Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My wife & I just upgraded to the Storm through Verizon this past Friday. They have a special right now of buy 1 BB get 1 BB free. So we paid $225 out the door for 2 Storms, 2 hard shell protectors, a pack of screen protectors and a belt case. Still trying to figure everything out with it. Was told it would take a month or two to truely master it.

My wife & I just upgraded to the Storm through Verizon this past Friday. They have a special right now of buy 1 BB get 1 BB free. So we paid $225 out the door for 2 Storms, 2 hard shell protectors, a pack of screen protectors and a belt case. Still trying to figure everything out with it. Was told it would take a month or two to truely master it.

How do you like the Storm's "keyboard"?

FM

FM

It's taking some getting used to. You really have to use both hands to type w/ it. It expects your fingers to come in at a certain angle and if it doesn't, you get a different letter. It uses a heat sensitive sensor along w/ the touch screen to select items, or atleast that is how the tech told me how it works.

For me, the best technique is to "hover" your fingers over the letters and then press down. With the Storm, the whole screen is pressed, unlike the iPhone where you virtually hit the key.

FM

It's taking some getting used to. You really have to use both hands to type w/ it. It expects your fingers to come in at a certain angle and if it doesn't, you get a different letter. It uses a heat sensitive sensor along w/ the touch screen to select items, or atleast that is how the tech told me how it works.

I am probably wrong, but I thought there were actual buttons underneath the screen?

FM

FM

I am probably wrong, but I thought there were actual buttons underneath the screen?

FM

From what I was told by the tech, the screen is one huge button. It's kinda weird, but I'm starting to like it more everyday.

I have been rocking the Storm for about 6 weeks. It needed one software update to get it to stop killing the battery. The touch screen with click feature works better for me than the iphone. All in all a top notch product.

Keep us up to date with the battery/software issue; please!

FM

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a work provided Blackberry for years (7503) and now also carry an iPhone which I strongly prefer.

I figured out that the key to a good vacation is to have personal cell phone in addition to a work phone. It's too tempting to peek in on work with the Blackberry while on vacation and with the personal cell phone you can leave the Blackberry at home and just turn it off.

Yes I know, it's obvious...