NOT straight pull back like a 1911. Anyone that thinks it is.....well, is just plain wrong. 

Hyperfire does a cool pad that is adjustable, CMC and JP have a flat trigger. I'm not saying flat triggers are bad or anything like that......but on a flat trigger, unless you have something to key off of, your weight and/or travel is different depending on where you place your finger on the trigger. Curved triggers, for the most part pretty much take care of that as you comfortably gravitate to the same point every time. I do like flat triggers that have a 'bulb' on the end as that is where I key in my booger hook. But no, there is no trigger on the market that mimics the straight pull back of a 1911 trigger.

21 hours ago, TRUBL said:

no such thing as a 1911 style trigger for the AR9 style PCC......if you mean flat trigger, that's different. But flat triggers for the Ar platform rotate on a pivot point.....they are NOT straight pull back like a 1911. Anyone that thinks it is.....well, is just plain wrong. 

Hyperfire does a cool pad that is adjustable, CMC and JP have a flat trigger. I'm not saying flat triggers are bad or anything like that......but on a flat trigger, unless you have something to key off of, your weight and/or travel is different depending on where you place your finger on the trigger. Curved triggers, for the most part pretty much take care of that as you comfortably gravitate to the same point every time. I do like flat triggers that have a 'bulb' on the end as that is where I key in my booger hook. But no, there is no trigger on the market that mimics the straight pull back of a 1911 trigger.

Understood.  My OP was poorly stated.  Should have described function thusly: minimum take-up and overtravel; positive reset.  I prefer curved triggers.

By your description you need to find someone with a two stage trigger.

See if that fills your need. This would be try before you by . Reset may be to long 

for you.

• 3 weeks later...

I did install a Triggertech and set the TPW to 3 lbs. to start with.  Feels very similar to my 1911 and should work nicely.  I'll probably lower the weight to 2 lbs. once I get comfortable with the trigger, but it should be near-ideal for the double taps I'll need in my occasional forays into USPSA.

The AR Gold and TriggerTech Diamond are what you're looking for.

The Diamond is just a little bit better. It has less creep due to the unique roller design. I actually have one set at just under one pound in one gun, and it functions 100% reliably. This is the best AR trigger on the market, IMO.

6 hours ago, avastcosmicarena said:

The AR Gold and TriggerTech Diamond are what you're looking for.

The Diamond is just a little bit better. It has less creep due to the unique roller design. I actually have one set at just under one pound in one gun, and it functions 100% reliably. This is the best AR trigger on the market, IMO.

The Diamond is what I installed.  Should be very good for steel challenge.  My wife's Kidd 10/22 has a 1.5 lb. trigger: dot on target, touch the trigger is all that's necessary.  The CMMG has very little recoil, but I'm going to run PF in steel challenge just to keep things lined up with USPSA.