Rich406

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, jeremy kemlo said:

So since you have both which is your favorite and why?

I like the Max, but the SRO has proven reliable so far, so i’ll probably use that through nationals.

The dot on the Max is way more adjustable, and the thinner bezel is nice. That said, they are fairly equivalent. 

4 minutes ago, Rich406 said:

I like the Max, but the SRO has proven reliable so far, so i’ll probably use that through nationals.

The dot on the Max is way more adjustable, and the thinner bezel is nice. That said, they are fairly equivalent. 

So if the max proves to be as reliable does the bigger window and thinner  bezel give  it the edge? Does the sro sit noticeably lower to the bore? 

5 minutes ago, jeremy kemlo said:

So if the max proves to be as reliable does the bigger window and thinner  bezel give  it the edge? Does the sro sit noticeably lower to the bore? 

‘if they are equally reliable, I’d use the Max. The SRO is slightly closer to the bore, less than 0.10”

Sig CS just told me that the Romeo3Max not only will not fit my X5, but will not fit any Sig pistol.
As I understand it, Max designed it for his X5, what's the logic behind Sig producing this and not fitting any of their guns?   The CS guy told me I'd have to buy a Springer adapter plate to install it on my gun. 

On 8/22/2019 at 5:45 PM, jeremy kemlo said:

I posted this a few other threads, but for completeness I'll put it here too.  I have a 5 min SRO and a 6 min 3 Max on two otherwise identical Open guns and now around 1500 rounds through the SRO and about 600 on the Max.  I think the Max has a slight edge in that application, but I can swap back and forth instantly with no noticeable change in times on drills, so will probably put the SRO on my CO gun if the Max holds up.

Really interested in the longevity of the SRO and MAX, it's a pretty neat time to be getting into CO and open with all the new mini dots coming out. Hopefully they don't become a crap shoot like the DPP's 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, tyr264 said:

Anyone had an idea when this optic is available? Also, if I read this thread correctly, it will not fit an M17, is that right?

Not without an adapter plate. The M17 cut fits the DPP & and Romeo 1 Pro. And the Romeo 1 if you drill out the scope holes a little. 

SIG dropped the ball on direct slide mounting. But.. on a Picatinny rail it is an AWESOME sight for Open, PCC, RFRO, RFPO, and anywhere else a Picatinny mount fits. I have one... and have had it on a PCC and RFRO. Love it!

I had a issue this week at a match with sun glare on my SRO. Has anyone experienced that annoying issue?

Thinking about getting a SIG max, could your experience the same thing with it?

I did dialed the brightness down.

Edited by Slide4949

• 2 months later...

My 6 MOA max showed this week and I can’t wait to get it on my open gun. The quality of dot, crisp glass, thinner bezel, and easy and positive button function and adjustments are very impressive. Hope it holds up! 

• 1 month later...

Anyone care to update on their R3 Max reliability after 10k or 20k rounds?  Seriously considering going the R3 Max route over SRO.  The ghost dot under certain sun angel on the SRO is too much a problem for me personally.  R3 Max does not seem to have that serious of a problem. 

I only have 1500 rounds on mine but I can tell you that shooting into the sun is not an issue. The glass is extremely nice and I wish I would’ve found this optic sooner. I will continue to update as I get more rounds on it.

23 hours ago, Dazhi said:

Anyone care to update on their R3 Max reliability after 10k or 20k rounds?  Seriously considering going the R3 Max route over SRO.  The ghost dot under certain sun angel on the SRO is too much a problem for me personally.  R3 Max does not seem to have that serious of a problem. 

I have a Romeo 3XL on an open gun with over 12K.  I'm still using the original battery and haven't done a hard shut down so I can see how long the battery lasts.  So far it's been about 4 months.