Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How many belts does it take to make one good one ?

Bmans45

Ok so I started with a DAA double belt and it works good enough if you don’t mind pulling your pants up all the time . With a limited gun and 4 mags I am pretty tired of it by the end of a match. The inner belt really won’t hold your pants up either . I like to wear it to the range because it’s one less thing to deal with in changing out belts at the range . I am a enough of a belly in need a belt and wear one everyday with my carry rig anyway .i decided on a Dominate Defense inner belt because I had heard about them . Well that is 70 bucks right there and it was nice but not nearly enough adjustment for the money .  So I bought some more webbing 2 sizes  and Velcro from amazon the. went to my local upholstery shop. I had the Velcro put on the outside and made the 1 inch webbing longer so I could adjust it in and out for comfort and tightness. I also used the smaller webbing and had 5 more loops added just Incase I loose some weight . Lol right . Anyway total was about 40 more bucks but it works nicely now 

009E842C-C0F0-4C81-8B9A-B206E0744464.jpeg

6D0A8C8B-799E-41C2-9851-C445201DE7A6.jpeg

Then I took my outer belt The DAA and bought a 1 inch Aluminum ratcheting buckle and retainer combo and a ladder strap . Amazon has a holster repair kit to hold it on the belt . That’s another 60 bucks for everything. So now I have a belt that works but I have way to much in it if it didn’t to give up . It would be nice if somebody made something like this for one price you didn’t have to work on . 

4DB58C83-22FA-4B8F-A922-9FF279EF15E2.jpeg.197fbf28b15905407610eb8c8a06226c.jpeg

18894143-7799-4079-BF43-81F0E73D78AF.jpeg

1 hour ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Do you use keepers ?  Hold the belts together ...

no the inner is Velcro just like the original so they hold pretty good . With the ratchet on the outer you don’t need the one keeper on the ends either .

5 hours ago, lacivilian said:

Literally a CR speed inner and DAA premium outer solves all the problems out there. Sucks to have to buy separately but it is a dream once on.

it looks like the same as the DAA inner . My point was you can’t tighten it up enough to keep you pants up. 

30 minutes ago, Malarky112 said:

What’s the complaint with the DAA inners? 

My complaint is they have no real way to tighten up . It would be nice if you could put it on at home and the inner would actually work as belt . 

I don't mean to be a jerk, but I'm confused as to why you can't get the inner belt tight enough.  Overlap in front (since it doesn't matter) and crank that sucker as much as you want.

8 hours ago, clw42 said:

I don't mean to be a jerk, but I'm confused as to why you can't get the inner belt tight enough.  Overlap in front (since it doesn't matter) and crank that sucker as much as you want.

I wanted a inner that I could put on at home so I don't have to change at the range . After I added the buckle I can get the butter plenty tight . Just seems to me that it would not be hard when its being made to make a better inner and outer . Guess its what you are happy with . 

My daa belt used to sag midway through a match. Switched to a nerd inner belt with the daa outer and have been perfect since. Full size open gun with 3 mags on belt. Often times I have just the gun on while waiting to shoot. Get the mags when I’m next shooter. 

I'm planning on adding a ratchet, can get them from m3 for like 18 bucks plus shipping. Shipping to me is like 10 bucks so I'll end up getting a few others together and placing a larger order to spread that cost out.

My belt is primarily for 3 gun, but right now it's just a plain DAA belt and I don't have sagging issues, just wish I could get it a little tighter when I'm on large shotgun stages.

Bmans, what I have done to my DAA belt rig is buy the ratchet and strap kit from M2, cut the outer belt with a hacksaw to fit the ratchet and strap with room for adjustment from loose to tight with a gap to spare, and cut the inner down to have just a couple of inches ( enough to hold up pants on the way to match) of overlap. I use the inner like normal on the way and when I get ready to attach my outer belt, I slip the inner velcro part inside the sticky part so they don't stick together and when I tighten up the ratchet, the inner slides across itself and doesn't bunch up.

20200113_221007.jpg

20200113_220857.jpg

On 1/6/2020 at 3:22 PM, Bmans45 said:

Then I took my outer belt The DAA and bought a 1 inch Aluminum ratcheting buckle and retainer combo and a ladder strap . Amazon has a holster repair kit to hold it on the belt . That’s another 60 bucks for everything. So now I have a belt that works but I have way to much in it if it didn’t to give up . It would be nice if somebody made something like this for one price you didn’t have to work on . 

Atlas sells one - It's spendy ($100) for just the outer.  I've got one on back order.

Edited by admcd

• 1 month later...
On 1/14/2020 at 9:11 AM, texasdawg said:

Bmans, what I have done to my DAA belt rig is buy the ratchet and strap kit from M2, cut the outer belt with a hacksaw to fit the ratchet and strap with room for adjustment from loose to tight with a gap to spare, and cut the inner down to have just a couple of inches ( enough to hold up pants on the way to match) of overlap. I use the inner like normal on the way and when I get ready to attach my outer belt, I slip the inner velcro part inside the sticky part so they don't stick together and when I tighten up the ratchet, the inner slides across itself and doesn't bunch up.

20200113_221007.jpg

20200113_220857.jpg

Thanks for the description and idea with the inner belt.  I just put the Ratchet on mine and needed this info.  It works great thanks