Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

sp01 shadow grips ?

1911vm

i always used the alum thin grips.  Used someones gun with factory grips and actually shot it better. do not like the way they look. does any one know which custom grips have the same profile as factory.  

I’m gonna sound like a newb here but what is G10? A type of polymer? Is it grippy? 

G10 is epoxy layered Fiberglas that is heat and pressure formed, and very durable (but not invincible.) It’s not a polymer that you would think is poured into a mold and cured, typically G10 is always cut and formed to the shape that is needed. It’s super grippy depending on the cut pattern you choose, I sport a pair of LOK Grips thin Bogies on my SP-01, and after about 2 years they still feel grippy.

Now i am confused  which one Lok Palm Swell and Armanov SpidErgo. It looks like LOK  has a bit bigger  Palm swell .  does any one have both? i searched for a compare between the two. and found nothing.  almost considering just staying with the factory ones LOL they just look like s$%t LOL

15 minutes ago, 1911vm said:

Now i am confused  which one Lok Palm Swell and Armanov SpidErgo. It looks like LOK  has a bit bigger  Palm swell .  does any one have both? i searched for a compare between the two. and found nothing.  almost considering just staying with the factory ones LOL they just look like s$%t LOL

Go with the Armanov's, if you don't like them I think you should be able to get your money back on a quick resale. They're relatively rare and really new grips - only been out 2 months.

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 6:12 PM, 1911vm said:

I have medium sized hands (glove size 8 ) with fingers on the short side.  The LOK palm swells were too big for me.

For all those recommending the armanovs, no one has made mention of the best swag ever. They send a key to unlock the shopping carts at places where you have to use a quarter in order unlock them. Think of all the money you will save on "renting" shopping carts without wasting quarters.

Edited by Joedirt199

On 11/8/2019 at 6:16 PM, Joedirt199 said:

For all those recommending the armanovs, no one has made mention of the best swag ever. They send a key to unlock the shopping carts at places where you have to use a quarter in order unlock them. Think of all the money you will save on "renting" shopping carts without wasting quarters.

Huh? I have 3 sets of Armanov's and never got this key you mentioned. Pic?

So decided to order them. 21$ shipping.  And PayPal seems the primary way of  paying. I do not  have PayPal. They say you can use CC but do not tell you how.  

And are they honestly worth $105 

On 11/4/2019 at 11:12 AM, obsessiveshooter said:

Give your rubber grips the silicon carbide treatment. It definitely lacks the bling factor, but I think CZ nailed it on the contours and the silicon carbide makes them perfect for me at least.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Can you give a little more info about "silicon carbide" the rubber grips? Is this something you rub on or is like a special treatment? Never heard of it.

Thanks

2 hours ago, 1911vm said:

So decided to order them. 21$ shipping.  And PayPal seems the primary way of  paying. I do not  have PayPal. They say you can use CC but do not tell you how.  

And are they honestly worth $105 

Yes they're worth buying, but why not use cesar-shop. They're GTG, let you pay by CC, and have lower shipping than straight from armanov.

Can you give a little more info about "silicon carbide" the rubber grips? Is this something you rub on or is like a special treatment? Never heard of it.
Thanks

Take a pair of grips that you like and using a strong adhesive, you coat the grips with the adhesive and dip with the silicon carbide. Boom, super aggressive grippy texture. You can pick up silicon carbide at Harbor Freight or a rockhound that tumbles/polishes rocks.

4 hours ago, 1911vm said:

Do you have a link by any chance 

https://cesar-shop.com/product/armanov-cz-shadow-pistol-grips-3d-spider

While you're there check out the RCTech stuff. Sort of interesting...

https://cesar-shop.com/product/advanced-7-peaces-trigger-set-rc-tech-special

I should say that I've always used the slow boat from Taipei option because shipping is about 8 or 9 USD. It's consistently been about 7-12 days for arrival, but the orders always arrive. I input the tracking number into the USPS informed delivery and it updates like any typical USPS package once clearing customs in NYC.

Cesar-shop has killer prices on, hard to find in the US, CZ UB items. 

Edited by Burger_King_Taco