Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• 3 years later...

Our sales guys had Treo's and NOTHING but problems. They recently went to Dingleberry Curve 8xxx (whatever the international model is) and are worlds happier. The phone actually works for one, and the other stuff works too without rebooting several times a day as well. All this through Verizon.

I am in need of an advanced pda/phone too, without hesitation the i-Phone is what I want but my brain is telling me to ignore the twitch in my britches and look at the Blackberry too before shelling out the money.....

The Dingleberry that clicks in the commercial seems rather cool, need to spend some non-quality time at the phone store with a pimple faced kid that only speaks partial english and see what is what.

I have recently went to the Blackberry 8330 Curve, through Sprint. It does alot more than I would ever use, but so far I like it. I have not had any issues for the past month and half.

Battery life isn't great, so I bought a second charger for the office. They do offer an extended life battery. It is also highly recommended to use the blackberry holders, there is a sensor in it for something....

You are also supposed to pull the battery and let it reset once a week. I have only done this twice since I got in december and haven't noticed anything.

I have a Blackberry (company provided) but I want an iPhone (most likely Dennis provided)

I like the Crackberry a lot. My son (guru of all things computing and electronic...thank you Lord) tells me that the Blackberry has a more robust email system ( I have three email accounts running on mine) but that the applications and phone are probably better on the iPhone.

fwiw

dj

This is a company mandated thing or else I'd consider the iPhone for sure.

99% of the people are on the Sprint Network and use the push to talk feature popularized by Nextel. That is probably the carrier I'll end up with but I'm going to push for Verizon as the coverage @ home is waaay better. Perhaps a trip to the Verizon store to talk to that kid Howard spoke of....

As stated above what to get depends on what you intend to use it for.

I like the Iphone it has a great ui and lots of good aps avaliable.

Having said that if I were going to use this phone for a lot of email or text messaging I'd want the blackberry (one with the qwerty keyboard). I just have never liked touch screens for text entry.

(This post was typed on the old blackberry 8700 I still use).

Peter Adams

FY-39604

I really wanted to get an iPhone, but I'm already on Verizon and don't want to switch to AT&T. I got a Blackberry Storm. I've had it about 2 months now and am pretty happy with it. This is my first Blackberry. I am not using a Blackberry email server, just getting my normal email via the Storm (which is super-easy to setup).

This is a company mandated thing or else I'd consider the iPhone for sure.

99% of the people are on the Sprint Network and use the push to talk feature popularized by Nextel. That is probably the carrier I'll end up with but I'm going to push for Verizon as the coverage @ home is waaay better. Perhaps a trip to the Verizon store to talk to that kid Howard spoke of....

I see....

Edited by JThompson

I actually like the touch screen on my iphone better than most qwertyies I've tried. It corrects my mistakes... something most solid keyboards dont do. They assume if you hit that button you meant to hit that button. The key size is actually larger on the screen as it anticipates letters you will likely pick and makes their area bigger and less likely ones smaller, invisibly. I haven't played with the storm, but I would want to try texting on both first. My iphone has no problem with multiple email accounts. I use gmail, yahoo, and microsoft exchange. Play with the way email is accessed on each phone you consider. Look at what other apps are important to you. The palm pre is coming at some point and my have better apps than bb.

-Chris

There is one thing I do wish my BB did have and that is an Excell type program that would sync to my excell files on my PC. Then I could come home, park my truck, enter the milage in the drive way and sync it with my PC at a later date. That would beat writing it on my hand the transfering the data when I got everything settled down in my home office.

FM

Slight thread drift but still germane to the subject:

How rugged are these Blackberry/Iphones? Will they stand up to some abuse such as being in your pocket all day while you toil in the soil (I am an Arborist/ Landscaper)

How rugged are these Blackberry/Iphones? Will they stand up to some abuse such as being in your pocket all day while you toil in the soil (I am an Arborist/ Landscaper)

I try to keep my iphone in my breast pocket when I wear dress shirts or in my front pants pocket with nothing else hard in it. I've got a hard case that does a fair job of protecting it without obscuring the screen at all. BB may have more buttons that get pressed while in a pocket and moving. Someone can speak to how well they lock so as not to waste battery life in your pocket. As long as you aren't sweating through your pocket it shouldn't be a major problem.

-Chris

I have a clear plastic case that snaps onto my Storm. There are a variety of 3rd party products that are similar, such as you can get for an iPod, to protect it.