Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How to convince shooters the Midwest PCC Championship

Any suggestions on HOW to convince people this match is happening?  I get several a day asking if it is happening
Sure once it's over they will realize it  -  Midwest PCC Championship
We are 1 month away - it's ON !

https://clubs.practiscore.com/jp-enterprises-midwest-pcc-championship/register

Edited by toothandnail

Any suggestions on HOW to convince people this match is happening? Round count 466
Sure once it's over you will realize it - Midwest PCC Championship
Not sure what else to say ? ? ?  I get messages every day - "Are you SURE it's not canceled?"

I doubt you can convince people. Things are changing daily, and who knows what will happen in a month. I'm hopeful a lot of matches will be running in that time frame, but I'm not signing up for any majors either. Every major I signed up for has rescheduled or canceled now.  But I'm on the east coast, things are probably really different here.

I doubt you can convince people too. Every event I've signed up for including events in June and July even have been cancelled. It's frustrating making plans for time off work and for accommodations just to have things get cancelled.

2 hours ago, toothandnail said:

Any suggestions on HOW to convince people this match is happening? Round count 466
Sure once it's over you will realize it - Midwest PCC Championship
Not sure what else to say ? ? ?  I get messages every day - "Are you SURE it's not canceled?"

It’s tough. For Ohio State championship we were nearly maxed out then everybody started dropping out. People didn’t want to stay in hotels, we didn’t want gloves, masks, hand sanitizer and neither did many shooters, catering food was problematic, sanitizing bathrooms was a concern, the list just went on and on. But when the registration dipped really low we just decided to cancel and come back better next year. Matches still have to be fun

I wish I could say that it's all about shooting.....sadly it is not.

Hotels, Restaurants, Travel. 

The reality is I love to go to a match for all the enjoyments.....but if I have to order out, and not be able to stay at a hotel of my choosing.......I'm less inclinded to attend.

Didn't help that the craze/election drove people to raid ammo stores making most places out of stock. Got my RMR bullets a month after ordering and plenty of time to load a stash for this match. Also people may not be getting paid durring their forced time off making budget tight.

Edited by Joedirt199

Matt. I have been contemplating driving out to shoot the match even though it is over a thousand miles. The only problem for me is that I am reluctant to sign up for the match and then not be able to attend because of issues beyond my control. 

I understand the reason for the policy on refunds of match fees but these are very different times right now. 

As it gets closer I will see about entering. 

I would love to shoot this match!

hang on, is it on or not???

j/k, free post bump.  if it were on the east coast near me i would be all over this.  ecstatic to hear that one range local to me is starting matches back up again next weekend.  i get the whole travel issues thing, but i think it's safer at local outdoor matches with a little common sense than cruising thru walmart.

Edited by davsco

and as noted above, maybe can the (no) refund policy for your match.  it sounds like it's def on and you're committed so by not locking folks in, you may actually get more of a turnout.  just say no refunds 48 or 72 hours prior or the like so locals can fill any last minute spots.

You need to offer refunds all the way to the end or allow people to register and pay later (much later). 

If you don't have either, I wouldn't sign up if I shot PCC.

The Kentucky sectional is on for mid June and that's how they're handling payment and registration

I'm going and I'm staying in Lexington.  I'm tired of this BS with governors imposing idiotic restrictions with no common sense.  I've been working the entire time this "pandemic" has been going on, and I'm still healthy and kicking.

We're all going to die sooner or later and I've made peace with that long ago.  I'm not going to live in fear.

1 hour ago, davsco said:

and as noted above, maybe can the (no) refund policy for your match.  it sounds like it's def on and you're committed so by not locking folks in, you may actually get more of a turnout.  just say no refunds 48 or 72 hours prior or the like so locals can fill any last minute spots.

That is probably a good idea, I know the Mil. guys are still locked down,  and some others probably still don't know about work schedules.

I will change to 1 week notice on refunds, kind of a big risk, but I understand it's a risk for those signing up as well.

10 hours ago, TRUBL said:

I wish I could say that it's all about shooting.....sadly it is not.

Hotels, Restaurants, Travel. 

The reality is I love to go to a match for all the enjoyments.....but if I have to order out, and not be able to stay at a hotel of my choosing.......I'm less inclinded to attend.

Yeah, I sure understand those concerns, here in MO restaurants are open ea inside, just 6' between tables, I think 6 or 8 max at a table.

We are pretty much back to "normal" other than the box stores recommending/requiring masks starting next week.

55 minutes ago, SGT_Schultz said:

You need to offer refunds all the way to the end or allow people to register and pay later (much later). 

If you don't have either, I wouldn't sign up if I shot PCC.

The Kentucky sectional is on for mid June and that's how they're handling payment and registration

I'm going and I'm staying in Lexington.  I'm tired of this BS with governors imposing idiotic restrictions with no common sense.  I've been working the entire time this "pandemic" has been going on, and I'm still healthy and kicking.

We're all going to die sooner or later and I've made peace with that long ago.  I'm not going to live in fear.

We used to do the signup today pay later - with our Missouri 3 Gun Championship , and it would "sellout"  quickly, and have a 30-40 deep wait list.. But come time to pay they started dropping. And for many/most on the wait list it was too late for them to make arrangements. Not to mention all the extra work trying to contact 40-60 people several times to fill the slots.
Pay at registration solved all those problems.
I can see how, in this climate, it may be working against us.

Edited by toothandnail

12 hours ago, toothandnail said:

We used to do the signup today pay later - with our Missouri 3 Gun Championship , and it would "sellout"  quickly, and have a 30-40 deep wait list.. But come time to pay they started dropping. And for many/most on the wait list it was too late for them to make arrangements. Not to mention all the extra work trying to contact 40-60 people several times to fill the slots.
Pay at registration solved all those problems.
I can see how, in this climate, it may be working against us.

I understand that paying up front is the norm. 

These aren't normal times, which is why some matches have adjusted.

Right now it is too risky to attend or plan to attend a match in light of the coronavirus. Take a breather, there is always next year after they have developed a vaccine and you have been vaccinated.

34 minutes ago, verla said:

Right now it is too risky to attend or plan to attend a match in light of the coronavirus. Take a breather, there is always next year after they have developed a vaccine and you have been vaccinated.

We've never stopped having matches, last weekend was the only one since March that we didn't shoot.
I haven't had a single vaccine in my life(except for Tetnus) not gonna start now.

8 hours ago, verla said:

You can wait and let life go by.  I'm going out to have fun.