Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Romeo 1 Pro

jrn1975

3 minutes ago, George16 said:

I got rid of all my 3 and 3.25 MOA red dots and bought 6 moa dots at the beginning of the since my vision got worse. It’s only going to get worse too as I get older 😂.

Check out Impactguns.com. They had some yesterday. I don’t need one so I didn't order.

Really. And my cmore is a 6moa.

Maybe i need to rethink the dot size?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, Rolex said:

Really. And my cmore is a 6moa.

Maybe i need to rethink the dot size?

That’s why all my Cmores and RMRs are 6 and 6.5 respectively. I can’t see the 3moa dots.

I shoot the FDCC 2 gun using the eotech which has the 65 moa ring and 2 Moa dot like the 510C and I was having problems seeing it so I sold the eotech and bought another 6 moa cmore slideride and mounted it on my AR15 SBR. Way better.              

54 minutes ago, George16 said:

That’s why all my Cmores and RMRs are 6 and 6.5 respectively. I can’t see the 3moa dots.

I shoot the FDCC 2 gun using the eotech which has the 65 moa ring and 2 Moa dot like the 510C and I was having problems seeing it so I sold the eotech and bought another 6 moa cmore slideride and mounted it on my AR15 SBR. Way better.              

What MOA is the MPX have

3 minutes ago, Rolex said:

What MOA is the MPX have

Both have 6 moa slide rides. Shoot a stage with my MPX  tomorrow and find out how you’ll like the 6moa compared to your 510C.

I never liked the EOTech circle and dot so i sold it. I don’t like the holosun since it’s basicaly an eotech 😝.

Edited by George16

41 minutes ago, zhunter said:

Just placed an order for the Romeo Pro 1 6 MOA with Optics Planet.  They said it should be in stock in late November.  Got a nice discount for the wait... $355

I believe that's close to dealer cost- 

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 3:22 PM, BillR1 said:

Valid point. I'm a big fan of the original Romeo1, and have had zero issues with any of the four I've owned. I see the Romeo1 Pro as an updated version of an already outstanding sight, and at a sweet price.

You're right. I have a ROMEO1 and the new ROMEO1PRO. Love them both. The 1PRO is a 3 MOA dot, but to me it is as bright as a 6 MOA. I have the 1PRO on a PCC with a rail mount at the moment.

The shield is a nice touch, and the sight is as easy to use as the original ROMEO1. I give it a BIG +1.

2 hours ago, Doublehelix said:

Sorry to be an idiot, but can you translate? I get the R1Pro, but what is the R1T?

Thanks.

The R1T was offered a few weeks ago from Sig. It will fit the Legion slide cut, after the install it has a slight gap

in the front near the LCI, I think the rep told me the window was slightly smaller than the Romeo 1 Pro.

Other than that it was the same, he also said it was a military left over.

I think I'd prefer the Romeo's side mounted buttons to the Deltapoint Pro's one big button inside the viewing window.

Otherwise, what's the draw to this optic over the DPP?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, MrPCHead said:

Does anyone know what front sight will be required to work with the R1Pro rear notch? I am certain the existing Dawson front sight will be far too low. 

The factory sites that comes on the X5 were designed to work with the original  Romeo 1, I would guess that it would be the same with the Romeo 1 Pro. There were a lot of owners that complain about how high the rear site had to be adjusted due to this when not running a red dot. 

I cannot confirm or deny how well it works having never used a Romeo 1

I just ordered a Romeo 1 Pro for my back up Legion as they are in stock on Sig’s webstore.

After the dot zero does it co-witness with the rear notch and front sight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 10/8/2019 at 7:28 AM, Stician said:

I just ordered a Romeo 1 Pro for my back up Legion as they are in stock on Sig’s webstore.

After the dot zero does it co-witness with the rear notch and front sight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine did. But that changed when i removed and installed the Sig Romeo cover.

On 10/4/2019 at 10:08 AM, BillR1 said:

Mine showed up yesterday also.

Does anyone have an opinion on running the R1Pro without the shroud? Good or bad idea?

That would not be a problem as long as your not dropping your gun onto the optic with regularity. The R1Pro by itself is going to be a be stronger than the R1 since it's an aluminum housing instead of magnesium. 

On 10/9/2019 at 6:04 PM, Rolex said:

Mine did. But that changed when i removed and installed the Sig Romeo cover.

Does the R1Pro lens foul from the LCI barrel?  I got the dot today but not shooting with it tomorrow, going to a match and using the primary pistol with a SRO on it.

27 minutes ago, Stician said:

Does the R1Pro lens foul from the LCI barrel?  I got the dot today but not shooting with it tomorrow, going to a match and using the primary pistol with a SRO on it.

yes- mine showed powder residue at 50 rounds and at 80 and shooting into the sun- I had a real tough time with the clearity and the dot.

The had my x 5 only 5 working days- sent on a Wednesday- the received on Friday,

and I received it back from them on the next Wednesday. With a NON LCI barrel-