Rich406

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Dazhi said:

Does anyone know where the 6MOA R3 Max is in stock? 

Everywhere I look, they are OOS or backordered with no ETA.  Thanks.

There was a backlog, then all of the crap in China hit so now there's a really big backlog.

13 minutes ago, clw42 said:

There was a backlog, then all of the crap in China hit so now there's a really big backlog.

I never even thought of that, but it makes sense.

2 hours ago, AZ123456 said:

Mine says Japan on the bottom of it (3 max xl).

2 hours ago, Dazhi said:

Is the R3 Max made in China?  I thought most of them are made in Philippines, some in Japan

Right, but don't you think some of the parts come from China?  Maybe even some of the critical parts like the circuit board.

2 minutes ago, clw42 said:

Right, but don't you think some of the parts come from China?  Maybe even some of the critical parts like the circuit board.

Definitely possible. I know they are "manufactured" in Japan but who knows about the smaller electrical components they use to make them.

Anyone has both R3Max amd XL? Some places have XL in stock and I wonder if XL has the same reliability and quality just different glass shape?

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, Dazhi said:

Does anyone know where the 6MOA R3 Max is in stock? 

Everywhere I look, they are OOS or backordered with no ETA.  Thanks.

According to Sig Optics customer service, they are in stock in NH from where I will be receiving my replacement optic.  Again.  This will be my 3rd Romeo3 Max in 4 months

6 minutes ago, Balakay said:

According to Sig Optics customer service, they are in stock in NH from where I will be receiving my replacement optic.  Again.  This will be my 3rd Romeo3 Max in 4 months

Ok... Care to expand on what went wrong with the R3 Max?  It seems R3 Max has more breakage stories than the SRO the more reading I do. 

54 minutes ago, Dazhi said:

Ok... Care to expand on what went wrong with the R3 Max?  It seems R3 Max has more breakage stories than the SRO the more reading I do. 

Unit #1 wouldn't hold windage

Unit #2  buttons stopped working

Hoping #3 is better

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have a Romeo 3 max and an rts-2?

I would like to know if anyone has done a comparison.

To buy an in stock Romeo 3 max from SIG directly is $779, you can get get an rts-2 for about $360.

Is it worth the price difference?

I switched to XL's from rts2's. Not even a comparison in my opinion. I have sold all my rts2's and now have 4 XL's. MUCH brighter dot, better buttons, longer battery life, larger glass, etc.  

Also don't buy from Sig. You can find them in the low $500's if you look.  I got mine for $475-$525. 

Edited by echotango

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2020 at 8:35 PM, Rich406 said:

Just a quick note that I’ve hit 20k on a romeo3 xl with no issues. Seems to be holding up ok. 

Slide or Frame mounted?

I have an XL sitting here on my desk that either I am going to sell or get one of the PD Stock 2 slides cut up for it...just concerned about its longevity.

5 hours ago, RGC said:

Slide or Frame mounted?

I have an XL sitting here on my desk that either I am going to sell or get one of the PD Stock 2 slides cut up for it...just concerned about its longevity.

Slide mounted.