Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

sp01 shadow grips ?

1911vm

I am running the Henning Grips and love them. I tried the Lok Palm swells and could not get comfortable with them. I am looking really hard at those Armanov’s. They look really good and the price is pretty reasonable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought I mentioned this before.  But I really like the thin CZC  aluminum grips.  I love how  they feel.  But it seems that I shoot better with the factory one's.  That's why I started this search.  

Edited by 1911vm

The nice thing about LOK grips is they'll customize for you, and you can also just order one side. I order their S2 palm swell grips, and requested that they length the tops so they would match the height of the S1 grip. They did so at no charge. I found that for my right hand (strong hand) that the palm swell was to big effecting my trigger reach, so I ordered a thin right side grip. I should have know from the start to go with a palm swell left and thin right combo since I liked the trigger reach with the thin aluminum grips. 

19 hours ago, SouperMan said:

Take a pair of grips that you like and using a strong adhesive, you coat the grips with the adhesive and dip with the silicon carbide. Boom, super aggressive grippy texture. You can pick up silicon carbide at Harbor Freight or a rockhound that tumbles/polishes rocks.

This.  I tried the palm swells, too fat for my hands.  Bought a cheap set of G10s off Amazom.  One layer of epoxy and #36 silicon carbide.  About 80% perfect.  Added another layer on the weak hand side between finger tips and rear edge of grip panel.  Now perfect.  Symmetrical grip panels are not always optimal.

• 4 weeks later...

Well got a set of armanov black for my son for his B - day. For his shadow.  The look great. Grippy is a bad description.  Cant wait to try them at the range. I see a set on mine really soon.